Spyro Day 1 Update - 36gbs

DuckSwimmer

9 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I'm done with Activision after Spyro comes out, because I am fed up of their BS. There is zero excuse for not making this game a 2 disc set, as they will more than make their money back on it and then some.

Yes, that will show them after they get your money! :D

9 minutes ago, MAXTHUNDER said:

ACTIVISION and their dirty ways? You realize Toys for Bob made these games correct?

I generally agree with you that there are a lot of the typical salty reactions here, but decisions like how many disks are being used are usually made by the publishers.

thank god I didn't preorde this, i'll get it physically after its officially launched.

I really wished if Sony and blue point studio have did this collection instead and maybe since they got more knowledge about the limitations and all they might have a better solution about this BS ActiNOvision and Toys for Stupid Bob did ?

at this rate I really appreciate the idea of having the collection on two disc, speaking of discs, what's the point of physical media now since the freaking games nowadays need more than 50GB yet still required to be installed completely on the HDD?

I heard people already saying next gen from now on should use those dual layer Blu-ray discs that's about 128GB or something, I swear even if they developed a 1TB Blu-ray discs and consoles in the future had 4TB HDD as a standard you'll gonna see these shitty publishers will still find ways to ruin the games where despite the huge storage discs they still need 2TB day one patch this time and the rest of the game need 1TB to be installed only to be shocked that the actual size of the game is 12GB.

• Like 1

I really don't get why there are people legit ready to just straight up not buy the game.

Does it suck that everything isn't on the disc?

Absolutely but this giga update does mean that the games are way more polished as it was very apparent that spyro 3 wasn't ready for release last month yet the discs were already printed.

You can always get the digital version and just avoid the problem all together.

Edited by monteblommie
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I have a dumb question. I have limited interest in purchasing this game, but I will probably play it from my library. If you get a second-hand copy, is the update free?

Updates are ALWAYS free... seriously this rumor has spiralled out of control.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

It has nothing to do with the "rumor". I couldn't care less how they deliver a game that I'm probably not going to buy anyway.

I simply didn't know that "updates are ALWAYS free". I do now.

5 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

It has nothing to do with the "rumor". I couldn't care less how they deliver a game that I'm probably not going to buy anyway.

I simply didn't know that "updates are ALWAYS free". I do now.

There have been game collections in the past year that had one or more of the games as a DLC code, not an update, so it's a pretty understandable question.

Bayonetta 2 on Switch had Bayonetta 1 as a download code (and that was not as a "pre-order bonus, like with the South Park games - this is how the game is shipped, and the digital versions together are the same price as the one physical pack). Either Mega Man and/or Mega Man X had the second half of the collection not on disc/cartridge but as a download code, at least in the West.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

I'm done with Activision after Spyro comes out, because I am fed up of their BS. There is zero excuse for not making this game a 2 disc set, as they will more than make their money back on it and then some.

Don't get me wrong, I love Spyro to death and will be playing the hell out of this collection after it comes through my Letterbox next week but Activision's treatment of him over the last decade has really rubbed me up the wrong way and this business about what is and isn't on the disc - is the last straw. I love what Toys for Bob have done with this remake but Activision have been treating them like dirt, if that annoymous employee Reddit post from a couple of months back is anything to go by.

"There is zero excuse". Aren't we entitled. You do realize that Toys for Bob made the game, correct? You do realize that this game is not a full retail price game, correct? Maybe give them money for that extra disc and we don't need to hear or read your banters.  Like I said earlier. Would you rather Toys for Bob half a-- the games just to fit them onto one disc? I'd rather play the beautiful games they built for true fans. Fans that don't wine and complain and enjoy the games that we wanted for so long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent 47 said:

There have been game collections in the past year that had one or more of the games as a DLC code, not an update, so it's a pretty understandable question.

Bayonetta 2 on Switch had Bayonetta 1 as a download code (and that was not as a "pre-order bonus, like with the South Park games - this is how the game is shipped, and the digital versions together are the same price as the one physical pack). Either Mega Man and/or Mega Man X had the second half of the collection not on disc/cartridge but as a download code, at least in the West.

I said UPDATES not games. Games are one thing.

3 hours ago, MAXTHUNDER said:

Let's get this straight. So, You want to play the games 20 years from now. So, You will only buy it used. Do you think buying it used is going to fix that? Do you actually realize how much hard work went into making these games because I don't think you do. Would you rather they half a--ed the games just to fit them on a single disc? Buying games used doesn't support the developers and in this case Toys for Bob at all and they put a lot of hard work into bringing these games out. Keep in mind this is not a full retail priced game and at 40 USD for 3 legendary games rebuilt from the ground up is worth it in my book.

I will only buy it used because I'm not going to support Activision in only releasing half a physical product. I know full well that TfB worked hard on it, so they should have issue with Activision, it's not my responsibility to buy a game new just because this corporation 'worked hard on it'. TfB have already been paid, so I have no issues about not supporting this game. If you're happy to just throw away stuff that you've bought, that's fine. But if I paid for it, I want to be able to use all of it until it physically breaks, not until the company I bought it from decides that I've had enough time to play this and should be done. I know we live in a throwaway culture now, where people have no issues about being blocked from things they paid for, but I do my best not to support it.

Buying it used means that Activision don't get my money and I still get to play.

Don't even try to guilt me into buying a game that Activision have already paid their studio to make. If I pay for a product, I should be able to use that product whenever I want, whether that's tomorrow, in 20 years or 40. I should be able to put the disc into a working PS4, and be able to play the entire 3 games. If you don't care about this that's fine, but don't try to bullshit me into supporting bullshit practices.

Edit: Before you call me entitled, I have every right to want the product that I pay for. If they want my money they need to make a product I am willing to spend that money on. They haven't done that. Telling people to just suck it up because it's 2018 is no argument, and ever more shitty practices is why I'm shifting to PC gaming where I'm not locked into this bollocks.

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

I said UPDATES not games. Games are one thing.

And I said, several colections this past year needed downloading of additional games through a download code.

I understand this game has an UPDATE, I'm just saying it's easy to make a mistake in this as other collections used a CODE, meaning used copies only had part of the collection.

No need to be snappy with me - only thing I'm saying is there's no need to snap at people. The person you snapped at wasn't even one complaining about the update, they just got this type of non-disc update confused with the way several other collections worked.

In other news, because of threads like these bringing the game up in my thoughts, and because of the amazingly weird Spyro incense burner*, I'm now actually interested in this collection even though I've never played any Spyro game after playing a few minutes on my little brother's PS1 of the first game and thinking it wasn't all that great :D

I'd probably get it digitally anyway, so I wouldn't really care about how big the update is. And even if I'd get it physically... Whatever, 36GB is nothing compared to some of the downloads I'd had to make for other games. Yeah it's a bit much, but at least it's actual game stuff and not a whole lot of fixes the devs have done after rushingly going gold.

* See below

Spoiler

5b71a20202397737921387.jpg

17 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

And I said, several colections this past year needed downloading of additional games through a download code.

I understand this game has an UPDATE, I'm just saying it's easy to make a mistake in this as other collections used a CODE, meaning used copies only had part of the collection.

No need to be snappy with me - only thing I'm saying is there's no need to snap at people. The person you snapped at wasn't even one complaining about the update, they just got this type of non-disc update confused with the way several other collections worked.

In other news, because of threads like these bringing the game up in my thoughts, and because of the amazingly weird Spyro incense burner*, I'm now actually interested in this collection even though I've never played any Spyro game after playing a few minutes on my little brother's PS1 of the first game and thinking it wasn't all that great :D

I'd probably get it digitally anyway, so I wouldn't really care about how big the update is. And even if I'd get it physically... Whatever, 36GB is nothing compared to some of the downloads I'd had to make for other games. Yeah it's a bit much, but at least it's actual game stuff and not a whole lot of fixes the devs have done after rushingly going gold.

* See below

Reveal hidden contents

5b71a20202397737921387.jpg

Yes, but if they released part 2 and 3 with a code it means they would've been released separately one day. This collection is like the Crash Bandicoot one, just with a effed up total GB size. Also HOLY S**T for that incense burner.

ps: there's also some weird situation with BioShock 1 from the Infinite disc being installable and usable without it. Or was it Dead Space Extraction from Dead Space 2?

Edited by Lance_87

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Yes, but if they released part 2 and 3 with a code it means they would've been released separately one day. This collection is like the Crash Bandicoot one, just with a effed up total GB size. Also HOLY S**T for that incense burner.

ps: there's also some weird situation with BioShock 1 from the Infinite disc being installable and usable without it. Or was it Dead Space Extraction from Dead Space 2?

They've also made a Spyro Cable Guy.

I haven't played either one of those situations you describe so I wouldn't know.

32 minutes ago, RockyRoller said:

Some people would only rather have the digital version available and then others would complain about the game not being released on disc. Activision just can't win.

They should've released all three games separately digital and on disc for €30 a piece, and everybody would have been happy.

theorically is there any point in owning any physical copies these days? Im asking because, lets say that psn went out, youd be left with a technical mess most of the time and without 20+ patches to migate that, then what difference does it make?

you all blame activision, rightfully so, but maybe it have more to do with how big these games are and cant fit on 1 blu ray disc. Why not ship the games with two discs then? Probably because it costs more to manufacturing two discs than it does creating a patch.

Im asking because, lets say that psn went out, youd be left with a technical mess most of the time and without 20+ patches to migate that, then what difference does it make?

Why not reformat your PS4, disconnect from the internet, re-install some physical games, then tell us how many really do need patches in order to be played. 
No need for theory.

Just now, TJ_Solo said:

Why not reformat your PS4, disconnect from the internet, re-install some physical games, then tell us how many really do need patches in order to be played. 
No need for theory.

Every game can be played without patches but technically youre sitting on physical games thats either missing key features or fixes to game breaking issues or even trophy related without patches.