SE cancels 3 of 4 Story DLCs, Tabata Out

linkdevivo

16 minutes ago, SanhRim said:

What do you honestly think?

Bend over and give me your wallet! Is what SE is telling you with this lol

Haha well yeah, I can definitely see them doing this, but it would be a bad move altogether, they have the chance to save some PR face after the backlash they got with this news and FFXV altogether, adding more fuel to the fire  so that later on you'll have a "complete" edition no one will buy isn't really worth it.

6 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

But they didn't shut down the multiplayer in SR3, they shut down something else...

Yea, and that "something else" had a trophy connected with it. Volition broadly stated that it won't be achievable after character upload thingie is shutdowned. While it is still pretty easy to do offline...

my expectations for SE FF games are on a big low  , since FF15 , Story DLCs are gone , instead we did get some shit Multiplayer no one asked for  and my expectations for the next main FF game are not ver High , if  SE wants to throw away what made this franchise great  and replace it with some shit only to b8   mainstream western gamers while shitting on the core fans  >.<  I think i will just replay FF6 again and 9  EDIT : This Guy says all that needs to be said 

Edited by Tamikuz
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, dragonzombie1 said:

How long does it takes to complete comrades expansion?

Can it be played without starting the main game?

Took me 50 hours but I was playing offline 90% of the time. 

6 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

1. Yes.

2. 30-40 Hours.

Are you counting the loading screens?? ?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

Took me 50 hours but I was playing offline 90% of the time. 

Are you counting the loading screens?? 1f602.png

Well it took me around 30 hours to get 999.999 KW and another 10 orso to do the second expansion. Playing online cuts a lot of time. Pretty accurate guess I think ?. But I get your point... The loading times are terrible. ?

51 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Yea, and that "something else" had a trophy connected with it. Volition broadly stated that it won't be achievable after character upload thingie is shutdowned. While it is still pretty easy to do offline...

Did they really said that? Or they simply said that it wouldn't be possible to use that feature?

I'm happy and slightly bummed about the news.

I enjoyed the character DLC stuff more than the game, but my god the commrades. What a nightmare. I was looking forward to the other character stories, but at least we get Ardyn. Just happy I got everything to 100% and after the final DLC I can sell this game 

31 minutes ago, kraven_15 said:

I've read some people say it's faster to do comrades online rather than with bots... can someone please explain to me why this is so? 

You can generally play with people that are higher level than the bots you get stuck with, and real people tend to play better, especially for certain missions that have objectives like saving a building from being destroyed or guiding a caravan to safety.

Generally speaking, the harder the mission, the more Kw you can get... so if you're trying to do it with just bots, you might not be comfortable doing high-yielding missions because you could get stuck with under-leveled bots.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

You can generally play with people that are higher level than the bots you get stuck with, and real people tend to play better, especially for certain missions that have objectives like saving a building from being destroyed or guiding a caravan to safety.

Generally speaking, the harder the mission, the more Kw you can get... so if you're trying to do it with just bots, you might not be comfortable doing high-yielding missions because you could get stuck with under-leveled bots.

Ok, so it's a level issue. So if i've got 2 other friends who are the same level as me (none of us have started the game) it won't make much difference in that sense. Thank you for your reply

According to this Gemastu article, Comrades won't be functional past December 12th on the base game other than creation and photo viewing. So if the comrade trophies from the main game aren't tied to the stand alone, I don't think the multiplayer trophies would be attainable even with bots since you would need the stand alone to continue.

"Square Enix noted that the expansion version of Comrades will no longer be playable when the standalone version launches. Users who have already purchased the expansion will be able to download the standalone version free of charge. The only remaining working features of the expansion will be the “Avatar Creation” and “Photo Viewing” tools."

I originally was waiting to play FFXV once all of the additional episodes released so I can experience everything at once, but I don't know if I should risk waiting past December 12th. I'm aware there are spoilers for the main game in Comrades so it would be rather annoying to start FFXV and just complete all of the Comrade trophies before starting the game at a later point. Even if the stand alone did pop the trophies for the main game, I'm sure it will have it's own listing/additional dlc lists added.

I'm still downloading the whole content so I can't check by myself, but I have a question for those who actually completed or at least started Comrades. When you select to play Comrades at main screen, does the game ask for some kind of "logging to servers etc" or stuff like that?

I ask because if the answer is "no", I even thought to remove the tick on Net Connection under ps4 settings just to avoid each kind of patch automatically downloaded, in case I won't be able to complete Comrades before 12th december. At the end of the day Comrades can be played offline too...

Edited by X_Wizi_X

2 hours ago, Aokyi said:

According to this Gemastu article, Comrades won't be functional past December 12th on the base game other than creation and photo viewing. So if the comrade trophies from the main game aren't tied to the stand alone, I don't think the multiplayer trophies would be attainable even with bots since you would need the stand alone to continue.

"Square Enix noted that the expansion version of Comrades will no longer be playable when the standalone version launches. Users who have already purchased the expansion will be able to download the standalone version free of charge. The only remaining working features of the expansion will be the “Avatar Creation” and “Photo Viewing” tools."

I originally was waiting to play FFXV once all of the additional episodes released so I can experience everything at once, but I don't know if I should risk waiting past December 12th. I'm aware there are spoilers for the main game in Comrades so it would be rather annoying to start FFXV and just complete all of the Comrade trophies before starting the game at a later point. Even if the stand alone did pop the trophies for the main game, I'm sure it will have it's own listing/additional dlc lists added.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would they let you create an avatar for a game mode you can't play?

5 hours ago, kraven_15 said:

I've read some people say it's faster to do comrades online rather than with bots... can someone please explain to me why this is so? 

It is faster with real players but I woudn't advice relying to much on that cause the final boss is only playable with bots

• Like 1

I emailed Square Enix asking whether the comrades trophies will become unobtainable on the FFXV list once it splits off into a stand alone game and I got response saying that Square Enix has no idea how trophies work. They alleged that Sony implements the trophies in their games. I'm pretty sure the support person who answered my ticket just had no idea and made up some random crap.

• Like 2

Everything about this game has been a complete mess.  There were parts of it I really, truly enjoyed but it was mishandled so much I just feel nothing but disgust when I think of it all.  I'll be busting my butt to start and finish the comrade trophies over the next month because I REALLY don't want to risk something on my trophy list becoming unobtainable.

They are likely cutting off access to the offline mode to encourage people to play the new version.

6 hours ago, X_Wizi_X said:

I'm still downloading the whole content so I can't check by myself, but I have a question for those who actually completed or at least started Comrades. When you select to play Comrades at main screen, does the game ask for some kind of "logging to servers etc" or stuff like that?

I ask because if the answer is "no", I even thought to remove the tick on Net Connection under ps4 settings just to avoid each kind of patch automatically downloaded, in case I won't be able to complete Comrades before 12th december. At the end of the day Comrades can be played offline too...

You can't play comrades offline. You can play solo with bots but it's still an online mode

• Like 1