Any reccomendations of games that you can get the plat after you finish the game in free roam?

iGGTheEnd

Something similar to Nioh, Spiderman, Dragon quest?  Where I don't have to worry about looking at a trophy list or looking out for missables?  I like to just playthrough the game and then go for the plat after without having to do another playthrough.  Any suggestions?

I believe the new God of War for the PS4 has no missables, you can go back through the open-world and collect everything and achieve the platinum after finishing the main story. Plus, I've heard nothing but great reviews, so that's something I would recommend if you're looking for a game like that.

Edit: I see it's on your profile but you don't have the platinum yet. inFamous Second Son appears to be another game (although I see it on your profile, you've only earned one trophy). Far Cry 3 is a game I've been looking into recently, and that game appears to have no missables. I see you have Far Cry 5; if you enjoyed that one, definitely try Far Cry 3 as I've heard it's the best game in the series. Also, Dying Light appears to be the same.

Just browsing through the most popular games list on the site should be able to give you lots of great ideas. Personally, I've only seen a little bit of each of these games, but they look really fun and all contain an open-world that can be cleaned up for the platinum after completing the main story. Just glancing through a trophy list/trophy guide should give you a good idea. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide which games you'd like to play, but there's a few suggestions to start you off.

Edited by ResoluteRock
  • Like 3

Some games I scanned from my own list.

Crash Bandicoot trilogy 

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom pain (big grind though)

Sonic Mania (no platinum but fun game)

All telltale games(though wolf among us requires some extra work)

Shadow of the Colossus(ps4)

God of War (2018)

and as mentioned most ubisoft games (assassins creed/far cry in my experience)

59 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

and as mentioned most ubisoft games (assassins creed/far cry in my experience)

Agreed

I've just got the plat for Far Cry Primal and in the progress of doing AC: Syndicate.  There's no multiplayer or online trophies involved in either of these games.

Games like Spiderman (like you mentioned) and Horizon Zero Dawn definitely spring to mind. 

Assassins Creed and Far Cry definitely fall into this list.

If I'm correct... both Middle Earth games are open to platinum even after beating the main story, however it's a grind for both. 

Edited by OneSkillPoint

-Atelier Sophie

-Ni No Kuni 2

-Yomawari: Night Alone (pretty sure... can't remember anything being missable here)

-Earthlock (the game does have a "point of no return" though before the final boss)

-Final Fantasy XII (though there have been reports of buggy trophies, but you're fine if you save before those trophies are supposed to pop-- also has a "point of no return")

-World of Final Fantasy

• 1 month later...

Prototype 2. The trophies are pretty straightforward and can be earned in free roam if you miss anything. I will give a heads up you have to beat the game on hard mode in a second playthrough (I say second because your progress will carry over to the new playthrough making it much easier) in order to get the platinum, but if I can do it you can do it too. There's some frustrating parts but just take your time with it and you'll be good. 

By extension I can only assume the first prototype is the same way, but I haven't looked into the trophies for that game.