Will be possible to 100% FFXV?

FairyCal

On 11/18/2018 at 0:08 PM, Airboom4849 said:

ok is anyone else seeing you can no longer get the trophies after December 13 in japan?!?! it doesn't say the us or any other countries besides japan but if it is true they better take the mp trophies list off of the main game

Again, Tabata said Dec. 13 for Japan, Dec. 15 for the rest of the world.

I dont think you can take dlc trophie lists of games and even if i doubt they'd care enough to do it.

Also it would piss off the people who already got the trophies.

On 11/18/2018 at 10:28 AM, AlchemistWer said:

True, but at the same time if they move the dlc to a stand alone game what may happen with the trophy list? if it became unobtainable I don't think they could create another trophy list again just for people who want earn trophies.

Why not? I'm pretty certain the stand alone game get's it's on own trophy list, very rarely do you see game releases without trophies. It's usually required by sony from what i understand, with a few exceptions.

Not updating the game like @Milkyray said would probably work, but make sure you have the game and dlc installed before that date. You wont be able to do it after the deadline without installing the latest update!

As for completion time, took me around 22 hours, though i got my chocobo quickly and also had help from my stream chat.

Edited by Sundr0wn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sundr0wn said:

Why not? I'm pretty certain the stand alone game get's it's on own trophy list, very rarely do you see game releases without trophies. It's usually required by sony from what i understand, with a few exceptions.

What I mean is if after the server closed SE will do something about trophies in Comrades dlc like create a patch or something like that for people who want get the 100% of FFXV. I hope it happen because after so many DLC and trophies let FFXV become a game with unobtainable trophies is a disrespect.

Edited by AlchemistWer

1 hour ago, BloodyRutz said:

Could you please also PM me your setup? Thank you.

Yeah, I invited you to the conversation.

Before I get too many requests, it's a long-winded explanation of "I did the bare minimum" and "the Ifrit fight took *forever*" and "don't do what I did" in an overly verbose fashion, haha.

There are far better builds and pieces of advice given in this thread already, trust me. About the only great thing I had going for my build was that my resistances (99% Fire, 44% Ice, 80% Lightning, 98% Dark, 76% Shot) made it so that Ifrit couldn't kill me. No exaggeration, I even went afk twice while fighting him, no problems whatsoever. My damage output, however, was a joke in the end -- his first two phases got taken down quick, but once he lights on fire, I did jack for damage (950/hit max) and that's with the Aura buff. I wish I timed it, it took that long that I kind of wanted to laugh at myself later. Absolutely go into that battle with much higher offense than the stats I listed; that's what I plan to do when playing through it again on Xbox One.

Cautionary tale, in a way.

I just wanted to confirm to people that it's do-able, even with rushing through solo, doing the bare minimum of leveling or prep/crafting. It's not as daunting as it seems. :)

Edited by KarmicEcho
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KarmicEcho said:

Yeah, I invited you to the conversation.

Before I get too many requests, it's a long-winded explanation of "I did the bare minimum" and "the Ifrit fight took *forever*" and "don't do what I did" in an overly verbose fashion, haha.

There are far better builds and pieces of advice given in this thread already, trust me. About the only great thing I had going for my build was that my resistances (99% Fire, 44% Ice, 80% Lightning, 98% Dark, 76% Shot) made it so that Ifrit couldn't kill me. No exaggeration, I even went afk twice while fighting him, no problems whatsoever. My damage output, however, was a joke in the end -- his first two phases got taken down quick, but once he lights on fire, I did jack for damage (950/hit max) and that's with the Aura buff. I wish I timed it, it took that long that I kind of wanted to laugh at myself later. Absolutely go into that battle with much higher offense than the stats I listed; that's what I plan to do when playing through it again on Xbox One.

Cautionary tale, in a way.

I just wanted to confirm to people that it's do-able, even with rushing through solo, doing the bare minimum of leveling or prep/crafting. It's not as daunting as it seems. :)

Thank you!

12 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

What I mean is if after the server closed SE will do something about trophies in Comrades dlc like create a patch or something like that for people who want get the 100% of FFXV. I hope it happen because after so many DLC and trophies let FFXV become a game with unobtainable trophies is a disrespect.

I wouldn't count on getting the trophies after the next patch. But then again, miracles happen... 

20 hours ago, kraven_15 said:

A little heads up for people who are worried about not being strong enough or not getting the right item drops... if you save your gil you can buy +25 strength items for 2100gil at extra item shop in the second half of the game.

By using these, a +30% crafting perk (bought from the witch), 8 meteorites (obtained through dismantling) the tall sigil, 3 x level 1 yoshimitsus and a half levelled corsesca, I went from a 350 strength to 4900 strength!

From this point, the rest of the DLC became very easy. You lose health very quickly, but the AI revives you straight away so you can go back to your hack-a-thon.

At level 36, I walked through all the compulsory battles with next to no strategy.

Ifrit needed a little bit of dodging but even he fell after two attempts.

And then by the time you reach the end, you can buy watts from the fisherman and finish off your 999k trophy. There's still a lot of time to get all this done.

Which shop sells the +25 str items? Thanks!

12 minutes ago, crusher_1220 said:

Which shop sells the +25 str items? Thanks!

I believe they are talking about curved hollow horns and you get them from Norduscaen Garrison trading post.

The trading post only appears there once you have gathered the refugees and selected the item shop one as the leader.  If you select the leader who gives you gil, then you will have lost access to that trading post.

• Like 4

And now it's done.

8jx0OPO.jpg

107 hours in total: 50 wasted for the first "warrior" experimental avatar, more or less 10 hours being idle while searching guides and stuff, the rest for a mage and powerful avatar.

Final weapons: Lohengrins, Vitanova and 2 Wizard Shields equipped as main weapons, Thor's hammer and 2 more Wizard shield with Firaga and DeathProof as backup. 100% RES on everything, 1384 on VIT and 3.576 on MAG. More than 1.100.000 of total damage on Zu mission. A beast.

Ifrit fight, once maxed out the weapons, has been a 6 mins of "magic melee" fight. No rampage, no jumps, no stuff. Curaga when hurted, Diaga when attacking.

However I don't advice to build a mage class if you want to play just for the trophies. It takes a long way to farm the very rare drop of Lohengrins Blades and max all weapons stats.

But, if wanna try, I share the weapons-builds. Credits to Araya Laat Wahsar

Lohengrins : 1 Cactuar Nectar, 2 Jormungand, 1 Wicked Wing, 3 Gigantoad, 14 Ancient cloth, 6 Gigantoad, 2 Meteorite, 68 Gigantoad, 1 Goblin cap, 1 Magic gemstone

Wizard shield [Firaga,Thundaga,Blizzaga] : 2 Jormungand, 1 Wicked, 1 BlueSkyserpent, 5 Tattered, 18 Gigantoad, 2 Meteorite, 68 Gigantoad, 1 Magic gemstone

Vitanova : 8 Naga necklace, 8 Naga necklace, 1 Divine Whisker, 5 Meteorite, 5 LargeDreadvern, 48 Gigantoad, 1 Goblin cap, 1 Magic gemstone

Edited by X_Wizi_X
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

Very unlikely. Devs dont really care about achievements and achievement hunters. And again, it has been stated by the director they wont be obtainable anymore, so it's a 99% for that to be the way it goes. Even more so considering the game director already left the company and the team is working on a new project.

Tell me one game that ever did that when it's servers closed.

Unobtainable is unobtainable, if you missed the deadline well tuff luck.

People who want to get 100% have to do so before the deadline.

2 hours ago, Ren said:

Just got 100% on Comrades, 57 hours total for me. The loading screens definitely take a lot of time while going for these trophies!

The loading screens are fucking bullshit, 4 per mission?! And that's if you directly depart with AI and without counting the two times you're at camp where it's also loading stuff in the background.

So up to 7 per mission, which usually take between 2-3 minutes to do and sometimes less than 30 seconds.

I really dont understand how they ever thought that was okay. Out of an hour of playtime you spend about 20 minutes actually playing the game ?

No other game made me want to upgrade to an SSD as bad as this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sundr0wn said:

Very unlikely. Devs dont really care about achievements and achievement hunters. And again, it has been stated by the director they wont be obtainable anymore, so it's a 99% for that to be the way it goes. Even more so considering the game director already left the company and the team is working on a new project.

Tell me one game that ever did that when it's servers closed.

Unobtainable is unobtainable, if you missed the deadline well tuff luck.

People who want to get 100% have to do so before the deadline.

I know and it’s a shame, for that reason online dlc with trophies are a pain, however Comrades no need a lot of grind or time in order to get the 100% of the DLC, but again, people yet have time to do it. 

• Like 1

Definitely still doable by the deadline, I ended up finishing both DLCs at 33 hours total. Some tips for those going through it now,

You really don't need a completely ridiculous character with best-stat weapons to complete the game. I'd recommend making a Dragon Whisker as a main one to use and the other 3 don't matter. I used Imperial Axes which can be bought because they don't need any specific stat to upgrade to their next model. By the time you reach closer to end game, upgrade the max level of the weapons and just dump all your highest strength mats into them should be enough for your character's damage output. I was level 42 when I fought the final boss and the fight was over in a couple of minutes.

If you need to farm missions, farm ones that will give decent mats and KW. I recommend Double Deadeyes. Target the last Behemoth's face and you'll get a good stock of Behemoth Incisors (+25str) which you can use for your final equip crafting.

As for chocobo leveling, as soon as you get one at lvl 50 with the "This bird roosts at the top of the pecking order!" description, you're good to go. Just quit the game if bad rng screws you, as the game doesn't save until you exit the leveling screen.

As for the Kenny achievement, don't waste hours farming earlier missions for him. What I posted in another thread:

By the time I finished every other trophy for Comrades I still hadn't gotten Kenny.

What I recommend is trying the Daily mission a few times a day during busy periods and trying for the full human team, and if that's still no good, just make a new character and equip them with gear from your original character. Take them to a mission where the A.I will probably die and once they've used their ingredient, you should be all good.

I ended up getting Kenny luckily through the Daily mission, but I got it on a friend's account by using that second method and using the Baleful Bandersnatch mission. Good luck!

Anyways don't stress too much guys. still a few weeks to go and that's still plenty of time. Definitely a boring grind though.

• Like 2

I've just installed the game, I'm planning on doing everything offline, I imagine that playing offline won't affect the ability to earn trophies and should be possible to earn them even after the shutdown of the online portion, provided one has installed Comrades while it's available. Since I don't plan on syncing until I'll be done, if for some reason I will not be able to earn the trophies anymore after the deadline, I'll just delete and recreate my profile, cause I don't want to screw up my 100% profile. Problem solved.

Edited by Brightblade76

So, I myself have a quick question regarding farming. Probably a rather stupid question at that but anyway...

At the end of a mission, you get a list with every material you ended up with during the mission. Do I get everything that's on this list or do I chose just one material that I obtain and everything else gets lost?

Somehow I'm not sure how to answer this question myself ingame as I already have a lot of materials and making a list beforehand is quite a chore if maybe someone here could just answer with a simple yes or no

89L321760.png

Blessed by All 
Collected all the Royal Sigils.
40-bronze.png

Thanks for all the tips in this thread, finally i was able to complete this (painfully dead) DLC. Took me +40 hours, but i beat Ifrit at first try.

Still can´t complete that family fright mission, but i don't care anymore, i had enough, thanks.

On 15/11/2018 at 6:40 PM, AlchemistWer said:

You can get STR gem and DEF gem each with +30 with this method: buy a mace (the first one) in Lestallum, after using Chrome Bits that you buy from the Imperial Trader, keep upgrade your mace until each stat of it (the arm and fit) reach the level 60, also you will need meteorite, so if you reach the mace until level 60 you can get 1 STR and DEF gem and 1 meteorite. After you have the gem of STR put in on the Dragon whisker and also use 2 or 3 meteorite on it to reach the level 120. 

This was really useful, thanks dude!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabiansc83 said:

89L321760.png

Blessed by All 
Collected all the Royal Sigils.
40-bronze.png

Thanks for all the tips in this thread, finally i was able to complete this (painfully dead) DLC. Took me +40 hours, but i beat Ifrit at first try.

Still can´t complete that family fright mission, but i don't care anymore, i had enough, thanks.

This was really useful, thanks dude!

Good to know it! (:

• Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 1:14 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

Can anyone post his stats (STR and VIT) when he defeated Ifrit?

Also did you use the 30% weapon buff when making your final 4 weapons?

I'm currently level 27 with 950 str and 650 vit, and i started the hunt for the last 6 sigils.Just want to calculate how much i should grind

1160 STR and 570 VIT together with the Rampage Sigil did the trick for me. However, I strongly recommend a weapon with 100% fire resistance-  you won't survive the fight without one.

The build I ended up with is far from perfect but it can carry you through the entire game (solo,with ai) quite easily:

Dragon Whisker (with double penetrator X)

Dancing Daggers (pump all your flame,ice,storm and dark shards into it and then mats to increase STR ,like Curved Hollowhorns)

Clarity Shield to use as a stat buffer- again, I added a bunch of Hollowhorns for more STR

Any mace, which I recommend stuffing with Vitality Shards and/or Vitality Gemstones 

If it's any help, I managed to get all trophies in about 33 hours and without any substantial grinding. 

Edited by Aggyro93
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 10:48 AM, KarmicEcho said:

About the only great thing I had going for my build was that my resistances (99% Fire, 44% Ice, 80% Lightning, 98% Dark, 76% Shot) made it so that Ifrit couldn't kill me. No exaggeration, I even went afk twice while fighting him, no problems whatsoever.

How is that possible? I had every resistance at 100% and he could still kill me. Also, as far as i understand the game, only fire resistance should matter for this fight anyways, right?

So if I understand everything, it will still be possible to have 100% for this game even if online is down ? It will just be harder, right ?

I'm waiting for a promotion I just got the standard edition of the game... 25€ for DLC is too much, I'm waiting...

32 minutes ago, Rodow_ said:

So if I understand everything, it will still be possible to have 100% for this game even if online is down ? It will just be harder, right ?

I'm waiting for a promotion I just got the standard edition of the game... 25€ for DLC is too much, I'm waiting...

You will NOT be able to purchase the comrades DLC as it will be delisted for the new standalone version. People who own the old DLC get that one for free. You can't get these trophies with the new version according to the press conference. So you'll need to buy it and install (and update!) BEFORE the 13th of december. After that do not update as the game will not offer the function to play online. Hope this helps.

Edited by Milkyray
  • Like 1