ryan32289

How do I obtain SS ranks?

55 posts in this topic

On 7/10/2019 at 10:35 PM, c-wangyu-c said:

4ba6a46761ab75fe34c792942745f791.png

maybe we can try this to move fast ?

That's a static image, not a link to a video btw.

I've posted in this thread earlier, but I've played about 200 hours on and off since January -- treating it more like a "second game" I fool around with when I want a break from whatever "main game" I'm playing at the time -- and I've gotten my sprint time down from the 1:40 range to 1:15. I only have Sprint, Ultra, and Combo left to SS. Shaving those last few seconds off is so hard, because you almost can't think about what you're doing -- you just have to feel it, as if it's instinct. I have no real advice for people other than keep playing until Tetris is ingrained in your head.

My worst habit is that I only rotate Tetrominoes in one direction -- as in, I'll rotate a block three times to the right instead of once to the left to get it into the position I want. I know this is losing me time, but I'm too far gone to go back and break my muscle memory. No real point to this post except to say that 1. this is an 11/10 plat, so congrats to those that have it and 2. keep playing and I guarantee you will get better. 

Posted (edited)

On 2019/7/19 at 7:10 AM, JD-D2 said:

That's a static image, not a link to a video btw.

I've posted in this thread earlier, but I've played about 200 hours on and off since January -- treating it more like a "second game" I fool around with when I want a break from whatever "main game" I'm playing at the time -- and I've gotten my sprint time down from the 1:40 range to 1:15. I only have Sprint, Ultra, and Combo left to SS. Shaving those last few seconds off is so hard, because you almost can't think about what you're doing -- you just have to feel it, as if it's instinct. I have no real advice for people other than keep playing until Tetris is ingrained in your head.

My worst habit is that I only rotate Tetrominoes in one direction -- as in, I'll rotate a block three times to the right instead of once to the left to get it into the position I want. I know this is losing me time, but I'm too far gone to go back and break my muscle memory. No real point to this post except to say that 1. this is an 11/10 plat, so congrats to those that have it and 2. keep playing and I guarantee you will get better. 

sample video but i try this it seems not so fast than i think.

Edited by c-wangyu-c

Posted (edited)

I have seen that method a few times, but I never tried it myself.  It seems like it'd be faster for people who struggle with stacking and piece placement as you always put pieces in the same regions.. very similar to ST stacking in that the pieces always have set zones and you just take advantage of the 7 bag randomizer to loop.  Main problem with it is that you have to soft drop sometimes.  You also need to be careful with your S/Z towers because the T will reverse it so it would probably be best to hold your T pieces to always place two at a time.

Edited by Elegy

I don't know if I want to sink 200 - 400 hours into this game. I'm typically horrible at puzzle games and this will only frustrate me.