Dragon-Archon

Guide of the Year Awards 2018

49 posts in this topic

No category for VR games :'(. Well.. Let's finish that Persistence guide Hehe! It's nice that more players are earning some money/gift cards instead of 1 player who earns the jackpot. 
@Smzthy we can do this shizzle .

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We wanted it to where there can be more winners this year for more things and have ways of recognizing more things in particular, and this can also make nominations more fun too! Hope everyone enjoys Guide of the Year Awards this year! :) 

 

9 minutes ago, knoef_NL said:

No category for VR games :'(. 

 

We really thought about this one too, but ultimately wanted to focus on 7 this year and see if we can pull it off before deciding to expand to more :P 

 

Edited by BlindMango
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exciting stuff! Good luck to all my fellow guide writers. Should be fun to see what all happens

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dragon-Archon Do other countries even have Thanksgiving? I was under the impression that it's more of a U.S. thing...

 

Also, I'm also always ready for a good pat on the back! I wish everyone realized that they are winners.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@Dragon-Archon Do other countries even have Thanksgiving? I was under the impression that it's more of a U.S. thing...

 

Also, I'm also always ready for a good pat on the back! I wish everyone realized that they are winners.

 

Yeah I found that interesting he typed that too, especially since Dragon is from the Netherlands :P 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A question: Could there be any category for Japanese guides? A prize award for guide writers who write guide for Japanese/Korean/Chinese version?

 

Just a thought I had, since there is lot of helpful Japanese guides in the site that I'm pretty sure many people have found helpful.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

 

Yeah I found that interesting he typed that too, especially since Dragon is from the Netherlands :P 

 

Apparently, Thanksgiving is observed in the Netherlands by the orthodox Protestant church on the first Wednesday in November, but it doesn't look like it's a public holiday and not really celebrated with feasts and parades etc. like it is here in the US.

 

I know that Canada also celebrate Thanksgiving but I think that was around mid-October

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

 

Yeah I found that interesting he typed that too, especially since Dragon is from the Netherlands :P 


I will pay @Dragon-Archon a visit and we will make our own thanksgiving with turkey's and games!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad to see the addition of these new categories. In previous years, guides for DLC and niche games often didn't get the recognition they deserved, and the same goes for gameplay guides. It's nice that guide writers are encouraged to update their guide as well.

 

I apologise if I just missed this, but can the same guide be nominated for multiple categories and guide of the year? I can think of some guides that qualify for more than one.

Edited by Undead Wolf
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, killivincent said:

A question: Could there be any category for Japanese guides? A prize award for guide writers who write guide for Japanese/Korean/Chinese version?

 

That's something we kept putting on and off the table multiple times. I personally love the idea but it's something we couldn't quite figure out between the team.  For this year we're thinking just based on trying to figure out all the categories and how they'll all be managed, however definitely nominate those under the Niche game category or any other one that applies when the time comes!

 

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm glad to see the addition of these new categories. In previous years, guides for DLC and niche games often didn't get the recognition they deserved, and the same goes for gameplay guides. It's nice that guide writers are encouraged to update their guide as well.

 

I apologise if I just missed this, but can the same guide be nominated for multiple categories and guide of the year? I can think of some guides that qualify for more than one.

 

We're still looking into nomination rules, but a single guide will only be able to win one award overall and a writer can't win more than one award within in a single category

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

We're still looking into nomination rules, but a single guide will only be able to win one award overall and a writer can't win more than one award within in a single category

 

Hmm, okay. This creates an interesting dilemma where it will be hard to decide whether to nominate a guide for a category or guide of the year since it can only win one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you would like my vote for your guide, simply look at my PROFILE -- look at my list and determine which game needs YOUR guide. I will then favorite that guide & vote for it. Make sure the guide you give me is not only your BEST but for a game I have NOT yet platinumed.

Edited by dokkanexpert
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

@BlindMango Will there be a list made of all the guides from 2018?

 

Yep! Be sure to give a huge thanks to @ddracarys who has been hard at work at creating the list! We'll post that with the nomination thread ;) 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already know exactly which guides are getting my nominations.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big fan of the new categories, they’re a great solution to make sure “smaller” guides don’t get overshadowed again. 

On a sidenote it’s crazy that this is already the 5th time you’re doing this. Feels like it’s been 3 years at most.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@Dragon-Archon Do other countries even have Thanksgiving? I was under the impression that it's more of a U.S. thing...

 

Also, I'm also always ready for a good pat on the back! I wish everyone realized that they are winners.

 

14 hours ago, BlindMango said:

 

Yeah I found that interesting he typed that too, especially since Dragon is from the Netherlands :P 

As ironic as this is going being a guide team member, I'll still say it: don't sweat the details :awesome: .

 

13 hours ago, killivincent said:

A question: Could there be any category for Japanese guides? A prize award for guide writers who write guide for Japanese/Korean/Chinese version?

 

Just a thought I had, since there is lot of helpful Japanese guides in the site that I'm pretty sure many people have found helpful.

We had a category for that, but in the end decided to scrap a few since there were too many and use this as a test run to see how things will work out.

 

13 hours ago, knoef_NL said:

I will pay @Dragon-Archon a visit and we will make our own thanksgiving with turkey's and games!

Sounds like a plan, I'll start brewing the special drink: Dragon Fire, a booze so spicy it makes you breathe fire :awesome: .

 

1 hour ago, Happy said:

Big fan of the new categories, they’re a great solution to make sure “smaller” guides don’t get overshadowed again. 

On a sidenote it’s crazy that this is already the 5th time you’re doing this. Feels like it’s been 3 years at most.

Yeah time really flies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

 

As ironic as this is going being a guide team member, I'll still say it: don't sweat the details :awesome: .

 

We had a category for that, but in the end decided to scrap a few since there were too many and use this as a test run to see how things will work out.

 

Sounds like a plan, I'll start brewing the special drink: Dragon Fire, a booze so spicy it makes you breathe fire :awesome: .

 

Yeah time really flies.

Hit me up for that Dutch thanksgiving, we will eat stuffed turkey with stroopwafels =)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wuthg21 said:

Hit me up for that Dutch thanksgiving, we will eat stuffed turkey with stroopwafels =)

This guy knows: stroopwafels FTW!!!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

This guy knows: stroopwafels FTW!!!

Grand prize for the guide of the year, a year long dutch treats ;)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.