BREAKING NEWS Sony rewards are not giving points for earning trophies anymore.

tlal_q8_22

2 minutes ago, Dragjae55 said:

Look up the new ToS on the sony rewards site.

Not sure where to find it, but the FAQ says:

Will I lose any of my current pass progress?
No. We will be transitioning all of your completed Passes, and in-progress Passes to the new pass experience.
Will I still be earning towards my PlayStation® Passes?
Yes. All of the PlayStation® Passes that you’re eligible for will continue to progress based on your activity.

That should translate to the trophy passes as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was removed.

I made a status update about this yesterday. It definitely sucks though, it's mentioned in the terms & conditions...

Trophy Pass: The Trophy Pass program has been discontinued. Sony Rewards members will not be able to unlock a new Trophy Pass after October 29, 2018.  For Sony Rewards members that unlocked a Trophy Pass prior to October 29, 2018, you may continue earning Sony Rewards points through the Trophy Pass program until November 7, 2019, at which time the program will be permanently discontinued for all Sony Rewards members. 

At least those of us who were in the middle of the passes have a year to finish them. <_< 

• Like 4

Trophy Pass: The Trophy Pass program has been discontinued. Sony Rewards members will not be able to unlock a new Trophy Pass after October 29, 2018.  For Sony Rewards members that unlocked a Trophy Pass prior to October 29, 2018, you may continue earning Sony Rewards points through the Trophy Pass program until November 7, 2019, at which time the program will be permanently discontinued for all Sony Rewards members. https://www.rewards.sony.com/terms.html

1 minute ago, Masamune said:

I made a status update about this yesterday. It definitely sucks though, it's mentioned in the terms & conditions...

Trophy Pass: The Trophy Pass program has been discontinued. Sony Rewards members will not be able to unlock a new Trophy Pass after October 29, 2018.  For Sony Rewards members that unlocked a Trophy Pass prior to October 29, 2018, you may continue earning Sony Rewards points through the Trophy Pass program until November 7, 2019, at which time the program will be permanently discontinued for all Sony Rewards members. 

At least those of us who were in the middle of the passes have a year to finish them. <_< 

Good info, sad to see it go, but not surprised. It is an easily abused system, I just hope they increase the points for spending money now.

5 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Good info, sad to see it go, but not surprised. It is an easily abused system, I just hope they increase the points for spending money now.

Yeah, that point value per $1 spent sucks. Unless you're subscribed to multiple services & have their credit card, there's not really a decent way to make points. ?

14 minutes ago, Mikoto_railgun01 said:

They should have limited it to games that cost x amount rather than any ps4 trophies 

Agree somewhat, they should have been more restrictive with trophies overall from the start. No multi lists for zone, system or remaster (one game = one list) and no platinum unless atleast xx hours/or high difficulty. Atleast for the reward program, wouldn’t mind otherwise too, evev though I would lose a fair share of my plats, hehe. To bad for US for the loss, but more sad that 95,6% of the worlds population never got it (and still no PS now in Sweden).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mikoto_railgun01 said:

it only affected america but i can understand why they did it because theirs a crap ton of super easy platinum's on psn. they should have limited it to games that cost x amount rather than any ps4 trophies 

Why price matter when people can rent or borrow games for pennies? People that shop at gamestop can buy a used game, plat it in a week, and exchange it for a different used games, over and over.

31 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

Can't really be sad about it, no other countries got it so I'm sure anyone in America can also live without it. At least you got the opportunity and could have earned money, something like this should be for everyone and not just for a particular country.

Then do away with all particular region locked events like the one australia i believe had for the platinum trophy giveaway a while back and im sure theres been others but that one specifically comes to mind, do away with region locked ps+ deals/discounts/IGC titles, just have one giant global system that works for everyone anywhere

12 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Why price matter when people can rent or borrow games for pennies? People that shop at gamestop can buy a used game, plat it in a week, and exchange it for a different used games, over and over.

because being able to get 5 $1-3 plats in less than a few hours beats spending $20-40 on a pre owned game that takes maybe a few days to platinum.

yes rental services exist but in a time to money aspect its a bad deal.