FairyCal

Will be possible to 100% FFXV?

374 posts in this topic

I take it I shouldn't bother too much with trying to get OP while still trying to complete the "base game" (since you can't even unlock chocobos etc). Just save up on good materials and use common materials to upgrade the strength of a temporary weapon (or one of those maces that can serve as a STR boost later).

 

Is Lestallum the best birthplace when going for the trophies?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Virdeborn said:

I take it I shouldn't bother too much with trying to get OP while still trying to complete the "base game" (since you can't even unlock chocobos etc). Just save up on good materials and use common materials to upgrade the strength of a temporary weapon (or one of those maces that can serve as a STR boost later).

 

Is Lestallum the best birthplace when going for the trophies?

 

Personally, I chose Altissia as my birthplace as it's good for an attacking all-rounder.  

 

Lestallum is good if you want to be more of a tank, as it has the max HP but isn't very good if you wanted to go for magic.

 

https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/6346-final-fantasy-xv-comrades-birthplaces-guide-how-your-birthplace-impacts-your-starting-stats

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Personally, I chose Altissia as my birthplace as it's good for an attacking all-rounder.  

 

Yeah, it seems the most flexible.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Virdeborn said:

I take it I shouldn't bother too much with trying to get OP while still trying to complete the "base game" (since you can't even unlock chocobos etc). Just save up on good materials and use common materials to upgrade the strength of a temporary weapon (or one of those maces that can serve as a STR boost later).

 

Is Lestallum the best birthplace when going for the trophies?

You can go for over powered weapons from the get go and just use random items to strengthen them up cause your still going to be fighting some rough enemies plus by doing it this way once u get to the second half u can break down those weapons for gems and crystals etc that will greatly help with your true op weapons like dragon whisker the gems and such act as an all in 1 power item so u need to feed the weapon less individual parts to get the same results,. Think of it as ur starter weapons u can use as a place holder for parts lol. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Virdeborn said:

I'm gonna start playing today (late, but I have time on my hands at least).

 

Is it possible to screw yourself over? Any pitfalls to avoid?

 

Do not buy the crafting boost perk from the witch if you are not ready to craft your weapons, because that perk/item is not something you can store and use it later as soon as you buy it it will start having its effect active.

I made that mistake and I ended up farming for 10-15 hours  to get the necessary stones to buy it again
 

Edited by dragonzombie1
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also buy the crafting boost with a new character, do the crafting you need to and swap to your original character

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dr_Stranamore said:

Also buy the crafting boost with a new character, do the crafting you need to and swap to your original character

 

Why?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Virdeborn said:

 

Why?

The boost goes away if you enter a mission, by keeping it on a second player who never goes on missions it maximizes the time you can use it while allowing your main character to proceed with missions without looking the boost

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

The boost goes away if you enter a mission, by keeping it on a second player who never goes on missions it maximizes the time you can use it while allowing your main character to proceed with missions without looking the boost

 

I thought the boost you bought with daily rewards was permanent? This is all so confusing xD

 

I'm a bit lost regarding which weapons to upgrade early on. I'm assuming I'll be dismantling them and upgrading others later.

 

At least I managed to get the Kenny trophy early on!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Virdeborn said:

 

I thought the boost you bought with daily rewards was permanent? This is all so confusing 

 

The things you buy are basically just letting you choose food buffs. They still last the same amount of time/go away after the next mission you do. 

 

You buy it on a new character it doesn't go away because you don't do missions, and the timer doesn't actually go down when you're in the crafting menu so if they do add more stuff and you want to do more on the standalone you'll have that crafting boost on the second character for quite a long time. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Virdeborn said:

 

I thought the boost you bought with daily rewards was permanent? This is all so confusing xD

 

I'm a bit lost regarding which weapons to upgrade early on. I'm assuming I'll be dismantling them and upgrading others later.

 

At least I managed to get the Kenny trophy early on!

The Onkiri from the Lestallum Shop is a very good weapon for early gameplay, just buy one or two. With some fire crystals from the low level bomber mission you can evolve it into the ashura wich has a pretty high damage output. If you go for the Behemoth Horn later a mace would also make sense, crushing his horn is easier with it - aim -> jump -> slash. Even without the Cid buff weapons can get pretty decent, just put anything in it which gives strength/defense. I saw a lot of people waiting with crafting for better stuff or better weapons and the Cid Buff, which is fine if you have someone to drag you through missions, otherwise it makes going through the game alone just harder because of missing strength. Two of my weapons I used when I conquered Ifrit where done early-midway just with any okayish material I've found. Later on get the Dragon Whiskers and Dancing daggers if you can from Cauthess. The latter has some nice buff, not everyone uses them but I found them incredible useful on my character even if it is limited at level 30 before you can get meteorites.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Savyna
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if i'll block the download of the next ffxv update? will i be able to play comrades solo in the future?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard of this today. I don't own the game, but I wanted to 100% it sometime in the future... So I guess I won't be able to do that now? Does the Royal edition come with the Comrades DLC (read that it can be done offline)?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

Just heard of this today. I don't own the game, but I wanted to 100% it sometime in the future... So I guess I won't be able to do that now? Does the Royal edition come with the Comrades DLC (read that it can be done offline)?

 

Yeah, it does but you need to redeem and download it ASAP if you want it on your HDD. It'll be patched out next week. I can't imagine them trying to make it impossible to disable trophies earned by people who continue to play it without updating afterwards though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

Just heard of this today. I don't own the game, but I wanted to 100% it sometime in the future... So I guess I won't be able to do that now? Does the Royal edition come with the Comrades DLC (read that it can be done offline)?

 The royal edition comes with a voucher to download all dlc released so far. the update file and the dlc is a substantial download size so I would start it as soon as possible. The update file is 28.79GB, Comrades is 7.53GB the episodes are 3-5GB each and I'm not sure about the rest. I don't have the fastest internet ever so my updates say around 8 hours currently. The internet does massively slow down around this time of night in my neighborhood though so it might not be as bad as it looks now. 

 

32 minutes ago, Virdeborn said:

 

Yeah, it does but you need to redeem and download it ASAP if you want it on your HDD. It'll be patched out next week. I can't imagine them trying to make it impossible to disable trophies earned by people who continue to play it without updating afterwards though.

I intend on turning my network capability off entirely until I finish. I've read about several people having trouble with the ps4 auto updating even with updates option turned off so I'm going the super safe route and going offgrid until I 100% FFXV.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Gage said:

You buy it on a new character it doesn't go away because you don't do missions, and the timer doesn't actually go down when you're in the crafting menu so if they do add more stuff and you want to do more on the standalone you'll have that crafting boost on the second character for quite a long time. 

 

On 2018-12-08 at 1:40 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

The boost goes away if you enter a mission, by keeping it on a second player who never goes on missions it maximizes the time you can use it while allowing your main character to proceed with missions without looking the boost

 

Seems this has been patched with the March update, that you now have to do all the crafting in one go.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Virdeborn said:

 

 

Seems this has been patched with the March update, that you now have to do all the crafting in one go.

No, what was patched was duplicating a food buff by making a new character with one active. You can still swap characters and the characters will keep their buffs as long as they never complete a mission/ don't stand around town for 20 minutes waiting out the buff timer.

 

So you can still buy the Cid buff from the potion shop with a fresh character, craft some items, and store them away for later. This way you will always have access to the buff.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here to say I got 100% only using a 20% boost on one weapon.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Virdeborn said:

 

Yeah, it does but you need to redeem and download it ASAP if you want it on your HDD. It'll be patched out next week. I can't imagine them trying to make it impossible to disable trophies earned by people who continue to play it without updating afterwards though.

 

6 hours ago, clickclick-uhoh said:

 The royal edition comes with a voucher to download all dlc released so far. the update file and the dlc is a substantial download size so I would start it as soon as possible. The update file is 28.79GB, Comrades is 7.53GB the episodes are 3-5GB each and I'm not sure about the rest. I don't have the fastest internet ever so my updates say around 8 hours currently. The internet does massively slow down around this time of night in my neighborhood though so it might not be as bad as it looks now. 

 

I intend on turning my network capability off entirely until I finish. I've read about several people having trouble with the ps4 auto updating even with updates option turned off so I'm going the super safe route and going offgrid until I 100% FFXV.  

 

Thanks for the info. So if I get the retail version of the royal edition and download all updates before the 13th December and disconnect from the internet, I should be good to go, right?

 

Also, how long does it take to finish the Comrades trophies and does being offline screw up trophy timestamps when I earn them? (I would hate it if it screws up my milestones :P)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mrzizich said:

So you can still buy the Cid buff from the potion shop with a fresh character, craft some items, and store them away for later. This way you will always have access to the buff.


Thanks for the clarification!

 

Man, this is such a slow grind. Very few people online. Was expecting to see more trophy hunters doing this at the last minute. It's fun when human players join you. If you're stuck with AI the game suddenly becomes a chore.

 

Are there any current ideal weapon upgrade guides, taking the level cap raise into account?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

Also, how long does it take to finish the Comrades trophies and does being offline screw up trophy timestamps when I earn them? (I would hate it if it screws up my milestones :P)

 

~30 hours is the average. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished the DLC. Took me 42 hours (about 20 of them went to idling and fighting with Ifrit). Definitely still doable if you have enough time to soak into this game mode.

Have to say though, it was quite enjoyable and I will be definitely looking forward to a standalone version.

 

Update: If you are planning on trying to get these trophies done offline, it might be a good idea to not only disconnect your PS4 from the internet but also change your time and date. There's always a chance that a current patch already has a time based switch in case the console is not connected to the internet. Sounds bizarre but you never know think🤔

Edited by Sydoki
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be sure! Server closure only affects 10 Comrades trophies? Does it affect anything from the base game or any DLCs?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sydoki said:

Just finished the DLC. Took me 42 hours (about 20 of them went to idling and fighting with Ifrit). Definitely still doable if you have enough time to soak into this game mode.

 

What were you stats and build when fighting him?

 

Also, can anyone but the person who originally reported it confirm that there's a glitch which makes it impossible for Ifrit to harm you if you've got exactly 99% fire resistance? :D

 

I just got my Lv. 99 Chocobo, so now I'm farming for that stupid Behemoth Tear. I should be able to get my final stones needed for the 30% buff on Wednesday morning (and the update should be live at 4:00 CET on Thursday). But I might just go for the 20% boost just to be safe since I mainly just want to beat Ifrit with ease and not spend too long doing it, if I can't cheese it.

 

5 hours ago, Sydoki said:

If you are planning on trying to get these trophies done offline, it might be a good idea to not only disconnect your PS4 from the internet but also change your time and date. There's always a chance that a current patch already has a time based switch in case the console is not connected to the internet. Sounds bizarre but you never know think

 

Better safe than sorry, but it seems unlikely. They didn't even do that with the Assassin's Festival and they had to remove that due to Ubisoft putting a time limit on it for legal reasons. Like someone mentioned earlier, there could also be a chance they'll have Sony remove the trophies from the database making it impossible to sync them although I've never heard of this actually happening.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Virdeborn said:

What were you stats and build when fighting him?

 

so now I'm farming for that stupid Behemoth Tear. I should be able to get my final stones needed for the 30% buff on Wednesday morning

 

I basically used the staircase glitch to beat him. Using this method you don't have to grind out your stats / weapons. All you need is any crossbow and as much STR as you can afford. I put a small step-by-step list in this thread, hope that helps: 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.