Spyro Day 1 Update - 36gbs

DuckSwimmer

8 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

Just a friendly heads up about this update, which is currently live so if others get their hands on early copies, you’ll be able to play everything. It is about 36gb and it’s needed in order to play Spyro 2 and 3.

Where are you getting that info from? Because there's been info released lately where people have, you know, asked Toys For Bob, where they ask about this and confirm that most of 2 and 3 are on the disc.

Heck, look at this video for one, based upon said info that 2 and 3 are mostly on the disc (only needing a patch for the rest of the levels), you can easily see how big it would be in the end:

Logical deduction would be that the patch would only be about 5 or so GB, not 30 or so.

• Like 2

Just now, Afro_Gear said:

Activision has confirmed to IGN that "The trilogy will ship with content from each of the three games, including the entire first game and a subset of levels from games 2 and 3. In order for the full Reignited Trilogy offerings, a day one update is required." - https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/29/activision-clarifies-spyro-reignited-trilogy-download-requirements

Yes, that's what I'm getting at, 2 and 3 are on the disc, not fully though, so said patch is for the rest of the games, not for all of 2 and 3.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yes, that's what I'm getting at, 2 and 3 are on the disc, not fully though, so said patch is for the rest of the games, not for all of 2 and 3.

and I still plan to get it. but I'm debating between Spyro ($55 CDN), Yakuza Kiwami 2 ($55 CDN), or Darksiders 3 ($60), on top of paying off Smash Bros ($60), 

how long before a price drop do u think? or is it worth a day one? I loved crash but never finished 2 or 3 lol.

Just now, LegacyJKO09 said:

and I still plan to get it. but I'm debating between Spyro ($55 CDN), Yakuza Kiwami 2 ($55 CDN), or Darksiders 3 ($60), on top of paying off Smash Bros ($60), 

how long before a price drop do u think? or is it worth a day one? I loved crash but never finished 2 or 3 lol.

Same, still getting it this Tuesday, however... if that 36GB patch is actually the correct size and now said, 5 or so GB... then my friend wont wont to get the game.

Since it's new, not sure how long really.  I live in NZ, so we wont really have any of these Black Friday deals or whatever the Americans have, so that sort of price drop, I would be unaware of.

3 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

Well most if not all retailers in NA already have their Black Friday ads finished, so this likely won't have any discount for this BF. I personally am getting Darksiders 3 as I love that franchise and want to support THQNordic to reward them for their IP acquisition, but if you are a big Spyro fan I get it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Afro_Gear said:

Well most if not all retailers in NA already have their Black Friday ads finished, so this likely won't have any discount for this BF. I personally am getting Darksiders 3 as I love that franchise and want to support THQNordic to reward them for their IP acquisition, but if you are a big Spyro fan I get it. 

Shit i totally forgot Darksiders 3 is coming this month. Platted Darksiders 1 & 2 so will definitely get Darksiders 3. Might wait for a sale on Spyro then.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Where are you getting that info from? Because there's been info released lately where people have, you know, asked Toys For Bob, where they ask about this and confirm that most of 2 and 3 are on the disc.

Heck, look at this video for one, based upon said info that 2 and 3 are mostly on the disc (only needing a patch for the rest of the levels), you can easily see how big it would be in the end:

Logical deduction would be that the patch would only be about 5 or so GB, not 30 or so.

Currently playing the game atm and also -

https://imgur.com/a/dkdpf74

ignore the 66min download time. I figured out I was installing the Spider-Man update the same time I took this picture.

Edited by DuckSwimmer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

Currently playing the game atm and also -

https://imgur.com/a/dkdpf74

ignore the 66min download time. I figured out I was installing the Spider-Man update the same time I took this picture.

Ah, so it is true then.  That is interesting for sure.  And with what I was sharing with said video with the image for about 55GB needed, then I assume that either there's about 50GB or so on disc and the trilogy is very big.

Ah well, I'm not too fussed, I can play through the first game and have that download in the background.  Sucks though as that means my friend wont wont to get it then :/

2 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Then simply do it like Rockstar did with RDR2. Make it 2 discs insetad of 1. This means that along time from now when server potentially are down or if you take you PS4 to a place without internet connection you can't play the full games. It's so incredibly stupid. The point of physical games is that you should be able to play them in full from disc without needing a connection. Hopefully other developers don't start with this.

Why would they make a second disk for only 5GB, Only 10% of the disk would be used It’s only $2 to duplicate Blu-rays, but they have to make like over million copies. lets just say Spyro sells 4 mil like crash did, it would cost $4,000,000 extra dollars for only 5 GB even if you have awful internet, play spyro 1 during the day and put you PS4 on standby and download the patch overnight
stop being a baby a grow up. its just a minor inconvenience 

• Like 2

Just now, Viper5787 said:

Why would they make a second disk for only 5GB, Only 10% of the disk would be used It’s only $2 to duplicate Blu-rays, but they have to make like over million copies. lets just say Spyro sells 4 mil like crash did, it would cost $4,000,000 extra dollars for only 5 GB even if you have awful internet, play spyro 1 during the day and put you PS4 on standby and download the patch overnight
stop being a baby a grow up. its just a minor inconvenience 

5gb? It's 36 GB and not 5. Even if it only were 5 GB they should make another disc. The point of physical games is that the whole game is on disc. Otherwise you might just buy digital.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

5gb? It's 36 GB and not 5. Even if it only were 5 GB they should make another disc. The point of physical games is that the whole game is on disc. Otherwise you might just buy digital.

the back of the box says 55gb the download that guy has that shows 36 GB we dont even know if thats even for spyro 2 and 3. its IMPOSSIBLE for all 3 games to be fully on disk. like I said 2 and 3 ARE on disk, just not fully. and you CAN still play them. more then half of your current physical games need patched to even be played in the first place either for bugs or the same reason as spyro

• Like 1

I'm done with Activision after Spyro comes out, because I am fed up of their BS. There is zero excuse for not making this game a 2 disc set, as they will more than make their money back on it and then some.

Don't get me wrong, I love Spyro to death and will be playing the hell out of this collection after it comes through my Letterbox next week but Activision's treatment of him over the last decade has really rubbed me up the wrong way and this business about what is and isn't on the disc - is the last straw. I love what Toys for Bob have done with this remake but Activision have been treating them like dirt, if that annoymous employee Reddit post from a couple of months back is anything to go by.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update
  • Like 1