Platinum no longer achievable

VirtualNight

I would have written this on the other thread but it had been stupidly closed, so i do it here. I've been pm by multiple people that told me to have been hacked, this frequency has never been so high, also all of them are trophy hunters; so this means that:

Platinum trophy is no longer achievable

Why? there are a couple of mentally ill people around who were focusing on hacking random people's stats, but recently theyr attention went to trophy hunters, anyone. As long as you boost once, you will see your xp going to a huge negative amount in your stats, blocking you some trophies.

Maybe you manage to boost a little, but is impossible that you won't be spotted in 100 hours around.

Unless you all manage to send a lot of proofs to psn to ban the IP address of all these hackers, you can not boost so you can not earn everything in time, as without boosting you would need over 1,000 hours (servers will be shut down soon), not to mention that for the over 10,000 kills with the plane needed, you will never get them in time, there is an insane gap between who can use a plane and who can't, if for example i'm flying also you will never kill me nor get almost a single kill in air as i can quickly avoid any attack and kill you in 2 seconds.

So, go away from this plat, don't start the game unless for fun with alt accs. Sorry for all who have been hacked.

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 4

What a shame. Those hackers are a cancer (excuse me the strong word, but is appropriate for me) to every community, not only our community. We boost the game, and don't give any nuisance to nobody. They, indeed, are so annoying to everyone with their "easy win" hacks like immortality, infinite ammo, one shot one kill, shots through the walls. But yes, we trophy hunters are wrong. They are right.

Throw yourself in a furnace, pesky hackers, please :). 

PS: i've already platted the game, so if you hack my stats, i don't give a SHIT. 

• Like 2

I guess I was fortunate enough to get my plat without any issues. I had gotten my plat on Oct. 14th... the hacking started back up full force about a week or so later... thankfully he was on a break for the month I was doing it... sorry to hear about all those trophy hunters getting screwed though... most of you didnt deserve that kind of treatment.

• Like 1

I managed to luck into getting the Platinum 2 days before the 'original shutdown' date and even then, I'm pissed off that a group of people would do this to people in our community of trophy hunters. As I explained before the thread was locked, none of that is even the hacker's call or even their business (and they violate the TOS for PlayStation just to do this out of spite).

No matter how much you explain it that people boosting trophies will not affect leaderboard standings or somehow aren't 'cheating' by boosting, that doesn't work.

I would suggest stronger measures, but it would lead to me getting banned. That's how strongly I feel about this and how mad I am.

Well, While I do still think that it is possible. This is just a bit too risky now..

I actually wanted to do this next to/after FF15, but if hackers just go out of there way to annoy THs by making the plat unobtainable in a case that I have no control in achieving the plat... I am not going to do this anymore...

Shame, but hey props to the people that are close and are going to finish this nevertheless.

19 hours ago, Richtoon said:

I thought PS3 updated 4.83 last month stops all hackers, modders and jail breakers? That’s what I have heard.  

No, people can use spoofers to go online from any firmware. 4.83 was meant to stop people from using the Ps3Xploit method. 

2 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

inb4 someone comes along and says, "yeah the hacking sucks, but you guys had plenty of time to get the plat while the servers weren't filled with hackers it's been out since 2007"

My God, you have no idea how much them type of people annoy me.

• Like 1

To anyone thinking of starting this game, PLEASE LISTEN TO VirtualNight. I thought I would try my luck with this game, but I was wrong. I was hacked ONE DAY after starting it. To put it simply, the hackers are basically hacking ANYONE they see. 

PS. If you get hacked, don't message them. Accept it and move on as your frustration only fuels their efforts to continue hacking.  

1 hour ago, Deathon6 said:

What if you create a private ranked match where only people who are part of a certain clan can join? 

I want to know if I can make a 1 on 1 match and be safe because of that.

9 minutes ago, z99f said:

To anyone thinking of starting this game, PLEASE LISTEN TO VirtualNight. I thought I would try my luck with this game, but I was wrong. I was hacked ONE DAY after starting it. To put it simply, the hackers are basically hacking ANYONE they see. 

PS. If you get hacked, don't message them. Accept it and move on as your frustration only fuels their efforts to continue hacking.  

Man, them hackers suck.

What They Fuck!

I only played one game and just now checked my stats after getting disconnected and these are my stats. 

Total Points: -99999586

Combat Points: 13

Team Points: -99999702

Negative Points: 0

Bonus Points: 103

Total Kills: -299999984

Total Deaths: 0

Total KDR: -300000000.00

Are you fucking kidding me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deathon6 said:

What They Fuck!

I only played one game and just now checked my stats after getting disconnected and these are my stats. 

Total Points: -99999586

Combat Points: 13

Team Points: -99999702

Negative Points: 0

Bonus Points: 103

Total Kills: -299999984

Total Deaths: 0

Total KDR: -300000000.00

Are you fucking kidding me. 

Did you play in a 1 on 1 or a full match with only people you know? Wanna know if a 1 on 1 or a full match with known players makes it possible to avoid hackers. Sorry to hear that happened to you though man.

Just now, BrettyBoy said:

Did you play in a 1 on 1 or a full match with only people you know? Wanna know if a 1 on 1 or a full match with known players makes it possible to avoid hackers. Sorry to hear that happened to you though man.

It was just me on split screen. No one else. I used that glitch I was asking about above.