Celeste - Something new is coming!

Phoenix_argentea

Hello guys! ?

I've just found this news about Celeste: one of the two co-developers posted on Twitter a gif about a new Celeste screen. I put the description in the spoiler tag:

an ice screen (similar to the ones in chapter 8) full of spikes and with a shifting block. And full of glittering stars on the background ?

And now there are many hyphotesis: a new chapter 9 (always in the mountain core)? D sides (after A, B and C)? A sequel (Celeste 2)? ?

Here the link to the news:

https://www.thegamer.com/celeste-towerfall-designer-new-content-dlc/

And here the post on Twitter with the gif:

https://twitter.com/MattThorson/status/1058822031393775616/photo/1

What do you think about this new screen?

Surely I'm looking for this new levels! I really love this game (and the strawberries). ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Update!

A couple of days ago the developer of the game wrote this beautiful news: in early 2019 new levels will be available! He defines them "farewell levels" and they will be hard. ? Maybe they will be the "D sides" and surely I'll accept this challenge. ?

Here there is the news on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattThorson/status/1076234281196736512

Also, there will be a physical version of Celeste by Limited Run for PS4 and Switch. ?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, good job! ?

Surely the best news is "Free on all platforms". ? And I think the "after the current hardest levels in difficulty" is referring to the C sides,  so they will be quite challenging.

The release date is not a problem: at the end of January there is Kingdom Hearts III, so I'll be busy with it. ? And maybe the delay means also more care, so everything is good (except the lack of strawberries. I'll miss them ?).

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, I hope! :) Otherwise, I don't care. I'm ready for this new challenge! Maybe not brutal like C-sides, just this thing...

It'll be released on 9th September!

Here the link:

https://exok.com/posts/2019-09-05-hello-and-farewell/

And what we should expect:

• Chapter 9: Farewell is a new story chapter for Celeste, releasing 9/9/2019 for free on all platforms*.
  • It contains 100+ new levels, bringing the game's total to over 800!
  • Over 40 minutes of new music from Lena Raine. (Purchase the soundtrack on Bandcamp!)
  • There's several brand new mechanics and items to discover and play with.
  • Reconnect with beloved characters for a final goodbye.
  • This chapter doesn't have a B- or C-Side.
  • To unlock it, simply complete Chapter 8.

19 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

The DLC is out now and has no new trophies.

Yeah, that's really bad... ? Excellent games with no extra trophies, like the double NieR:Automata (YoRHa edition. I really wanted another platinum... xD) or Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS4 remastered version).

Anyway, I've just started and it looks difficult, but not like the C-sides. Unfortunately I don't remember almost any command, especially the "secret abilities" which you learn in the later chapters (like the long jump from the walls), so I'm really struggling...

On 9/6/2019 at 3:49 PM, Phoenix_argentea said:

Yes! They wrote it after the chapter 9 content:

Also, we want to mention the Limited Run physical Celeste release. We know that people have been waiting for that to ship for a long time. Now that Chapter 9 is finished, it will enter production shortly. Thanks so much for your patience.

Ok but that "It will enter production shortly" means: we'll send codes for them to finally wrap up the product or The discs will be finally burned up with the adding of the dlc on them?

LRG never could confirm how the dlc will be added.

• 1 month later...