Gold Rush glitch/ Lending A Hand workaround

ntslord

I was playing earlier and had resigned myself to the fact that I'd need to start a new playthrough for the trophies ive missed, The 70 Gold medals and the Lending A Hand (optional honor missions completed)

I had missed one of the honor missions during my playthrough and by complete accident i replayed an old honor mission (no spoilers) to help me complete a challenge.

Once that mission replay was completed, suddenly the trophy Lending A Hand Popped for me, ive checked the social club and it doesnt show that ive completed all the honor missions but i do have the trophy.

Now after this i went to youtube for a list of easy missions to replay for gold medals and i stumbled across this comment

"you can make different save files with over 20 gold medal until you have 4 files all with 20 gold medals in each bascally same file in different slots then just get 1 gold on the most recent autosave flie and gold rush trophy."

Now ive tried this a few times and it hasnt worked for me, and i wouldnt have given it much thought had i not managed to get that Lending A Hand trophy without having met all the requirements for it.

Ive tried creating 4 saves one after the other in different slots. and then loaded my autosave and completed a replay and got gold - No offect

Ive also tried doing the same but playing a new mission - no effect

This person may be a troll and im most likely clutching at straws but i thought id bring this to your attention and maybe one of you can debunk it or prove it and make me and many others very happy.

Do you know which Honor Mission you missed? From what I've heard you can replay all of them after finishing the game, even the ones you've missed. Since I've missed one Honor Mission you cant replay, I dont know if it works. 

But it didnt work for me to replay any honor mission and getting the trophy. I even got the gold medal (had silver medal before).

Edited by Mori

Well I doubt that's the case. I've had multiple save files throughout most of the game, and together they amount to way more than 70 gold medals.

Plus, the person who made the comment is only up to chapter 3 and hasn't earned the gold medal trophy himself. So however he got this information, it wasn't from personal experience.

As for your honour mission trophy, I guess the one you did in a replay just happened to be the last one you missed. Not all of them show up on the social club or replay menu, so there's no reliable way of tracking them all.

13 minutes ago, Mori said:

Do you know which Honor Mission you missed? From what I've heard you can replay all of them after finishing the game, even the ones you've missed. Since I've missed one Honor Mission you cant replay, I dont know if it works. 

But it didnt work for me to replay any honor mission and getting the trophy. I even got the gold medal (had silver medal before).

It was The Kings Son (chapter 6) i replayed it twice for bow kills from behind and after the second replay the trophy popped.

10 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Well I doubt that's the case. I've had multiple save files throughout most of the game, and together they amount to way more than 70 gold medals.

Plus, the person who made the comment is only up to chapter 3 and hasn't earned the gold medal trophy himself. So however he got this information, it wasn't from personal experience.

As for your honour mission trophy, I guess the one you did in a replay just happened to be the last one you missed. Not all of them show up on the social club or replay menu, so there's no reliable way of tracking them all.

Out of curiousity how do you know he doesnt have the trophy, im not being sarcastic im genuinely impressed and would like to know how.

In regards to the honor mission, i 100% played that mission during my natural playthrough without a doubt. It popped after i replayed it twice a long time after i completed the main story, im not complaining though lol

Edited by ntslord

4 minutes ago, ntslord said:

Out of curiousity how do you know he doesnt have the trophy, im not being sarcastic im genuinely impressed and would like to know how.

I went to his Youtube channel and saw he had a video of him playing Destiny 2. I got his username from that and synced it here.

• Like 4

Just now, Shadiochao said:

I went to his Youtube channel and saw he had a video of him playing Destiny 2. I got his username from that and synced it here.

Well would you look at that, hats off to you. There goes the last time i belive anyone on the internet. Thanks for the detective work.