legacy pack

steel6burgh

According to IO Interactive's website:

[Editors Note: Please be aware that you will not be able to redeem the Legacy Pack until HITMAN 2 has released in your country and for your platform. Please read this Countdown to Launch blog post for details on the HITMAN 2 release times. Thanks!]

When I went to the Countdown to Launch blog post, it said:

On PS4 and Xbox One, HITMAN 2 will have a ‘rolling midnight’ launch. That means the game will be available to play whenever it is midnight in your country. For anyone who has purchased the Gold Edition or Collector’s Edition, that will be on November 9th.

From what I can tell, the legacy pack should be available with early access because the game has technically launched in your country and for your platform on November 9th. They may add the legacy pack to the store on the 9th.

However, take it with a grain of salt. They may not count early access as the official launch (although it technically is) so there is a possibility that it won't release until Tuesday. Based on the information on their website, I would assume that it should be available the same day you get your hands on the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SeaDragon777 said:

Its not available... the first elusive target is going to bebefore we can unlock our best weapons...

i logged into hitman one and the legacy pack was listed there and it said not yet available.  that was several hours ago.  then I started it up before launching hitman 2 and the servers for 1 were down for maintenance.  so maybe it will be available soon.  I really wanted to do it 1st so i'm hoping so anyway.

37 minutes ago, SeaDragon777 said:

Under maintenance? Are you playing the new maps? Im playing the training mission of H1 and i dont have any problem with the server. Maybe they will release legacy after they release the basic edition of the game.

yes i was playing hitman 1 it couldn't connect because server was under maintenance.  had to play offline.

14 minutes ago, SeaDragon777 said:

You are not going to believe me! Must to be a mistake i wanna think that, i own Hitman 1 full version plus Game of the year and its telling me now that i have to pay $20 to own legacy pack ! Damn i thought they said we are gonna have it for free 

The instructions said to launch hitman 1 and go to the store from there.  Is that what you did?  My problem is that all night since 11:00pm central time, Hitman 1 says it's down for maintenance.  So I can't access the store from hitman 1 since it won't let me go online.  i'm quite sure this is a trick to try and get us to purchase the legacy pack for 20.00.  So timely of them to do maintenance when everyone is trying to access hitman 1 to get the legacy pack.  

Edited by steel6burgh

launch hitman 2 and in the menu on the right it says GOTY legacy pack and the icon switches back and forth from that and patch notes.  Click on the GOTY legacy pack and it will ask you to redeem legacy pack.  Click on that and it tells you you can buy it or launch hitman 1 and click on legacy pack in h1 menu and access store from there to get it free.  Are you able to get on the H1 servers?

Holy shit i just got on it's free if you do as i said and log onto h1 and then go to store.

on another note check the challenges for nigh call.  They require you to do all the classic challenges on all the h1 maps on master difficulty.  that is going to be a massive grind.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

launch hitman 2 and in the menu on the right it says GOTY legacy pack and the icon switches back and forth from that and patch notes.  Click on the GOTY legacy pack and it will ask you to redeem legacy pack.  Click on that and it tells you you can buy it or launch hitman 1 and click on legacy pack in h1 menu and access store from there to get it free.  Are you able to get on the H1 servers?

Holy shit i just got on it's free if you do as i said and log onto h1 and then go to store.

You are right ! You just need to download the new version of Hitman 1 then load Hitman 2 and it will ask you to login your User Account. After that you will unlock one outfit and briefcase... the quit then exit the game and load Hitman one (after the new version 1.36 is done) and you go to the store an redeem the game... you are right thanks for the info you saved me $20 xD

- Last Question... can we erase Hitman 1 now?

Edited by SeaDragon777

13 minutes ago, SeaDragon777 said:

You are right ! You just need to download the new version of Hitman 1 then load Hitman 2 and it will ask you to login your User Account. After that you will unlock one outfit and briefcase... the quit then exit the game and load Hitman one (after the new version 1.36 is done) and you go to the store an redeem the game... you are right thanks for the info you saved me $20 xD

- Last Question... can we erase Hitman 1 now?

I don't know the answer to that.

You put in your hitman 1 disc - or download the digital copy. Can be the prelude only if you have Digital I imagine. 

Then you boot up hitman 1 after all the patches are installed. 

In the menu, pick the legacy option and it will take you to a secret download on psn and download the legacy pack for free - each mission is its own dlc download

Once set to download, you can delete hitman 1 and just continue with hitman 2. 

Once youve done this - redownlosing of the packs is as simple as pressing down on the PS4 dash and going to the last option to view your licences - you can download them all there - or in-game from hitman 2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turniplord said:

You put in your hitman 1 disc - or download the digital copy. Can be the prelude only if you have Digital I imagine. 

Then you boot up hitman 1 after all the patches are installed. 

In the menu, pick the legacy option and it will take you to a secret download on psn and download the legacy pack for free - each mission is its own dlc download

Once set to download, you can delete hitman 1 and just continue with hitman 2. 

Once youve done this - redownlosing of the packs is as simple as pressing down on the PS4 dash and going to the last option to view your licences - you can download them all there - or in-game from hitman 2

Perfect. Thanks

4 hours ago, kierkegaaard said:

i've downloaded the legacy pack but i can't see how im supposed to launch those maps.

When i start Hitman 1, it says that even if i dont have Hitman 2, i have access to legacy + Hitman 2 prologue.

Any idea ?

Can we get the legacy trophies without Hitman 2 ?

Uhhhh...

You play the Legacy stuff inside Hitman 2, it seems very weird that it'd say you can play legacy through Hitman 1 (prologue too but they might have added it for people to try as a kind of demo, I dunno).

Can you provide us with a screenshot? You might be misinterpreting something.

Here is the message when i click on legacy pack in hitman 1.

We would like to give you the option to redeem hitman legacy pack as a thank you for playing hitman. Blablabla. You willbe directed tothe ps store where you can redeem and download the hitman legacy pack. If you do not own hitman 2, the legacy pack will include the free hitman 2 prologue.

From what i read on IO FAQ , we will get some kind of an hitman 2 launcher on tuesday when the game will be available for everyone, not just gold buyers

Edited by kierkegaaard

23 minutes ago, kierkegaaard said:

Here is the message when i click on legacy pack in hitman 1.

From what i read on IO FAQ , we will get some kind of an hitman 2 launcher on tuesday when the game will be available for everyone, not just gold buyers

Would be cool, that could show people how the new game looks and feels. So that could mean, that if you don't have Hitman 2 (yet) you can indeed open the main menu of Hitman 2 and replay all of Hitman 1 as well as trying out the prologue.

Seems very generous of them, I think. Doing the prologue as a demo (how many high profile games on PS4 still bother with a demo?) but also allowing access to the Legacy levels even if you don't actually have the second game yet.