Will be possible to 100% FFXV?

FairyCal

42 minutes ago, DatOneSeagull said:

I’m buying the royal edition so I think it comes with all the dlc on the disc

It does not come with dlc on disk. I bought the royal edition new and sealed just a few days ago. It comes with a voucher to download all dlc. I believe they are going to de-list comrades on the 13th so download it sooner than later

@Brightblade76 ninja'ed the hell outta me. That's the first time it ever happened to me.?

Edited by clickclick-uhoh

4 hours ago, Reevys-91 said:

You can buy Curved Hollowhorns from Norduscaen Garrison, they boost strength by 25 and are more efficient than using strength gemstones. Make sure you use a strength gemstone at the end of the build though just for that extra bit of strength. With the 30% Cid boost you should get an extra 39 point of strength.

Do I have it right that you need to farm the daily mission to get the stuff needed to buy the cid boost? If so then I probably won't be able to use it as my ps is offline and I didn't see the daily mission as an option when it was offline. But if the boost is only needed for some extra points but not for the levelling and upgrading to Dragon whisker, then I guess it isn't so bad.

However the norduscean garrison is something from the second half, right? When exactly does ifrit come? I thought he was the boss of the first part of comrades and I should have the Dragon whisker before tackling the end of the first part. I'm a bit confused now 

5 hours ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Only if you buy the physical and download the dlc before they delist the dlc from the store in favour of the stand alone, I guess.

I myself have a few trophies but I'm far away from getting all online trophies. Since I don't have any time before the weekend I will see if the "stay offline" way will work. Set my ps4 to a day after I earned my last trophy in that game to make sure that there is no timed trigger in a previous patch. If I can still play it Saturday I will try to grind out the rest.

Where exactly do I get the items to efficiently level up the corsesca to Dragon whisker? Since I don't have any internet except mobile data I don't want to try to look at lots of Google links to find the right one and I can't remember if someone already said it on any of the many previous sites in this thread...

If the reason you chose that time particularly is because of trophy timestamps, you shouldn't worry. trophies are timestamped based on an internal clock that has nothing to do with your displayed system clock. You should be able to set the clock to a year ago and it shouldn't matter

Never mind. I reread what you typed and understood you're reasoning. Don't know how I missed it the first time I read it. I'm blaming lack of sleep.

Care to elaborate on what you mean by a timed trigger on a previous patch?

Edited by clickclick-uhoh

18 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Do I have it right that you need to farm the daily mission to get the stuff needed to buy the cid boost? If so then I probably won't be able to use it as my ps is offline and I didn't see the daily mission as an option when it was offline. But if the boost is only needed for some extra points but not for the levelling and upgrading to Dragon whisker, then I guess it isn't so bad.

However the norduscean garrison is something from the second half, right? When exactly does ifrit come? I thought he was the boss of the first part of comrades and I should have the Dragon whisker before tackling the end of the first part. I'm a bit confused now 

Ya, although there's a possible work around. 

You could keep using your main character and when you get the Cid boost on that (by chance), you make a 2nd character and start using that one, never going in a mission again with your first one, this way keeping the boost active forever in your 1st character. 

I say to do this because the inventory and "story" progression are shared, so your 2nd character has access to everything, only losing your character lvl (that's the only individual thing between characters, along their birthplace, that you can always choose), and with the gear from your original character, it shbe easy to lvl up a new character fast. 

Edit: also, any news on the standalone? I'm interested in it.. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

59 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Having the cid boost is wonderful but not absolutely required it just means UD need more meteorite and other parts and your weapons will be just a bit weaker but not so terrible it's impossible I never used it just made up 4 dragon whiskers as strong as possible and nailed ifrit to the wall,.  There's also a glitch with a crossbow u could try but I think it takes a long time,.  

And nope ifrit is the final boss of the second half bahamut is the 1st boss and he's not super terrible at all

With a full-strenght build, with Cid's 30% buff, (1 Dragon Whisker, 1 Honebami, 1 Dancing Dagger and 1 Kain Lance) all the missions are doable (with a few exceptions, but didn't struggle a lot), at least the ones you need for completing both DLCs (I also had the sigil that makes you dash in air).

Would suggest a little bit of vitality and magic though (for Ifrit don't forget the fire resistance, of course)... and make some money: Norduscaean Garrison is available in the second half of the game, and you have to find him in a node

I played Comrades today, after getting 100% in both DLCs, did a mission (would like to finish all missions, but some are pretty hard solo) and... Kenny appears at first try ?

Edited by Dr_Stranamore

Just a heads up, the new trophy list is full of spoilers.

As for the returning trophies, I hope those of us who make use of the save transfer won't have to create a new character and start from scratch anyway or else they won't pop for us because we're past the point where they trigger.

3 minutes ago, Spyro said:

So as long as the update isn't installed, I should still be able to do Comrades offline, right? I didn't start because I got too distracted by Red Dead Online. If not, guess it'll be an unobtainable if I start it up.

Maybe. I tried this, but I get an error when I go to the DLC menu. Something about DLC not being completely downloaded. But I had the update like half downloaded before going offline so maybe it's possible to get around this.

52 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Maybe. I tried this, but I get an error when I go to the DLC menu. Something about DLC not being completely downloaded. But I had the update like half downloaded before going offline so maybe it's possible to get around this.

Well, decided to test it out. I paused the download since it kept trying to make me after I canceled it and it said network features weren't enabled. Just ignored it and kept going.It allowed me to start up offline. So looks like it's OK as long as you don't download the patch.

Edited by Spyro

Yeah, if you don't update the game you should still be able to access Comrades in offline mode and earn trophies. But the AI is terrible and it'll be difficult to get some of the harder trophies without help.

I wonder how the save transfer is going to work in relation to trophies. I hope the repeat trophies will auto-pop for those that already obtained them in the DLC version of Comrades. Some of them were a real grind, and if you've already unlocked them then I guess my worry is that you're more or less forced to start from scratch if you want to earn them again because your current character is way past the point where they would trigger.

22 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Well, decided to test it out. I paused the download since it kept trying to make me after I canceled it and it said network features weren't enabled. Just ignored it and kept going.It allowed me to start up offline. So looks like it's OK as long as you don't download the patch.

Yeah, I think my issues was that I didn't have the DLC itself installed anymore. Oops. I finished it and whole back, so I was just testing it out.

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Speaking of real grind, someone who I know who already has the update on the PC version said you can now buy Behemoth Tears in the Standalone version of Comrades...

Really Square Enix? Fucking really?????? Goddamit lol

Edited by Griffon234