Master hunter challenge 7

Alex_R-13

You have to use bait to lure and kill a predator and herbivore consecutively. 

How are you supposed to do this challenge? I looked up guides on youtube and did it like said. I placed a bait, killed a predator and then a herbivore. Tried it many times with reloading saves and sometimes I got 1/2 completion and something nothing. Then when I have 1/2 I place another bait, kill another predator but don't get 2/2 by that. Killing a herbivore after that doesn't work. Also, after I got 1/2 and I try to do it a second time my progression gets reset to 0/2.

Can someone expain me how to do it?

• Like 1

Has to be one herbivore and one predator cant be the same, they also have to eat it, u get plenty fo time after the first one

28 minutes ago, Alex_R-13 said:

You have to use bait to lure and kill a predator and herbivore consecutively. 

How are you supposed to do this challenge? I looked up guides on youtube and did it like said. I placed a bait, killed a predator and then a herbivore. Tried it many times with reloading saves and sometimes I got 1/2 completion and something nothing. Then when I have 1/2 I place another bait, kill another predator but don't get 2/2 by that. Killing a herbivore after that doesn't work. Also, after I got 1/2 and I try to do it a second time my progression gets reset to 0/2.

Can someone expain me how to do it?

11 minutes ago, Marshy_v3 said:

Has to be one herbivore and one predator cant be the same, they also have to eat it, u get plenty fo time after the first one

You mean that the lures are different? Yes I did that but it keeps deleting my progress once I kill the herbivore. Been trying for over 2 hours now :/

6 minutes ago, Alex_R-13 said:

You mean that the lures are different? Yes I did that but it keeps deleting my progress once I kill the herbivore. Been trying for over 2 hours now :/

Yes you cant use the same bait, Use 1x Herbivore bait and 1x predator. You have to kill one predator and one herbivore.

9 hours ago, Marshy_v3 said:

they also have to eat it

They just need to react to it. If they turned the head and started moving in the direction of the bait you can shoot.  And it's highly recommended to start with a predator. I completed the challenge on deers and coyotes to the east of Valentine.

Just did this challenge east of Valentine like you said.

Placed predator bait in the grass, moved away and killed a coyote during day.

Then moved on close to the deers, placed a herbivore bait and it instantly started moving towards me. I let it eat then killed it.

All took 5mins

I placed both the herbivore and predator bait relatively close to one another and then masked myself with the animal lotion. After that got up on some rocks and shot a bull elk or whatever it's called when it started eating the bait. After that, without moving from where I was, I shot a fox that was attracted by the predator bait.