Will be possible to 100% FFXV?

FairyCal

4 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

Finished up my 100%

https://imgur.com/a/tUhVIll

I got this with idling around 6-7 hours, it's definitely possible to finish it in under 30 hours if you're a bit lucky like I was. 

The tip from @AlchemistWer helped a lot, upgrading Maces to level 60 with Chrome Bits to break them down into Meteorites and Strength/Vitality Gemstones helps a lot. Otherwise, the big game changer is Dragon Whisker lol, Double Penetrator X makes it so free to do literally anything, but you gotta get lucky to get the Behemoth Tears. 

I personally advise not to have a Katana as your main weapon. Warp Strikes feel absolutely awful to do, and air combat is pure trash with it. 

Good luck for all that attempt it, as it is still doable. The hardest and most frustrating part is the beginning, it kinda grew on me when I made an effective build and could actually play the game properly, even more so with being strong enough to completely ignore AI. 

Wow I'm very happy that two person already used the method I did when create and upgrate my weapons. Happy to know you already finish with Comrades as well.!

• Like 2

I just finished it, at 46 hours with a lot of time wasted (2-3 hours iddle, made 6-7 weapons.. And got to lvl 66 or something while farming Zuu for the Apple, before giving up.. + I farmed the daily event to get the Cid buff in a single day..), still amazed that I got this done over just 3 weekends! (ya, really long sessions, specially my 1st weekend with around 18 hours on the in-game clock by the time that I stopped..)

An odd thing that I saw was that I got the 999.999 KW trophy when I unlocked all the map, not at the end of a mission (I had to get lucky and get to find 1 random person to co-op "A Familiar Fright", and by that time I had 200k KW on hand), I thought we just needed to get the KW, not clear the full map for this trophy.. 

18 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

ya I've tried the daily spam.

Unfortunately i seem to be working at peek times lol

Maybe I'll get lucky next 2 days off 

Deadline is vast approaching

If you need a hand by next Saturday, just message me and I will help. That's essentially the only day I can reliably be available.. 

Done. 37:48 hours in 4 days and 2,5 hours.
I ended up with only 2 dragon whiskers and two weak weapons which I made at the beginning (they were strong back then ...). I also bought 500.000 kW, which was a total waste of gil, but I had 340.000 gil at the time. I could have bought a quarter or less. Still, it didn't matter in the end.

I got lucky on my 4th infernal invaders, we were 4 real people, no one grabbed an ingredient so Kenny showed up. That's the only time I saw Kenny.

I did not provide power for the entire map. There is still one treasure at the end of a closed route, since I haven't done the necessary urgent mission yet.

I also used the rampage sigil for ifrit. Not sure if that helped but I ended up warping throughout the match. The few times the rampage was charged and unloaded hardly seemed to matter.

I made the ashura first, and the mace (both leveled up from cheap stuff available in the first shop).

Next I used the aura sigil + one dragon whisker for most of the game.

I ended the game with 2 dragon whiskers (the first with helmsplitter X, the 2nd with undaunted II), 1 ashura and 1 tadayoshi. Both dragon whiskers where crafted with a 20% Cid boost that I randomly got finishing a mission.

Final stats with rampage sigil equipped:

level 44, strength 1046, vitality 591, magic 61, spirit 65

resistance: fire 85, ice 15, thunder 83, dark 50 and shot 0.

Let's hope the save of this dlc can somehow be imported into the stand alone game. If that's free for those who bought the dlc and we can import our save. We have a head start, at least in equipment.

17 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I just finished it, at 46 hours with a lot of time wasted (2-3 hours iddle, made 6-7 weapons.. And got to lvl 66 or something while farming Zuu for the Apple, before giving up.. + I farmed the daily event to get the Cid buff in a single day..), still amazed that I got this done over just 3 weekends! (ya, really long sessions, specially my 1st weekend with around 18 hours on the in-game clock by the time that I stopped..)

An odd thing that I saw was that I got the 999.999 KW trophy when I unlocked all the map, not at the end of a mission (I had to get lucky and get to find 1 random person to co-op "A Familiar Fright", and by that time I had 200k KW on hand), I thought we just needed to get the KW, not clear the full map for this trophy.. 

If you need a hand by next Saturday, just message me and I will help. That's essentially the only day I can reliably be available.. 

Sure!  I only just got the whole 'privite camp' system to work as a few friends an i tryed a year ago an could never find each other.

Kenny is all ive left.

Ill have to check schdule

Im at like 38 hrs made 8 weapond. Farmed 300k gil and idled a good 8 hrs lol

5 hours ago, re_panos said:

I need Kenny too, so hit me up too if you can. I can be available every day for an hour at least.

EDIT: I am currently farming for materials and Laser Sensors seem really rare. Is there any alternative or do I just have to farm over and over?

Do Ghost in the Machine or w/e it was called and break the shield on it’s arm, and the cannon on it’s back. If you still need KW finish the mission, if not just abort.

• Like 1

^It's mentioned on the previous page:

"Once you unlock Norduscaen Garrison and find the refugees nearby, you can select a leader that will open an item shop.
He will sell Curved Hollow horns for 2100 gil. This gives +25 attack to a weapon."

I was able to beat Ifrit the other day being Lvl 50 and using Dragon Whisker (99), Dragon Whisker (112), Kain's Lance (99), and a katana (think I upgraded it from Mythril, idk lol). My teammates got killed off save for Libertus, and I healed him whenever he was in trouble. Used the Rampage Sigil, warp striked Ifrit to build up All Creation attack, rinse and repeat.

Just need to do the Departure mission with Iggy, Gladdy, and Prompto and I'll be all done with Comrades + March update! Big thanks to the randoms that helped me get through Urgent and other high level missions! I think I remember seeing @Mesopithecus and Kane-Fire on some, ty~

• Like 2

I have punished Ifrit into the ground. I have stopped to grind laser sensors. I have upgrade my both Dragon Whisker with the ingredients you can buy at the garrison, there is another item that gives a high strength and vitality boost. Furthermore I have build my both catanas completly new. So I got a strength over 2200 and a vitality of 1500. First I tried it with the Aura sigil, no luck. Then I used rampage. It's nice to see that he will get with every quick hit 1k or more damage in his face and with the blast attack he will get over 4500 per hit.

I got only one time in critical state, but it was in the third phase and Libertus was alive as I finished him.

Thanks for the tips, I got from you to do my last trophy for comrades.

• Like 1

Seeing how some people are saying that FFXV was actually bad, how does it compare to XIII? I know that one suffered from a lack of alternation but I still have fond memories of it because it was graphically impressive and the story had a few really good moments. There were some outstanding soundtracks as well, adding to the environments which looked great for as long as I remember. Since I yet have to play FFXV it would be nice to know if people ended up liking it despite its flaws and more importantly why.

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover

15 minutes ago, GTRP_Lancerlover said:

Seeing how some people are saying that FFXV was actually bad, how does it compare to XIII? I know that one suffered from a lack of alternation but I still have fond memories of it because it was graphically impressive and the story had a few really good moments. There were some outstanding soundtracks as well, adding to the environments which looked great for as long as I remember. Since I yet have to play FFXV it would be nice to know if people ended up liking it despite its flaws and more importantly why.

Both were excellent games in my opinion, such a shame that there is no 13 trilogy remaster. I'd buy that in a heartbeat

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GTRP_Lancerlover said:

I'm just playing through the base game of FFXV now and I'm really enjoying it, one thing I would say is that it doesn't really play like a typical Final Fantasy game in terms of battles but it's incredibly easy to pick up.  The story is decent enough, however it does seem pretty short outside of the filler content (side quests, hunts etc.)  Some of the dialogue is also a bit awkwardly done at times, but I can overlook that.  

So I'm not sure how many people noticed my initial claim about being unkillable by Ifrit, but I'm pretty certain I just discovered why that was. Fire resistance is glitched.

So I just reached Ifrit on my Xbox One playthrough and I ended up taking a bit more time to build up a few additional Dragon Whiskers, which meant sitting at much higher stats than my initial run. One thing that got boosted was my Fire Resistance, I upped it to 100% (from 99% on PS4). Confident in my build, I went into the Ifrit battle and got defeated. I managed on the second try to get to his "engulfed in flames" phase, and again, defeated. I was analyzing my stats for a second between the two consoles and I wanted to test a theory.

I unequipped one of my weapons that boosted my Fire Resistance to 100%, opting instead to build up a junk weapon with 19% Fire Resistance on it (ignoring all the other stats), which brought my total to 99%. I re-entered the battle and, well:

xMgjPOa.jpg

Now I'm auto-killing Ifrit. :)

EDIT: So Ifrit is down, took 48 minutes of auto-battle. One key thing is to try and stay on top where the ground isn't inflicting that annoying debuff, as it really diminishes your damage output. If you're going to be actively playing, blocking will obviously speed up this process tremendously.

Here are my stats post-Ifrit:

PS4:

30:09 hours, Level 33, 3181 HP, 125 MP, 1205 Str, 500 Vit, 128 Mag, 261 Spirit, 99% Fire Res, 44% Ice Res, 80% Lightning Res, 98% Dark Res, 76% Shot Res

Xbox One:

22:01 hours, Level 33, 3540 HP, 92 MP, 1808 Str, 541 Vit, 68 Mag, 213 Spirit, 99% Fire Res, 12% Ice Res, 67% Lightning Res, 70% Dark Res, 46% Shot Res

One interesting contrast between the two playthroughs is that on PS4, his attacks all knocked me on my ass (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0axc1QNtM2g), while on Xbox One I was able to power through them no problem. I'm not sure why that is (is it the neglible Vit difference? Higher HP? I'm not sure). Only thing I know is it cut the completion time of the battle in over half, if I had to guesstimate.

Edited by KarmicEcho
  • Like 1

Just finished all the DLC trophies in 36 hours. Keep repeating (retry after battle) Ifrit, if you have trouble with him, it gets easier. For the second try every companion gets ingredient, so they will stay alive longer. For my third try Ifrit didn't even trigger third phase (= no lava on the ground) and I was finally able to finish him off.

Edited by BloodyRutz

The first chocobo that I caught was LVL 50, but damn these things are hard to train. I couldn't reach level 90 for just 1 train session:(

EDIT: This has happened 3 times in a row. My chocobo had a 2% chance to get injured, he got injured, and I had to rest, while one last upgrade would have gotten me to level 90. I hate RNG.

Edited by re_panos

1 hour ago, re_panos said:

The first chocobo that I caught was LVL 50, but damn these things are hard to train. I couldn't reach level 90 for just 1 train session:(

EDIT: This has happened 3 times in a row. My chocobo had a 2% chance to get injured, he got injured, and I had to rest, while one last upgrade would have gotten me to level 90. I hate RNG.

Close the application an try again^^

• Like 1

I just upgraded the Imperial Axe with Chrome Bits (both can be found in a shop in Meldacio) to lvl 49 and it gives Meteorite, Strenght Gem, Vitality Gem. Didn't spend too much time upgrading weapons though, I just glitched the Ifrit fight with the crossbow/stairway method, because it annoyed the hell out of me. For everything else, a couple of half-assed  Dragon Whiskers have been more than enough even playing solo.

7 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

I just upgraded the Imperial Axe with Chrome Bits (both can be found in a shop in Meldacio) to lvl 49 and it gives Meteorite, Strenght Gem, Vitality Gem. Didn't spend too much time upgrading weapons though, I just glitched the Ifrit fight with the crossbow/stairway method, because it annoyed the hell out of me. For everything else, a couple of half-assed  Dragon Whiskers have been more than enough even playing solo.

That's the weapon i found most usefull too. I experimented a bit and this one was pretty good. I also got my 1st Dragon Whisker, but it's strength is 540, which is pretty good, since I can't seem to get Cid. I'll just make another, then go for a weapon that I'll spam with fire resistance and I'll try my luck.

I've finished the first DLC main story, now I need to get good weapons: I've defeated the boss with the ones you get from Gladio and Prompto, a Mace and Imperial Blades, with only Mace powered-up a little (evolved and nothing more).

I've got some questions:

1) I've bought a Corsesca (better get two?), how to improve it?

2) What leaders are useful for each area? I've only selected the one that let you buy the Yoshimitsu (missing one item for it)

3) What is a good set of weapons to have nearly no problems with every mission (I am level 24/25)? I'm struggling a lot with many missions

4) Kenny and Cid are totally RNG, right?

Edited by Dr_Stranamore