ryan32289

How do I obtain SS ranks?

55 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Elegy said:

I'd agree with the 300+ hours estimate.  I am probably around 230ish hours of play and am about 4.5 seconds away from the 1:10 sprint.  I do think that it will come soon though I've had several attempts where I was on par for the time but I get nervous and lose my focus and start to slow down a lot.  It is really unfortunate, but it is hard not to get nervous when you've been trying to do this for months.  My biggest enemy is mainly misdropping though.  I find it super difficult to get a clean sprint at high speeds with the d-pad due to how easy it is to hard drop by accident when just trying to tap left or right.  I'll probably just teach myself ST stacking for Ultra.  I don't really want to try to do it with just B2B Tetris because you need to clear about 100 lines to get that score doing that and I am not sure I can stay consistent for that long over 3 minutes given how frustratingly inconsistent I am in sprint.  With ST stacking you only need about half that so you don't need to drop as many pieces or play as fast, you just need to know how to do it and not misdrop.

 

I can absolutely relate to what you say, two month ago when I started the game my sprint time was around 2mins and I thought I will never, ever be able to get under 1m40. Well 160 hours later I crushed my starting time by 40 seconds. My biggest enemy is myself, I started to mute the sound Because I was always waiting anxiously for the music switch at 1min10 to tell me I messed up getting 32 lines on time and completely losing my focus on the last 8 due to stress, misdroping stupidly one piece after another. Being able to stay focused 3min for ultra doing only back to backs is an absurd effort and I also started to train ST stacking to have a better chance at it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fleks_Mhteam said:

 

I can absolutely relate to what you say, two month ago when I started the game my sprint time was around 2mins and I thought I will never, ever be able to get under 1m40. Well 160 hours later I crushed my starting time by 40 seconds. My biggest enemy is myself, I started to mute the sound Because I was always waiting anxiously for the music switch at 1min10 to tell me I messed up getting 32 lines on time and completely losing my focus on the last 8 due to stress, misdroping stupidly one piece after another. Being able to stay focused 3min for ultra doing only back to backs is an absurd effort and I also started to train ST stacking to have a better chance at it.


Just wanted to pop in again and thank you guys for the tips and positivity. I've done a few intense plats in the past, but I think this one will be particularly rewarding to complete. As with all of them, the key seems to be perseverance. You'll both get there!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Elegy said:

I'd agree with the 300+ hours estimate.  I am probably around 230ish hours of play and am about 4.5 seconds away from the 1:10 sprint.  I do think that it will come soon though as I've had several attempts where I was on par for the time but I get nervous and lose my focus and start to slow down a lot.  It is really unfortunate, but it is hard not to get nervous when you've been trying to do this for months.  My biggest enemy is mainly misdropping though.  I find it super difficult to get a clean sprint at high speeds with the d-pad due to how easy it is to hard drop by accident when just trying to tap left or right. 

 

I'll probably just teach myself ST stacking for Ultra.  I don't really want to try to do it with just B2B Tetris because you need to clear about 100 lines to get that score doing that and I am not sure I can stay consistent for that long over 3 minutes given how frustratingly inconsistent I am in sprint.  With ST stacking you only need about half that so you don't need to drop as many pieces or play as fast, you just need to know how to do it and not misdrop.

 

Sprint was the first one I got SS on, took me about 50 hours split between my two accounts. With regards to the misdrops, have you tried changing the controller layout? About 10 hours into the game, I found my left hand was getting unreasonably tired. I tried different controller schemes and settled on R1 as hard drop and L1 to hold. It took a few hours to rewire my brain to the new layout but it eventually helped shave dozens of seconds off my sprint time and freed my left hand up to focus on just moving the tetrominos.

 

For Ultra, I had to learn how to ST stack. I was and am still pretty slow at T spinning, but it made Ultra a whole lot easier. 

 

I currently only need SS on All Clear. For some reason, I can't wrap my brain around the puzzles especially after 20 when you have to start spinning all the pieces. I've been watching youtube videos to get an idea of how to do them but progress is slow. I wish they included a practice mode where you could practice on harder puzzles without having to go through the first 20 all clears over and over again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, weellium said:

 

Sprint was the first one I got SS on, took me about 50 hours split between my two accounts. With regards to the misdrops, have you tried changing the controller layout? About 10 hours into the game, I found my left hand was getting unreasonably tired. I tried different controller schemes and settled on R1 as hard drop and L1 to hold. It took a few hours to rewire my brain to the new layout but it eventually helped shave dozens of seconds off my sprint time and freed my left hand up to focus on just moving the tetrominos.

 

Hmm.. I may try changing the controller layout a bit to see if that helps me, main issue is messing with my muscle memory after I have put so much time into the game.  I did improve my sprint to 1:11:18 tonight, it really hurt to not get that SS at the very last second literally, but I start thinking about the time too much and it slows me down.  I downstacked too early though on that run and had to clear about 4 lines one by one and that cost me.  I just wish it were easier to see lines remaining or the game had an audio call out or something so I don't do that.  I also struggle to see the next piece queue at the bottom of the matrix so I prefer to play mid to high stack during sprint for as long as I can.  Would be nice if they provided an option to enlarge the piece previews so I can see them with my peripheral vision more easily from all points in the matrix.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Elegy said:

 

Hmm.. I may try changing the controller layout a bit to see if that helps me, main issue is messing with my muscle memory after I have put so much time into the game.  I did improve my sprint to 1:11:18 tonight, it really hurt to not get that SS at the very last second literally, but I start thinking about the time too much and it slows me down.  I downstacked too early though on that run and had to clear about 4 lines one by one and that cost me.  I just wish it were easier to see lines remaining or the game had an audio call out or something so I don't do that.  I also struggle to see the next piece queue at the bottom of the matrix so I prefer to play mid to high stack during sprint for as long as I can.  Would be nice if they provided an option to enlarge the piece previews so I can see them with my peripheral vision more easily from all points in the matrix.

 

Hmm, I think there is an audio cue. The music changes at around 1:10-1:15 so I restart whenever I hear that. Note that the time this happens will change if you pause the game. If you're that close already then you're probably better off sticking with your current controller loadout. I don't think it is as important for the other modes. 

 

I was finally able to get the Seriously? Seriously. trophy last night. I can confirm that the trophy counts if you get SS on endless for Marathon, Countdown, and Mystery as well as Beginner on Journey mode.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought this in a sale finally and started it on saturday. Let's see how long it will take me to plat this game. I am just a casual tetris gamer :D 


Got SS on Marathon with speed 15 in about 1 hour, but Ultra instantly showed me the middlefinger when only getting about 20k points. Time to improve a lot :P 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the tips everyone, especially the fact that you can use the endless modes and Beginner difficulty on Journey mode. There is still hope for this platinum!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was finally able to get rid of Sprint and Ultra, while my sprint run is quite ugly I was fine with my ultra run using only back to back and no t-spin at all.

 

 

The sprint run is like I said quite horrible and I messed up badly towards the end, it did the trick though.

 

 

 

The Ultra run went fine, it was a close call but I am happy this went well without using t-spins at all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any tips for random effect mode?

Just need SS on sprint and random for plat... 

Sprint still only 1 min 40 though +_+

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fleks_Mhteam said:

I was finally able to get rid of Sprint and Ultra, while my sprint run is quite ugly I was fine with my ultra run using only back to back and no t-spin at all.

 

 

The sprint run is like I said quite horrible and I messed up badly towards the end, it did the trick though.

 

 

 

The Ultra run went fine, it was a close call but I am happy this went well without using t-spins at all.

Seeing you play without T-Spins is very motivating, congrats :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got SS trophy.

Total playtime 82 hours and 300.000 tetrimino spins.

I had some Tetris experience before with Tetris DS, Tetris ultimate and Tetris friends.

I can confirm that you can get SS on endless Marathon, Countdown and Mystery and still get the SS trophy.

Furthermore, I got SS ranks on all normal journey levels except the last one (metamorphosis, S rank) and the trophy still popped after I got my last SS rank on combo.

 

As for tips on SS on sprint and ultra, the more you play, the faster you eventually can stack the pieces mentally head. This will greatly increase the rate of tetriminos per minute. Another important tip is finesse, finesse helps you put the pieces in the correct spot with the lowest number of inputs. 

My first sprint record was around 1:35 on Tetris effect. I practised 2 hours sprint every day and saw my PB dropping by 1-2 seconds almost every day. Just focus on stacking as flat as possible. Try to not stack some pieces vertically for example S or Z pieces in certain situations. Try to use your line clear animation as a small pause to see your next moves.

For Ultra, I used back to back Tetrisis. I try to combo my back to back Tetrisis for extra points and try to get 32 lines around the 2 minute mark and 64 lines at the 1 minute mark.
You will need around 96-98 lines clear to get 35K points without breaking your back to back bonus.

I wish everyone attempting this trophy all the luck.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ShinRayku said:

Just got SS trophy.

Total playtime 82 hours and 300.000 tetrimino spins.

I had some Tetris experience before with Tetris DS, Tetris ultimate and Tetris friends.

I can confirm that you can get SS on endless Marathon, Countdown and Mystery and still get the SS trophy.

Furthermore, I got SS ranks on all normal journey levels except the last one (metamorphosis, S rank) and the trophy still popped after I got my last SS rank on combo.

 

As for tips on SS on sprint and ultra, the more you play, the faster you eventually can stack the pieces mentally head. This will greatly increase the rate of tetriminos per minute. Another important tip is finesse, finesse helps you put the pieces in the correct spot with the lowest number of inputs. 

My first sprint record was around 1:35 on Tetris effect. I practised 2 hours sprint every day and saw my PB dropping by 1-2 seconds almost every day. Just focus on stacking as flat as possible. Try to not stack some pieces vertically for example S or Z pieces in certain situations. Try to use your line clear animation as a small pause to see your next moves.

For Ultra, I used back to back Tetrisis. I try to combo my back to back Tetrisis for extra points and try to get 32 lines around the 2 minute mark and 64 lines at the 1 minute mark.
You will need around 96-98 lines clear to get 35K points without breaking your back to back bonus.

I wish everyone attempting this trophy all the luck.

 

Grats on the Seriously trophy.

 

I had very little Tetris experience, a little bit puyo puyo Tetris and some gameboy Tetris in the early 90s.

 

My stats show 210 hours and 600k spins, I think it took me between 120 and 150 hours to bring up the skill for sprint and ultra.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Master Mode is a Joke. If we score 150k points, we gain an S... But we need 300k to get an SS ;) Once again proving that these scores are simply random.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20.4.2019 at 8:47 PM, TurtlePM said:

Master Mode is a Joke. If we score 150k points, we gain an S... But we need 300k to get an SS ;) Once again proving that these scores are simply random.

 

You need to clear 150 lines for SS on master it is not about points and there is nothing random about it, the only thing you are proving is that you don't know what you are talking about😉

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, Fleks_Mhteam said:

 

You need to clear 150 lines for SS on master it is not about points and there is nothing random about it, the only thing you are proving is that you don't know what you are talking about1f609.png

 

Actually, there was a patch that changed Master mode. 

Since you’re more intelectual then I am and you know what you’re talking about, can you explain me how do I know how many lines did I clear at the end of each match? Because it shows me the score (points), not lines cleared. That’s why I’m starting with M10 to get more points at the start of each match. If I’m playing it wrong, I would like to know :) but thanks for you sarcasm, it’s very helpful, that’s great for this community ;) 

Edited by TurtlePM
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

 

Actually, there was a patch that changed Master mode. 

Since you’re more intelectual then I am and you know what you’re talking about, can you explain me how do I know how many lines did I clear at the end of each match? Because it shows me the score (points), not lines cleared. That’s why I’m starting with M10 to get more points at the start of each match. If I’m playing it wrong, I would like to know :) but thanks for you sarcasm, it’s very helpful, that’s great for this community ;) 

 

It would have been easier to simply say "sorry I was wrong" but let's go with hard facts.

 

The requirements for the SS ranks where never altered or patched since day one, now you are simply making stuff up. I wasn't being sarcastic I was pointing out the obvious, you don't know what you are talking about and the only disservice being done to the community is you insisting on your wrong statement.

 

I recorded an SS rank master run on the latest patch after your response so feel free to still insist on not being wrong after seeing it for yourself.

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Managed to finally get the plat tonight after putting a couple hours into practicing ST stacking a bit more for Ultra.  I will say that Ultra SS is significantly easier than sprint with ST/ZT stacking.  I was able to play so slow and methodically making sure I got things in the proper spot.  I messed up once even and was able to recover so you don't even need to be perfect.  Here is my video of it:
 

 

Edited by Elegy
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Fleks_Mhteam said:

 

It would have been easier to simply say "sorry I was wrong" but let's go with hard facts.

 

The requirements for the SS ranks where never altered or patched since day one, now you are simply making stuff up. I wasn't being sarcastic I was pointing out the obvious, you don't know what you are talking about and the only disservice being done to the community is you insisting on your wrong statement.

 

I recorded an SS rank master run on the latest patch after your response so feel free to still insist on not being wrong after seeing it for yourself.

 

 

 

I could simply say “I’m sorry, I was wrong” if you said in the first place how I could track lines cleared at the end of the match, because I never noticed. Your first comment was useless to help my mistake and prove that I’m wrong.

Now that you actually helped me, I must thank you for your assistance. I realize that I dont need to start on M10 to get a higher score, just clear as much lines as possible. I had a score of 200k and no 150lines clearer? What a waste :/

 

PS: there was a patch note mentioning something about Master. I can’t remember what exactly, but I’ll try to find it and paste it here ;) 

 

Edit:

[Tetris Effect Patch 1.06 - 12/4/18]

 

- Added "Customize Controls" menu in Options > Gameplay

- Added "Zoomed Way In" selection to Options > Gameplay > Camera Zoom

- Added a new Ranking selection: "Master (LINES)"

- Fixed a bug related to T-Spin detection

- Other minor bug fixes

 

That was it, I thought that it would change the ranking system, instead Lines, it would be Score.

Edited by TurtlePM
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

 

I could simply say “I’m sorry, I was wrong” if you said in the first place how I could track lines cleared at the end of the match, because I never noticed. Your first comment was useless to help my mistake and prove that I’m wrong.

Now that you actually helped me, I must thank you for your assistance. I realize that I dont need to start on M10 to get a higher score, just clear as much lines as possible. I had a score of 200k and no 150lines clearer? What a waste :/

 

PS: there was a patch note mentioning something about Master. I can’t remember what exactly, but I’ll try to find it and paste it here ;) 

 

Edit:

[Tetris Effect Patch 1.06 - 12/4/18]

 

- Added "Customize Controls" menu in Options > Gameplay

- Added "Zoomed Way In" selection to Options > Gameplay > Camera Zoom

- Added a new Ranking selection: "Master (LINES)"

- Fixed a bug related to T-Spin detection

- Other minor bug fixes

 

That was it, I thought that it would change the ranking system, instead Lines, it would be Score.

 

Everything good turtle, you should have an easier time now with master, starting at M10 must have been quite the hustle.

 

Yeah of course the game got patched but the requirements for the SS ranks never changed.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I've been sitting on a Sprint time of 01:12:58 for about a week - too close to the goal to give up, but the grind is starting to take its toll on me. I felt like I could focus a little more after turning the music off and only leaving the sound effects on in case that helps anybody.

 

Edit: Finally got that sprint time, 01:07! Thanks for all the tips in this thread! 100 hours and 300k block rotations. Good luck to everyone working on this.

Edited by Overlord_Haze
Update on sprint time
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've started the game yesterday and I must say it's quite good ! And hard at the same time. 

Yesterday I played sprint and got 1,48 and went down to 1,42 today. I've got much to learn. 

 

ST Stacking seems a good thing to score in the game. T-spins + back to back give more points than Tetris if I'm not mistaken. 

 

Good job for the people who got the plat' ! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Definitely not gonna be easy. Have SS on all the relax modes...but those are easy. Some of it will require me to git gud. xD For Journey, do you have to SS expert for the plat, all three difficulties, or something else?

Edited by MidnightDragon
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.