FairyCal

Will be possible to 100% FFXV?

373 posts in this topic

Just now, AlchemistWer said:

Which weapon are you using? I'm now with the Honebami and the different was big with my IA team as well now that I have more dmg.

I'm slowly building up my weapons... the end goal is to have a dragon whisker with 2x Penetrator X on it (trying to get a behemoth tear) as my main, 2 golden axes with massive strength stats (by increasing their level capacity with meteorites), and then probably a honebami as well. May also need to get the Lohengrins so that I can cast Diaga; I have two quests left that suck with AI (Lvl 70 A Familiar Fright and Lvl 80 Out of the Darkness) and the only tactics I saw that weren't entirely luck based for A Familiar Fright used Diaga as its main method.

1 minute ago, eigen-space said:

I'm slowly building up my weapons... the end goal is to have a dragon whisker with 2x Penetrator X on it (trying to get a behemoth tear) as my main, 2 golden axes with massive strength stats (by increasing their level capacity with meteorites), and then probably a honebami as well. May also need to get the Lohengrins so that I can cast Diaga; I have two quests left that suck with AI (Lvl 70 A Familiar Fright and Lvl 80 Out of the Darkness) and the only tactics I saw that weren't entirely luck based for A Familiar Fright used Diaga as its main method.

Wow but you already did almost all online dlc without the dragon whisker? well, at least it's a good news. 😅 I'm working in the Dragon whisker as well but it need a lot of preparation.

1 minute ago, AlchemistWer said:

Wow but you already did almost all online dlc without the dragon whisker? well, at least it's a good news. 😅 I'm working in the Dragon whisker as well but it need a lot of preparation.

Ashamed to say it, but the AI and I had comparable stats up until these last couple missions which actually necessitated better weapon builds xD

Just now, eigen-space said:

Ashamed to say it, but the AI and I had comparable stats up until these last couple missions which actually necessitated better weapon builds xD

Ashamed? of course no, congratulation! haha. 😄

I finished it in 35 hours. I didn't use the weapon's buff or farm the best materials for my weapons.

Spoiler

DXKwbCs.jpg

I don't want to sound like a broken record but i'll ask once more. Can i play the rest of the game plus dlcs at my own (slow) pace?

I've already seen some spoilers by playing Comrades first

Edited by sephiroth4424

If I build the dragon whiskers with a lot of laser sensors, does the negative magic and spirit stats effect my character or does it not count below zero?

In two days I should be able to get the Cid Buff and hopefully have more or less all materials ready, but the negative stats is something I've been wondering about. I looked up build guides but no one adressed that.

Edited by Savyna

2 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I finished it in 35 hours. I didn't use the weapon's buff or farm the best materials for my weapons.

Reveal hidden contents

DXKwbCs.jpg

I don't want to sound like a broken record but i'll ask once more. Can i play the rest of the game plus dlcs at my own (slow) pace?

Hey I finished also the main quest of the comrades dlc but I need to do the other "boss" battle and the 4 quest with Noctis, Gladious etc... How did you create the Dragon Whiskery? I beat 

Spoiler

Bahamut

With the Honemabi katana with around 490 of dmg in tottal.

(Noob question, never played a ff game in my life)

Gentlemen, could anyone comment whether there is any benefit using 2 ps4s for this DLC? Can I have a second character follow me around and just do nothing? Using it as an extra bank by dropping items I dont need? Maybe in this game there are unique quest rewards? Can I get credit/item drops etc no matter how far away the idle character is from my main account? Thanks in advance.

30 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Hey I finished also the main quest of the comrades dlc but I need to do the other "boss" battle and the 4 quest with Noctis, Gladious etc... How did you create the Dragon Whiskery? I beat 

Hide contents

Bahamut

With the Honemabi katana with around 490 of dmg in tottal.

I bought the Corsesca from Cauthess Depot (south of the map) and i used this excel to evolve it. I threw the best materials i had on me by the time  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BEGmEHH5TlnlZhSRLx1ToZzijeLm7--jB_QafNSSBCk/edit#gid=2045954063

41 minutes ago, cardionic said:

(Noob question, never played a ff game in my life)

Gentlemen, could anyone comment whether there is any benefit using 2 ps4s for this DLC? Can I have a second character follow me around and just do nothing? Using it as an extra bank by dropping items I dont need? Maybe in this game there are unique quest rewards? Can I get credit/item drops etc no matter how far away the idle character is from my main account? Thanks in advance.

No, you gain nothing.Unless your second ps4 is used by  a real person.AI may not be useful but they are still better from idle characters.You have limitless inventory, items just cap at 99 

5 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

No, you gain nothing.Unless your second ps4 is used by  a real person.AI may not be useful but they are still better from idle characters.You have limitless inventory, items just cap at 99 

Thank you!

So to recap:

1. Both dlc comrades are not free?

2. If I buy Royal edition, will the save from vanila work?

3. Both dlc Comrades can be completed solo offline if I don't install patches? - meaning no worries for the trophies after 13th of December?

44 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

So to recap:

1. Both dlc comrades are not free?

2. If I buy Royal edition, will the save from vanila work?

3. Both dlc Comrades can be completed solo offline if I don't install patches? - meaning no worries for the trophies after 13th of December?

The DLC is included in the seasonpass or can be purchased alone, the march update is free if you own comrades, this is not a DLC to buy.

It won't be possible because they said the DLCs won't be accessable from the maingame anymore. Even if you don't install the patches it is possible that the game won't work anymore. Too many IFs and MAYBES and all, I wouldn't wait until 13th... But there is still hope it will only  be the 13th for the japanese version and the other versions may have more time.

The Missions in solo are possible but will take way more time and patience bc KI is crap.

Really, I played 4 hours alone and couldn't get anywhere. I played another 4h with a team and we almost got to the end of the map in no time.

March update quests for the 13 sigils are according to most players impossible alone, and still hard with a team.

I bought the Corsesca from Cauthess Depot (south of the map) and i used this excel to evolve it. I threw the best materials i had on me by the time  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BEGmEHH5TlnlZhSRLx1ToZzijeLm7--jB_QafNSSBCk/edit#gid=2045954063

I see, some guide explain about use some materials really hard to get like the dragon horn or 40 laserpoint or something like that, since I just want beat the dlc I’m looking just for a nice weapon to finish it. Does the level actually matter? Currently my level is 22.

6 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

I see, some guide explain about use some materials really hard to get like the dragon horn or 40 laserpoint or something like that, since I just want beat the dlc I’m looking just for a nice weapon to finish it. Does the level actually matter? Currently my level is 22.

I don't believe it matters, i think stats come 99% from the 4 weapons (except hp, mp).

I didn't use any Dragon Horns or Laser Sensors although i have 4 DH and 22 LS. I was saving them for the time i would buy the 30% buff.

But it wasn't needed, the final fight took around 20 minutes.Obviously it will take less time with better stats.

For my Corsesca, i think i used Octolegs which give 3 str, 5 vit, 5 spi for 900 xp

Edited by sephiroth4424

11 hours ago, X_Wizi_X said:

Found something interesting. Collected 2 Bahamut Horns in 3 run

This looks promising. Will try it later tonight, since only now I managed to get the first level 10 Urgent quest done and progress is too slow. I clearly need to work on upgrading/reforging my weapons and exploiting the high-end drops on the Departure quest seems a very logical way to go.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

1 hour ago, AlchemistWer said:

So this is what I used to craft my weapons. It relies on getting gems, shards, and meteorites, which you get by dismantling fully-built weapons rather than farming very specific materials:

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=998061

Use the spreadsheet mentioned previously mentioned to find the best way to get the necessary stats to level up your weapons into their final forms (actually getting the dragon whisker is a pain).

And, yes, levels do matter. You can do all your regular quests with real people online, but when it comes to the final sigil battle, you are stuck with AI. The higher your level, the higher their level. Despite that your stats are determined more by your weapons, the AI's stats are determined by level. If you want them alive for more than 2 minutes during that final battle, you'll want to be level 50-60. The AI will mostly serve as decoys, but that's still damage you're not taking.

7 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Reveal hidden contents

DXKwbCs.jpg

Comrades should be the only one that's affected. You'll probably want to play the rest of the DLCs after finishing the game. You'll find that the main game has some plot holes and that the DLC fills in some of the missing information. Definitely has spoilers.

Edited by eigen-space

8 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Reveal hidden contents

DXKwbCs.jpg

Yes, you can. Comrades is the only thing that requires an internet connection AFAIK. I would be really surprised if anything else is also affected in December.

I finished the DLC in about 40 hours (including 2+ hours of being idle in various locations). As long as you have the proper gear, you can breeze through most of the missions. The only thing that will take a while is getting the restaurant owner guy to cook for you, the Departure quest and getting some rare drops for weapons/crafting.

That being said, I have some tips after my experience with this mode. Firstly, get all four of your weapons to lvl 120 in order to add additional stats to them. You will need meteorites for this. An easy way (provided you have some gil to spend) to get them is buying Chrome Bit and Reflex Enhancer from Hunters HQ and pump as many as possible into a regular weapon, like the Mace. Then, all you have to do is dismantle the weapon, rinse and repeat (you get some shards and gemstones as well). Another great tip is that if you don't want to grind quests for kW for that gold trophy, you can actually buy meteorshards from Navyth, the fisherman from the main game (he is the guy in my ss). You can find him at Old Lestallum (you have to descend some stairs at the far end of the outpost). Lastly, I found Roboresurrection, Ghost in the Machine and The Gormandizing Zu (that's for late game) to be very good missions to farm kW, gil and EXP.

My setup looked like this:

Spoiler

LOZCIgw.jpg

I think any descent weapon will do wonders at lvl 120 with proper stats, but most people believe that Honebami katana and Dragon Whisker polearm are two of the best weapons in the game for a DPS build. I also got lucky with the Departure quest and the boss dropped the Lohengrins but you can use other daggers as well. I used the fourth weapon slot for a "stat" weapon to pump some resistances and additional STR/VIT. I used a spare Whisker but you can use any other weapon (a shield perhaps or a mace/axe). I also found double Penetrator X to be a good ability setup for the Whisker (although you may have a hard time getting the drop from the behemoth. For STR/VIT stats, I used shards, gemstones and some items (like the one that gives +25 STR) you can buy from the norduscaen garrison outpost (you have to find the refugees and elect the guy with the trading post) and the Zu Beak drops from the aforementioned mission. I also used some Laser Sensors and other rare drops like dragon horns etc but I think ultimately it was kinda of time waste. For the resistances, I used some decent items and shards/gemstones.

TLDR; with a dps build, just gear up and level up your weapons to 120, focus on upgrading STR, VIT and the resistances, use the Aura sigil and wreak havoc. For the final boss of the dlc, you can use the Rampage sigil instead for maximum cheesiness (wrap strike with a polearm, go to a point wrap to recover MP, rinse and repeat). 😄

Edited by Deadsh0tdoubleG

I don't believe it matters, i think stats come 99% from the 4 weapons (except hp, mp).

I didn't use any Dragon Horns or Laser Sensors although i have 4 DH and 22 LS. I was saving them for the time i would buy the 30% buff.

But it wasn't needed, the final fight took around 20 minutes.Obviously it will take less time with better stats.

For my Corsesca, i think i used Octolegs which give 3 str, 5 vit, 5 spi for 900 xp

When you say four weapon, you mean it's necessary have 4 weapon around level 90 - 120 on the charcater even if only usea one?

Edited by AlchemistWer

8 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

When you say four weapon, you mean it's necessary have 4 weapon around level 90 - 120 on the charcater even if only usea one?

Yes! The stats from all weapons are combined except for the "Attack" and their individual skills :)

2 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Yes! The stats from all weapons are combined except for the "Attack" and their individual skills :)

Oh, I see good to know, I'm with the previous link you posted I can already have the Dragon whiskery if I want, but still I need material to improve more dmg on that thing.

Ok-- just got the last sigil and am done with both Comrades packs.

Here are two tips for "end game" that I don't think anyone mentions anywhere:

1) You don't actually need to complete all the red/Urgent quests so long as they aren't blocking your way to a sigil. There may still be a minimum number of routes you need to unlock, but you don't need all of them, so if you're crunched for time and having trouble with some that don't lead to a sigil, put it off until later. I still had one left undone (LVL 70 - A Familiar Fright -- pretty much impossible with just AI).
2) A lot of people seem to be using warp points + The Rouge's Sigil (with Aerial Ace) for the final sigil battle. If you are more of a DPS kind of player, I'd highly suggest trying out The Fierce's Sigil; if you combo attacks to fill up your "armiger gauge", you get to release a HUGE damage attack called "All Creation". I've put a video in the spoiler below which shows you how it works. I had about half as much strength as the person in the video... fight took me about 10 minutes after dying repeatedly trying to use the Rouge's Sigil method.

Spoiler

Edited by eigen-space

4 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Ok-- just got the last sigil and am done with both Comrades packs.

Here are two tips for "end game" that I don't think anyone mentions anywhere:

1) You don't actually need to complete all the red/Urgent quests so long as they aren't blocking your way to a sigil. There may still be a minimum number of routes you need to unlock, but you don't need all of them, so if you're crunched for time and having trouble with some that don't lead to a sigil, put it off until later. I still had one left undone (LVL 70 - A Familiar Fright -- pretty much impossible with just AI).
2) A lot of people seem to be using warp points + The Rouge's Sigil (with Aerial Ace) for the final sigil battle. If you are more of a DPS kind of player, I'd highly suggest trying out The Fierce's Sigil; if you combo attacks to fill up your "armiger gauge", you get to release a HUGE damage attack called "All Creation". I've put a video in the spoiler below which shows you how it works. I had about half as much strength as the person in the video... fight took me about 10 minutes after dying repeatedly trying to use the Rouge's Sigil method.

Reveal hidden contents

This is the only reason why i'm still farming materials to combine with the 30% buff potion. I'll create killer build with 3 Dragon Whiskers (main with two penetrator x) and 1 Dancing Dagger and annihilate that goddamn Deathclaw

Just now, sephiroth4424 said:

This is the only reason why i'm still farming materials to combine with the 30% buff potion. I'll create killer build with 3 Dragon Whiskers (main with two penetrator x) and 1 Dancing Dagger and annihilate that goddamn Deathclaw

I can barely make it through the flan and bombs to even get him to appear, let alone have my hut withstand more than 30 seconds of giant flan + deathclaw onslaught 😭

You guys are using some guide to walk you through the missions / crafting? I've never played the online portion of this game, and reading the posts on this thread im completely lost.