Will be possible to 100% FFXV?

FairyCal

20 minutes ago, Airboom4849 said:

So you can do all trophies offline?

Yup. I had no internet connection this morning and was able to play anyway. So as long as you don't update the game you should be safe. I have a spare ps4 offline on which I'm going to install the comrades dlc and then disconnect it until I have the trophies for it.

7 minutes ago, Milkyray said:

Yup. I had no internet connection this morning and was able to play anyway. So as long as you don't update the game you should be safe. I have a spare ps4 offline on which I'm going to install the comrades dlc and then disconnect it until I have the trophies for it.

cool thanks just one more thing will I still get the comrades dlc in the seasons pass or will they take that out and can you still do the march update trophies without updating it?

I think it will be taken out. People who already own the comrades DLC through the season pass will get the comrades game for free, but I don't think the old one will still be available for purchase after the update. So get it while you can I guess...

2 hours ago, Milkyray said:

So, i just finished the first three trophies of the  comrades dlc 100% offline with just AI. Thus, if you don't update automatically,  you will be able to solo all of it offline, even after december 12th. Just wanted to clear this up for everyone wondering... if anyone else wants to play along:  look me up. No blank friend requests please.

That is what I'm actually doing atm. Playing solo mode and completely offline since when I started the dlc.

And about gamestyle: as I previously said, I changed my character and built a black mage character. Yesterday I literally destroyed Zu in that lev 99 mission and I was a lev 43.

I took the long road because I wasted a lot of time going behind obsolete guides and stuff like that. 91 hours till now, but at least I'd like to enjoy the stuff I paid for lol.

For weapons builds I took a look at this weapons set

Edited by X_Wizi_X
  • Like 2

Guys. The Left Behind DLC of The Last of Us comes both as a standalone version and as an addition to the main game. Yet both versions unlock the same DLC trophies that are part of the main game's trophy list.

Uncharted 4 & Uncharted: Lost Legacy both allow access to the same online content, and whichever you play you will always unlock the online trophies of Uncharted 4.

I think the doomsaying is unwarranted, it's reasonable to expect they wouldn't go through the trouble of adding a new trophy list, or, even if they do, go to such lengths as patching out the ability to play it offline in the main game.

10 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

Guys. The Left Behind DLC of The Last of Us comes both as a standalone version and as an addition to the main game. Yet both versions unlock the same DLC trophies that are part of the main game's trophy list.

Uncharted 4 & Uncharted: Lost Legacy both allow access to the same online content, and whichever you play you will always unlock the online trophies of Uncharted 4.

I think the doomsaying is unwarranted, it's reasonable to expect they wouldn't go through the trouble of adding a new trophy list, or, even if they do, go to such lengths as patching out the ability to play it offline in the main game.

Then why would they say that the trophies would be unobtainable in their press conference? It's not doomsaying if said doom was mentioned in an official statement by the creators, wouldn't you agree?

Only your photos will be available in the old version of the game. No gameplay anymore, either online or offline. So it will actually be patched out according to the presentation they held.

Edited by Milkyray
Additional info
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Milkyray said:

Then why would they say that the trophies would be unobtainable in their press conference? It's not doomsaying if said doom was mentioned in an official statement by the creators, wouldn't you agree?

Only your photos will be available in the old version of the game. No gameplay anymore, either online or offline. So it will actually be patched out according to the presentation they held.

For the same reason the official channels said that Saints Row 4 "Saintified" trophy would be unobtainable after the online services shut down. Or that changing your PSN name would delete all of your purchases, set your console on fire and kill your uncle. These people are PR personnel. They don't have all of the answers and will often come up with something on the spot rather than admit they don't know. Setting the expectations low is the action deemed least likely to backfire in the future.

1 hour ago, X_Wizi_X said:

And about gamestyle: as I previously said, I changed my character and built a black mage character. Yesterday I literally destroyed Zu in that lev 99 mission and I was a lev 43.

I always wondered how a mage setup would work with this game. It seemed a bit infeasible to me because of the low amount of MP you get and the high MP cost of most good spells.

I'll have to see if I can find game play footage of a mage build now as it sounds interesting to watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NamoPh said:

For the same reason the official channels said that Saints Row 4 "Saintified" trophy would be unobtainable after the online services shut down. Or that changing your PSN name would delete all of your purchases, set your console on fire and kill your uncle. These people are PR personnel. They don't have all of the answers and will often come up with something on the spot rather than admit they don't know. Setting the expectations low is the action deemed least likely to backfire in the future.

Saintified was unobtainable after the servers went down (note: the servers did not go down until a while after they had announced, but they did eventually go down). But it turns out someone found a way to trick the game into thinking the servers where online, combined with there being a bug in the game where it doesn't verify the server it connected to was actually the Saints Row server.

1 hour ago, NamoPh said:

Saintified for PS3 is unobtainable, the ps4 version had a different description and a different unlock requirement altogether. But I don't want to debate semantics. Just pointing out that the Comrades DLC works just fine offline. If that means I'm doomsday preaching; so be it. 

On 11/8/2018 at 3:39 AM, FairyCal said:

Sooo... Since stream, in which they cancelled 3/4 of announced dlcs and said that comrades will become basically standalone multiplayer game... anyone know what about trophies? It's sad what happened, I suppose no one predicted this and I wanted to play Commrades expansion in later date (since I already own dlcs), but now...

I think MOST people predicted something like this. Square handled FFXV VERY POORLY, and to be honest KH3 is the last straw for me. I already don't buy anything EA or Rockstar anymore and if Square does to Kingdom Hearts, what they did to FFXV, im done with Square sadly :(.

I barely understood FFXV and i was never emotionally invested into the game.... the story was crap. Why? Because i didn't watch that movie, play that mobile game, read that comic, play that DLC, read/watch/play anything else other than FFXV on PS4. Square tried milking and also "nickle and diming" FFXV and right when it was about to start costing them money, they cancel.

1 hour ago, eigen-space said:

I always wondered how a mage setup would work with this game. It seemed a bit infeasible to me because of the low amount of MP you get and the high MP cost of most good spells.

I'll have to see if I can find game play footage of a mage build now as it sounds interesting to watch.

The first avatar I created had Lestellum as birthplace, a good place where HP and MP are balanced, and due that, not the best choice for a mage class.

Then I created a new avatar and I gave him Insomnia as birthplace. I farmed up levels with the previous gears and I levelled up pretty fast, letting AI as healers.

I usually like less frenetic games and that's why I gave a chance to a mage class. When you find the right weapons you'll be absolutely Over Powered.

I finally found the Befouled Blades from 10 years later mission (19 tries) and the Cactuar Nectar that gives you Immune.

Diaga is the best mage spell on the game.

I followed these videos for mage class

And this is Diaga ability in action (from 5.26). A truly Everything-Slaughter. 9999 x 7-8

Edited by X_Wizi_X
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

@X_Wizi_X I see you are enjoy Comrades. 1f605.png 

Now yes bro. Now that I found "my" class, yes ?

Mage class is for people like me: you see 1 enemy, you fight 1 enemy. You see a bunch of enemies, you kill them all together in 2 hits (Blizzaga I love you). Lol

Jokes apart, I'm farming materials through 4-5 high levels since 2 days to try to max my stats but maybe I should try to fight Ifrit and see what happens.

And speaking about farming, Anamana gave me a big mental boost to do it despite loading times. Bandit's Blades from Chocobo Arena and Blizzaga as spell.

Minute 1.22

Edited by X_Wizi_X

11 minutes ago, X_Wizi_X said:

Now yes bro. Now that I found "my" class, yes 1f602.png

Mage class is for people like me: you see 1 enemy, you fight 1 enemy. You see a bunch of enemies, you kill them all together in 2 hits (Blizzaga I love you). Lol

Jokes apart, I'm farming materials through 4-5 high levels since 2 days to try to max my stats but maybe I should try to fight Ifrit and see what happens.

Of course, remember (and I don't want discourage you) but when the server closed all of us will have another sigle-player dlc. Of course unlti december 13 you have more than 3 week but in your joruney to unlock Ifrit's house you must do a quest that is a little bit hard (a level 80 quest) 

Edited by AlchemistWer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AlchemistWer said:

Of course, remember (and I don't want discourage you) but when the server closed all of us will have a sigle-player more dlc. Of course unlti december 13 you have more than 3 week but in your joruney to unlock Ifrit's house you must do a quest that is a little bit hard (a level 80 quest) 

Ok thanks! So it's better I unlock last 3 sigils and try

8 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Do it! I used this method when fought with Ifrit, if you have a problem later.

Hide contents

Thanks for the video mate, but I think I will have some issue to replicate it because I focused almost my stats on MAG, VIT and SPT.

I know Ifrit has a one shot kill like Yojimbo and for that I bought the Immortal Aegis from Cauthless that has DeathProof as passive ability. I also have Immune (still don't know if it contains Deathproof on it), plus all 5 RES 100%.

Have to try bro ;)

Edited by X_Wizi_X

1 minute ago, X_Wizi_X said:

Thanks for the video mate, but I think I will have some issue to replicate it because I focused almost my stats on MAG, VIT ans SPT.

I know Ifrit has a one shot kill like Yojimbo and for that I bought the Immortal Aegis from Cauthless that has DeathProof as passive ability. I also have Immune (still don't know if it contains Deathproof on it), plus all 5 RES 100%.

Have to try bro ;)

Yeah I know, since you now have a mage you should looking for another method to fight with Ifrit, hope you do it fast and without a problem (:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, X_Wizi_X said:

Thanks for the video mate, but I think I will have some issue to replicate it because I focused almost my stats on MAG, VIT and SPT.

Have to try bro ;)

It's funny how you went from,

Ahhh i can't find my item f*ck this dlc!

To

Having a blast and actually enjoying playing the game.

That's quite refreshing to read!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SanhRim said:

It's funny how you went from,

Ahhh i can't find my item f*ck this dlc!

To

Having a blast and actually enjoying playing the game.

That's quite refreshing to read!

Yep pal, it's exactly in that way. First I found myself keeping smash O and rolling among enemies. I didn' t understand what I was doing. Then I found out a "peacefull" class and music changed, in better.

Edited by X_Wizi_X

So, I don't have any particular insights to offer that haven't already been shared in this thread or in the guides available, but I did want to say:

Playing this solo was not as daunting as I had read.

From everything I've read, I figured I was signing up for somewhere in the realm of 40-50 hours for completion (so upwards of 100 hours to complete on PS4 & Xbox One). Fortunately, I had a much easier time than anticipated and was able to finish everything solo, save for the Kenny appearance, in 32 hours. This includes an hour or two of idle time, 2 wasted hours trying to get Kenny solo (after completing all other trophies), and a quite non-optimal build for Ifrit. While he was literally unable to kill me, which was great, I know now to make sure I do more damage on the next go-round as I had to plink at him for a long time. ?

Stats prior to wasting time on Kenny grinding:

30:09 hours played, Level 33, 3181 HP, 125 MP, 1205 Strength, 500 Vitality, 128 Magic, 261 Spirit, 99% Fire Resistance, 44% Ice Resistance, 80% Lightning Resistance, 98% Dark Resistance, 76% Shot Resistance

So yeah, just wanted to chime in and confirm that there's plenty of time to finish even if you guys haven't started yet. If you don't obtain the Kenny trophy by the end of all the others, just find a pick-up party and knock it out in like 5 minutes in the Daily Quest, as grinding for it solo was a waste of time no matter what methods I tried that I saw online.

Finished it just in time for my Royal Edition for Xbox One to show up tomorrow. Time to do it all again...

28 minutes ago, KarmicEcho said:

So, I don't have any particular insights to offer that haven't already been shared in this thread or in the guides available, but I did want to say:

Playing this solo was not as daunting as I had read.

Do you mind sharing your setup, and your progress farming itens? I'm still confused about it and I'm underpower because of that.