What level should I be to beat the Hercules Tourney time trial?

Alantor32

I just recently got back into playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 on my PS4. But I still have trouble trying to beat the time trial in Hercules' Tournament. What level should I be to beat it and what level should Donald and Goofy be as well? And can anyone also provide other tips for clearing the time trial?

If you're going for Platinum, I honestly would say don't even bother with anything in Olympus Coliseum until you're Level 100 with everyone. You have to get Sora to Level 100 anyways for one of the Trophies. On top of that, Ice Titan and Sephiroth pretty much requires you to Level 100 so you can tank hits. 

If that isn't your goal, if you're on Standard/Normal difficulty, I'd say around Level 50 to 60 is a good place to start and it depends on what kind of stats you picked in the beginning. Sora set to be a Melee Attacker doesn't get any Strength Bonuses for Levels until past the 30's. 

You also don't get any notable Keyblades until the second half of the game. 

Trying to finish the Time Trial with anything less would be really challenging since you'll be hitting most of the Heartless with 1-2 damage as opposed to like.. 10+. 

For me, with Level 100 and Oblivion, it still takes me around 1 minute to finish the Time Trial even though I can 1-shot most of the enemies. I can't imagine finishing the Time Trial within 3 minutes on Proud Mode without at least a decent Keyblade that can chunk a Heartless for more than 50% of their HP bar.

Edited by ShianKiri
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...

Actually, specifically relating to Hercules Cup there is a well known glitch that still works (was in PS2 version also). 

You reach Hercules, last fight, and press start + select restart. This restarts the Hercules fight but freezes the timer. 

Hope that helps!

EDIT: I just beat the time trial first try (with 7 seconds remaining!) at level 43, chose Rod (more MP for thunder spams), Olympia keyblade, Final Mix difficulty with this tactic.

Edited by Shao-Dao
Added information