So is the platinum obtainable or not?

Vladu24

I'm reading about how the multiplayer is fucked and not impossible to get over with but almost so.

Which would you say it is? I want to get into Bulletstorm, but only if the plat is obtainable. 

I guess I could try to run the MP on my alt account and see for myself. Ok, on it.

Good talk, guys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vladu24 said:

I'm reading about how the multiplayer is fucked and not impossible to get over with but almost so.

Which would you say it is? I want to get into Bulletstorm, but only if the plat is obtainable. 

I guess I could try to run the MP on my alt account and see for myself. Ok, on it.

Good talk, guys.

The most recent earner of the platinum did it in just 4 days. So I would say that it is possible to earn.

Yes, it's obtainable. I and a couple of my friends have been playing it and we finished the multiplayer trophies last night. If you're planning on playing solo which, I wouldn't recommend, you wanna quit out the app and start it back up and search a multiplayer lobby immediately after loading the game back up after going into multiplayer. If you're having trouble connecting that is or finding a lobby. And if you're having trouble connecting to a friend, simply restart the app and the host will set up the game while everybody else sits at the main menu and then whoever is host will send the invite or invites and just accept the invite as it shows up while in the main menu and you guys should be able to join. This is for anybody having trouble connecting.

Edited by brianna14
Typo
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, brianna14 said:

Yes, it's obtainable. I and a couple of my friends have been playing it and we finished the multiplayer trophies last night. If you're planning on playing solo which, I wouldn't recommend, you wanna quit out the app and start it back up and search a multiplayer lobby immediately after loading the game back up after going into multiplayer. If you're having trouble connecting that is or finding a lobby. And if you're having trouble connecting to a friend, simply restart the app and the host will set up the game while everybody else sits at the main menu and then whoever is host will send the invite or invites and just accept the invite as it shows up while in the main menu and you guys should be able to join. This is for anybody having trouble connecting.

Yep, exactly that. The servers for PS4 aren't down but the whole online system is very jank. There are no lobbies or options to search for joinable public games and joining a friend via invite only seems to work if you do it from the main menu, not while already in the multiplayer menu. Also if you try to connect to someone and fail sometimes you will have to reboot the game to get it working properly again, as brianna mentioned. Baffling indeed but thankfully once in a game there doesn't seem to be any issues. Got the last of the multiplayer stuff done today.

• Like 3

Guys, I don't know about you, but I've given it a fare shake on Saturday, on Sunday, and last night, done everything posted here, and have not been inside one single game of multiplayer.

Soft pass from me, I'm afraid. If you manage to get 'er done, power to you!

38 minutes ago, Rio__HUN said:

Mp trophies can be boosted with two players? Or it needs more players like 3 or 4?

You just need one other guy. 

28 minutes ago, Vladu24 said:

Guys, I don't know about you, but I've given it a fare shake on Saturday, on Sunday, and last night, done everything posted here, and have not been inside one single game of multiplayer.

Can't blame you. I was finally able to complete the trophies two days ago. That's because of the party method I mentioned in the earlier thread (make a party, invite other person, choose play together, choose bulletstorm), and even then it was wonky. Anarchy Master itself took roughly two hours, close to three.

My problem was, no joke, my game crashed on the twentieth wave, the best place to do anarchy master. A lot of time wasted because of it. How we finally did it was get to wave 19, I had 19000 points roughly, my friend had 18500. Once we had one enemy left, he kept killing my friend, and I revived him over and over again (no time limit when partner is dead). Took a while, but it sure beat getting to wave 20 and seeing the game crash again.

7 hours ago, Rio__HUN said:

Mp trophies can be boosted with two players? Or it needs more players like 3 or 4?

It is better to boost with only one player as long as you both know how to boost. The only one you really need to boost is 40K one. 50 challenges you can get it by playing with random. However, it will take longer.

On 11/13/2018 at 1:07 PM, Vladu24 said:

I just got the platinum and while fidgety it does work eventually.

Basically both start/restart the game at the same time and then have only one of you go into multiplayer and invite the other one through the bottom menu (beneath your name in the party no the friends list menu option near the top). A try or two and it will work out and you can do MP stuff with a friend in private matches.

On 11/12/2018 at 7:42 PM, jimbob12345678 said:

Yep, exactly that. The servers for PS4 aren't down but the whole online system is very jank. There are no lobbies or options to search for joinable public games and joining a friend via invite only seems to work if you do it from the main menu, not while already in the multiplayer menu. Also if you try to connect to someone and fail sometimes you will have to reboot the game to get it working properly again, as brianna mentioned. Baffling indeed but thankfully once in a game there doesn't seem to be any issues. Got the last of the multiplayer stuff done today.

Also, if you get too many errors for trying to join games and then you try to join a friend, it just won't work. You have to restart the app every time. And especially if you're playing solo, you want to restart and as soon as it loads up, search for a match. You should find one.

6 hours ago, Vladu24 said:

You...do realise you're on a trophy hunter website, right?

to be fair there is a hide games from trophy list option, I tried Odyssey - hated it after 10 hours in and just stopped. And I'll never platinum RDR2 but it's a great game worth playing nonetheless.

100% completion rates are nice but really overrated

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 15.11.2018 at 6:09 PM, Valkirye22 said:

to be fair there is a hide games from trophy list option, I tried Odyssey - hated it after 10 hours in and just stopped. And I'll never platinum RDR2 but it's a great game worth playing nonetheless.

What forced you to give up on RDR2?

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2018 at 0:09 PM, Valkirye22 said:

Yea, I don't understand this obsession to completely clear every little thing you touch, is this what gaming has become ? I mean who is there to impress, in reality no one cares about anyone else's trophy lists.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KeoneArt said:

I get that but don't let that stop you from trying out or enjoying a game whether you plan to PLAT it or whether it's even possible.

Very true. That used to be me; I'd avoid games I may have been interested in if I thought the trophies would be too hard to get. Now I'm realizing life is too short. I still go for platinums but now if there's a game I really want to play I just go for it.

• Like 1

I fully intended to platinum this but after completing the story and doing  about 6 or 7 echo levels I decided to move on.

I agree with everything above don't let the platinum stop you playing this as I had so much fun through the story mode. I just quickly realized the echo mode and anarchy held little interest. I may revisit it if no better FPS games come to PS plus but otherwise I'm happy with the time I spent with the game and it staying at 58% completion.

• Like 2