FairyCal

Will be possible to 100% FFXV?

373 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sellers said:

Good luck to those attempting this completely offline, a few of the urgent quests are tough and much more difficult, namely the one with the giant flan and mutant deathclaw, the AI bots are completely useless there lol

 

At least the KW grind is far less with the March update, you'll get a lot more through natural progression.

 

Well I thought I'll try it offline first and when I'm stuck because of the difficulty I'll look for help online (to play it with other people instead of the A.I.).

I heard that you can do most of the things alone except for a few very hard quests?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, anotherfangirl said:

 

Well I thought I'll try it offline first and when I'm stuck because of the difficulty I'll look for help online (to play it with other people instead of the A.I.).

I heard that you can do most of the things alone except for a few very hard quests?

 

Yeah more or less as that's how I did it, I did most of it last december when there was still somewhat of a playerbase, but even with an OP character you'll struggle on that urgent quest I referred to, not impossible with the AI but considerably more difficult.

 

Btw everyone should go with Dragon Whisker stacked with double Penetrator X, the most OP weapon available I believe.

 

Oh one more thing, kenny is very RNG and rarely shows up, but he is almost always guaranteed to appear if you play the daily mission without picking up ingredients along with other players, finishing a mission with AI results in them always picking up ingredients, which reduces the chance of him appearing.

Edited by Sellers
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sellers said:

At least the KW grind is far less with the March update, you'll get a lot more through natural progression.

Especially seeing as you can buy 500k kW for 222k gill :D

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 1:10 AM, Sellers said:

Good luck to those attempting this completely offline, a few of the urgent quests are tough and much more difficult, namely the one with the giant flan and mutant deathclaw, the AI bots are completely useless there lol

 

At least the KW grind is far less with the March update, you'll get a lot more through natural progression.

But when you finish the story of the Comrades dlc and beat de final boss the rest of thing to do like farm wk, the other trophies inside the march update do you really need a hyper weapon with massive dmg? Currently I’m level 10 with an Onikiri evolution (I don’t remmeber the name right now) with 240 dmg and I did the robot quest which recommend be a level around 30 - 33 and with IA. Of course it was a problem and the AI are useless, but actually they can health you very fast.

Edited by AlchemistWer
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 10:51 AM, AlchemistWer said:

Well just almost 1 month to try to get the online trophies, anybody who did it in offline mode how much time you need to get every trophy?

Took me about 30 hours, personally.

30 hours I'm never getting back. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

But when you finish the story of the Comrades dlc and beat de final boss the rest of thing to do like farm wk, the other trophies inside the march update do you really need a hyper weapon with massive dmg? Currently I’m level 10 with an Onikiri evolution (I don’t remmeber the name right now) with 240 dmg and I did the robot quest which recommend be a level around 30 - 33 and with IA. Of course it was a problem and the AI are useless, but actually they can health you very fast.

 

You don't but it will help immensely and it's what I recommend. Bear in mind the urgent quests in the update, especially the one I mentioned are far beyond anything in the base game. I'd also recommend the Rampage sigil for those for the increased defence and HP, as well as the very nice war strike combos.

Edited by Sellers
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the message mean, that comardes won't work in JAPAN from 13th of December or in every country?

Is it possible it will be available a bit longer in the other regions?

I wanted to 100% all 5 versions of the game, and already bought all of them month ago.

 

yesterday I managed to get close to the end of the story with a team in about 20h (yes I played 16h yesterday ^^"), so only 4 trophies are missing (chocobo, 1 mio KW, story end and 13 sigils)

And I really hope I will manage to do the same 4 more times. But I still really hope we get more time or they put the  DLC trophies out of the maingame and into the stand alone list  :(

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone post his stats (STR and VIT) when he defeated Ifrit?

Also did you use the 30% weapon buff when making your final 4 weapons?

 

I'm currently level 27 with 950 str and 650 vit, and i started the hunt for the last 6 sigils.Just want to calculate how much i should grind

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sellers said:

 

You don't but it will help immensely and it's what I recommend. Bear in mind the urgent quests in the update, especially the one I mentioned are far beyond anything in the base game. I'd also recommend the Rampage sigil for those for the increased defence and HP, as well as the very nice war strike combos.

So in your opinion, what should I do if I just want earn the trophies the dlc has and nothing more? I mean the minimum level or weapon should have to beat the dlc main story etc.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlchemistWer said:

So in your opinion, what should I do if I just want earn the trophies the dlc has and nothing more? I mean the minimum level or weapon should have to beat the dlc main story etc.

Level isn't that important, the weapons you use are.

 

Imo get a weapon/shield that can give you 100% fire resistance for Ifrit, and then use dragon whiskers upgraded with plenty of attack and defence, stacked with the Penetrator X ability, that's what I role as.

 

2 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Can anyone post his stats (STR and VIT) when he defeated Ifrit?

Also did you use the 30% weapon buff when making your final 4 weapons?

 

I'm currently level 27 with 950 str and 650 vit, and i started the hunt for the last 6 sigils.Just want to calculate how much i should grind

 

 

Good starting point, I believe I was around 1000 Attack and Defence was around 1400 as I used the rampage Sigil. I am higher than that now, my character has dragon whiskers on more than 1 slot.

 

And yes I forgot about the buffs, play the daily mission every day and buy the 30% crafting bonus from the witch in lestallum when you go to craft your ideal weapons.

Edited by Sellers
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sellers said:

Level isn't that important, the weapons you use are.

 

Imo get a weapon/shield that can give you 100% fire resistance for Ifrit, and then use dragon whiskers upgraded with plenty of attack and defence, stacked with the Penetrator X ability, that's what I role as.

 

Agreed on the levels and need for weapon. There is a safe and "easy" method when you use Rampage Sigil, so you keep Warp Striking over and over until you need to get your energy back, warp to a warpspot, then warp strike again over and over until the end. AI will die, let them.

 

This vid, has the basic idea, I haven't checked the whole one, has spoilers thought.

 

 

Edited by Morfea
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Morfea said:

 

Agreed on the levels and need for weapon. There is a safe and "easy" method when you use Rampage Sigil, so you keep Warp Striking over and over until you need to get your energy back, warp to a warpspot, then warp strike again over and over until the end. AI will die, let them.

 

This vid, has the basic idea, I haven't checked the whole one, has spoilers thought.

 

 

Yep that's the strat I used, warp strike then all creation (kamehameha lol) when it's available. Even better at 100% fire resistance as the fireballs don't damage you at all, you just have to take your time and not be too greedy or he'll punish you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't own the Royal Pack, there should be no problem for me right? It's only for the Comrades trophies the problem 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Sellers said:

 

 

And yes I forgot about the buffs, play the daily mission every day and buy the 30% crafting bonus from the witch in lestallum when you go to craft your ideal weapons.

 

Just to add to this, you can create a new avatar when you buy the crafting bonus and as long as you don't take them out on missions (or idle in the game too much) you can keep that bonus on a second character for quite a while.

 

As you can freely switch between avatars and weapons are shared between all avatars, it's a great way to keep that crafting skill.  

 

You can also get the 30% crafting buff from the meal at the end of the missions, although I've not encountered it yet.  Apparently the best way to farm for the buff is to play The Malevolent Malboro quest as you can pick up some 10* items on the field.

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: Is no one curious about the wording in the photo that's been cited numerous times? (Apologies if someone has, too busy atm to read thread in entirety)

 

It clearly lists Japan as affected by the imminent change.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

 

Just to add to this, you can create a new avatar when you buy the crafting bonus and as long as you don't take them out on missions (or idle in the game too much) you can keep that bonus on a second character for quite a while.

 

As you can freely switch between avatars and weapons are shared between all avatars, it's a great way to keep that crafting skill.  

 

You can also get the 30% crafting buff from the meal at the end of the missions, although I've not encountered it yet.  Apparently the best way to farm for the buff is to play The Malevolent Malboro quest as you can pick up some 10* items on the field.

 

 

 

It's patched, after 1 hour the buff vanishes. The only way now is to play 6 days straight the daily mission and make sure you have all materials before you buy.

The bad thing is i can't store more than 99 laser sensors

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sephiroth4424 said:

It's patched, after 1 hour the buff vanishes. The only way now is to play 6 days straight the daily mission and make sure you have all materials before you buy.

The bad thing is i can't store more than 99 laser sensors

 

The meal buff is patched, but the buff you buy with the shards isn't, at least according to the people on the Final Fantasy XV Discord.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mesopithecus said:

 

The meal buff is patched, but the buff you buy with the shards isn't, at least according to the people on the Final Fantasy XV Discord.  

Care to test :lol:

I'm 3 days away my first chance to buy it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sephiroth4424 said:

Care to test :lol:

I'm 3 days away my first chance to buy it

 

I would test it out, but I'm still a few days away myself.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This dlc is worse than I thought. Just a "smashing O festival" with no tactics behind or else. The weapon you use does the difference in a fight.

 

Btw some tips for players like me that didn't play the main game:

 

-Always put 4 weapons in your actual inventory to sum-up the character stats

 

-Press and hold R1 to aim at an enemy, while doing that, press R3 to lock the enemy. At that point you can release holding R1

 

and

 

Quote

Get an Onikiri to start with. Very large attack power for early game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okj8VR1kvNM&t=236s&ab_channel=LemonEatingKow

Work on grinding KW to get to Meldacio Hunter HQ, then find the refugees to escort there - you'll unlock an Imperial Merchant who sells Chrome Bits (+2 STR and VIT per material). (if you elect a leader there, be sure to elect one that opens a trading post for later, as he sells one of the best katanas!)

Get a bunch of those Chrome Bits and load up some weapons with them to vastly improve your strength and survivability for the midgame.

Make sure when upgrading your weapons at Cid's bench to look for the little "upgrade bars" underneath each stat. Fill out those bars before the weapon maxes out, and the weapon will reforge and gain a higher max level, allowing you to put more materials into them. If a weapon reaches its max reforge (i.e. the bars disappear), just fill it with whatever stat you want to pump (such as Chrome Bits for midgame STR+VIT).

 

Next go for a Honebami: https://www.gamepur.com/guide/28026-unlock-level-99-honebami-katana-ffxv-comrades.html

Grind the quest "Ghost in the Machine" and break the various parts of the mech to have a chance to get Laser Sensors. They reduce MAG and SPI, but provide a large amount of STR and VIT for relatively low EXP. The reduced MAG won't matter much as you can heal by taking cover or hanging at a warp point, and the reduced SPI won't matter much if you create elemental resistance weapons for missions that have elemental attacks.

Once you have a good Honebami filled with as many Laser Sensors as you can stand grinding (or just Chrome Bits), go for a Corsesca and upgrade it to a Dragon Whisker. You can trade for a Corsesca at Cauthess outpost.

 

Once the Corscesca has become a Dragon Whisker, save some Behemoth Tears (rare break from a Behemoth, by breaking the head, in the quest "Double Deadeyes" - will have to grind for it for a bit). The Behemoth Tears will grant the ability Penetrator X, which allows the Dragon Whisker to ignore defense. Dragon Whisker comes with its own passive Penetrator X, as well, which stacks with the effect from Behemoth Tears doubling the defense ignore - this makes the Dragon Whisker pretty much the best weapon in the game for most purposes.

Once you have a basic Dragon Whisker (even w/o the Behemoth Tears upgrade) you should be strong enough to unlock the Sigil of the Tall (by beating the Jabberwock mission), then use the power from that to beat the first story boss at Galdin (complete the main missions until you can go to Galdin, then beat the boss there).

At this point, you just need to grind Laser Sensors (if you want a balance of STR+VIT) and craft more Whiskers/Honebamis with them, or buy Curved Hollowhorns from Norduscaen Garrison (once you've unlocked it) if you want pure STR. You'll get one-hit by everything if you go pure Hollowhorn, but you'll probably be two- or three-hit if you go Laser Sensor: up to you if it's worthwhile.

For the final boss rematches (the lv. 99 ones), you just swap to Sigil of the Warrior for Spoiler and to Sigil of the Rogue for Spoiler. May take some practice, but still doable with just bots.

Practice w/ Sigil of the Rogue for the Norduscaen bonus boss Angelus, as well. You'll have to warp away every time he uses his anti-air cannon (by letting go of lock-on, pushing away from the boss, and hitting warp), then just warp in when you see openings and hammer him. Takes about 3 minutes when done right, but will likely require about an hour of practice on this method to get it figured out. (don't hit the legs, though, when using this method: too much damage resistance on them)

Source: solo'd all the above bonus bosses w/o the Cid 30% crafting buff (did use some 20%, however). Research on this Reddit if you need more tips!

Look up guides (such as the Comrades guide on the right of the Reddit page!) for more info on crafting materials and where to find them. If you're having trouble, just grind more materials - character level doesn't matter too much.

Laser Sensors really are still the best material for pure attack+defense, and as long as you build backup weapons for each elemental resist (such as one Honebami w/100% Fire Resist, one w/ 100% Ice Resist - or Dragon Whiskers), you'll be ready for any mission that has those elements by just swapping in the resistance weapons into one slot when at camp for that mission.

You don't need elemental resistances unless you're going into missions where those elements are used, so don't waste that space on elemental resistance: pump more STR+VIT!

Few more tips:

You can get the Cid crafting buff when Cid cooks for you. It'll likely be just 20%, but that's more than enough to significantly boost your power output. Once you get said buff, create a different character - as long as you don't use the character who has the Cid crafting buff, you can swap back to that character for any Crafting Table uses, in order to boost the effectiveness of materials you use.

You can do the daily quest "Infernal Invaders" to earn shards and unlock the 30% buff from Kimiya (the witch over in the corner of Lestallum). Get that on a character and swap away from that character to keep the buff ready for any time you want to upgrade your stuff. I still haven't gotten that 30% buff, to be honest, but it's very handy given how useful the 20% buff has been!

Join this Reddit's Discord and ask for help in Comrades missions if you need it. I've yet to ask for help there and I've solo'd all the Comrades bosses (even the lv. 99 rematches), but that's probably not how this game's meant to be played

 

 

and to my newcomers italian friends

 

 

Edited by X_Wizi_X
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Can anyone post his stats (STR and VIT) when he defeated Ifrit?

Also did you use the 30% weapon buff when making your final 4 weapons?

 

I'm currently level 27 with 950 str and 650 vit, and i started the hunt for the last 6 sigils.Just want to calculate how much i should grind

 

 

Level 60, 2400 STR and about 400 VIT. Three katana (I forgot their name) and the Dragon-something spear as my main weapon with the Sigil that improves aerial fighting and 100% resistance on all elements. I didn't use the weapon buff though. Warp-strike, combo, warp away again and again.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Can anyone post his stats (STR and VIT) when he defeated Ifrit?

Also did you use the 30% weapon buff when making your final 4 weapons?

 

I'm currently level 27 with 950 str and 650 vit, and i started the hunt for the last 6 sigils.Just want to calculate how much i should grind

 

 

I was level 51 when I defeated Ifrit. I only used the weapon buff with one Dragon Whisker. The shield was for elemental defense and the fight took around 20 minutes.

Spoiler

46115159_1219050574903029_74669686632166

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you stuck playing predominantly with AI (like me!!!!), leveling actually makes a HUGE difference with your AI crew for hunt-type quests.
Reason being is that your AI players are typically +/- 3 levels from your level, and leveling is the only way the AI gets better stats.
I was getting absolutely wrecked by two of the high-level hunt quests (Lvl 80 The Grotesque Griffon and Lvl 90 The Malignant Mictlantecihuatl) while I was at approximately Level 50... came back at Level 55 (with a bit of a weapon grind as well) and none of the AI even had to use their food item to revive themselves. I was amazed!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

For those of you stuck playing predominantly with AI (like me!!!!), leveling actually makes a HUGE difference with your AI crew for hunt-type quests.
Reason being is that your AI players are typically +/- 3 levels from your level, and leveling is the only way the AI gets better stats.
I was getting absolutely wrecked by two of the high-level hunt quests (Lvl 80 The Grotesque Griffon and Lvl 90 The Malignant Mictlantecihuatl) while I was at approximately Level 50... came back at Level 55 (with a bit of a weapon grind as well) and none of the AI even had to use their food item to revive themselves. I was amazed!

Which weapon are you using? I'm now with the Honebami and the different was big with my IA team as well now that I have more dmg.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found something interesting. Collected 2 Bahamut Horns in 3 run

 

Quote

This is only for beginner stuff. After you beat the Galdin Quay boss, you get access to remodeling and more cool stuff so this is just to help you get there. Cid buff is not needed for this strategy. It's so easy and quick it's not even fun.

  • Step one: Buy 3 Kite Shields from Lestallum (no prerequisites for this other than 500 gil a piece).

  • Step two: Start the future departure quest.

  • Step three: When you get the the Mindflayers (squid-like mage that drop Octolegs on break), kill them, but leave the Nidus alone.

  • Step four: Wait for the Mindflayers to respawn, kill them, leave the Nidus alone.

  • Step five: Repeat until you get 6 of those (for some reason breaks don't drop anything after 6 but please share if you can get more).

  • Step six: Finish the quest and repeat the process 'til you get 63 Octolegs (you'll want to farm that quest anyway for Befouled blades, laser sensors, behemoth horns, wicked claws, and tainted club so it's like killing 6 birds in one stone).

  • Step seven: Feed the octolegs to the Kite shields until they transform into the Black Prince (21 needed per shield minimum).

  • Step eight: Find any weapon that fits your playstyle and stack whatever to fill the evolve requirements and the main offensive stat you want. Use the Laser Sensors and Behemoth Horns you already have for STR/VIT build and Wicked Claws for MAG (it also gives you Blizzaga).

*If you want to go the mage route, the quest also drops the Tainted Club, which evolves into Thor Hammer with Thundaga on it. For flames you can also put a Grenade Fragment from the Lv3 Hunter Hideaway Camp on one of the shields for Fire spell or a Gem of Disorder from Lv23 Secret Experiment quest for Fira (Firaga is not until after you beat the first part of the game).

  • Step nine: Top off your shields with whatever you have left matching the stats you want.

As early as step 7 you should have a minimum of about 180 STR, 300 VIT and SPI just from the Octolegs alone, plus 1500HP bonus from the shields themselves!!! Won't even include your native stats or Sigil. That will ensure you won't die in Galdin Quay or from anything that precedes it. Then with step 8 and 9 regardless of which weapon you choose as your main, you should have more than enough attack/magic to deal with anything in a reasonable amount of time.

If you want to talk about optimizing, finding the best attacking weapon, what mats to use on there, how to best finish off the shields for the last 20 levels, the skills you can use on those, etc that's fine, but it wont really be necessary for this portion of the game. No need to worry about efficiency until you have access to remodeling and Cid's 30% buff anyway since that will make you want to redo your weapons anyway.

If you don't have access to departure yet, just put whatever item you get as you go on whatever weapons, it'll be good enough to get you to the point where you unlock the departure quest, which is pretty early anyways.

EDIT: Good news people, I tested the build again just to make sure. With 2 black princes that stayed at lv 50 instead of maxing at 70, 1 power shield (the level before the black prince cause I didn't have all the octolegs and got lazy and/or wanted to prove my point, so my HP bonus was lower) and one of the javelins from Lestallum up to level 40 only and yeah, it worked. Was on a lv 1 character too with the lowest MP so every warpstrike and every cure depleted my mp. Oh, and no sigil either. If you just play the game normally, you'll get a lot better than a lv 40 javelin and if you max out all shields to lv 70, put any sigil, it should be a piece of cake.

 

Quote

Departure quest as Prompto is super easy for this farming method. Use your grenade to make the mindflayers go vulnerable then spam F to crackshot them and get your octolegs. When you get to the Behemoth at the end, don't run up to it, stay wayyyyy back and shoot it with your SMG, doing between 1-30 damage per shot because you're so far away. You'll be behind an invisible wall that the behemoth can't get past. Just launch rockets at its face to break off that behemoth horn and finish him off. You'll take no damage (unless he can get a lucky blizzard spell launched at you).

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.