Platinum no longer achievable

VirtualNight

3 minutes ago, SkidPatrol said:

Trust me when I say this, the only reason they're doing it in the first place is because you're cheating. It's not about getting the trophy it's about how you're getting it.

One thing "try hards" will never understand is us "trophy hunters." Some would go for it legitimately now if they had time. Considering how many actual players are on the game and how little time is left before server closure, ppl wanna get their plat however they can. In the trophy world boosting is a gray area... yes it is cheating but we look at like we are still putting in the time and effort to get said trophy... hacking on the other hand is full blown cheating and is not allowed and is a bannable offense. No matter how you look at things someone will always be unhappy and hate on u for whatever reason. Believe it or not trophy hunters can be just as toxic as try hards...  if not worse in some cases. Jealousy and envy comes with the territory unfortunately... trophy hunters cant believe someone could be better than them and immediately flag someone bc they dont believe that person could get the trophy. Hackers are really sad as well though bc they show us that they have no life and think it's funny to fuck with someones trophy profile... someone invested hundreds of hours into a game boosting and yet the sad little hacker decided "Not on my watch, this game is a decade old and I still care about this game bc it's the only game I own and I take pride in what I have done. Allow me to fuck that person out of all their time bc they chose to get their plat by boosting this 10 year old game." I'll be honest though... if this game wasnt so rare I wouldnt have bothered with this POS game anyways... at least once the servers close this headache will be done with and the hackers will finally have to scrape their pennies together and get themselves a new game to "no life" for the next decade.

3 hours ago, SkidPatrol said:

Trust me when I say this, the only reason they're doing it in the first place is because you're cheating. It's not about getting the trophy it's about how you're getting it.

"they"... heh. You know damn well you've used this account to derank people. I know this because you did it to my friend and then messaged him about it. Glad you feel so happy with yourself. You're exploiting the game for your own gain just like the people boosting the platinum. Stop acting like you're the good guy. Let people do their thing and you do yours. 

Sorry to name and shame. I just think what he's doing is shit and needs to be called out.  

Will deliver proof upon request.

Edited by Afro_Gear
  • Like 4

While I do not play the game myself (thanks to the servers refusing to let me create a ranked room, which seems to have worked in my favor now), I fail to see the logic from the hacker's point of view. Why are "they" doing this? That is not a rhetorical question, I truly want to know because I cannot comprehend how does having a 100% trophy completion using boosting devalue someone who got it "legit"? At least I think "they" think that way. I am pretty sure that people boosting are still enjoying the same game, which I assume, the hackers like as well, just in a different way. Hacking the stats into negatives just seems like it'll take all the fun and good memories a person might get from boost-playing the game and utterly crushing them.

That's at least my two cents on the matter, I'm really hoping for a discussion on this topic from all points of view.

• Like 1

2 and half months may sound like enough time. But when you factor in life such as work, school, ect plus the requirements that are needed to platinum this game. 2 and half months is not enough time to do it legitimately. Hell 2 and half months is barely enough time to boost it. 

49 minutes ago, SkidPatrol said:

Lol yeah, there's a pretty big community on facebook and stuff though. We have xLink all setup for after the servers close. Honestly I'm just playing for fun for the last couple months then I'll go back to pc probably but I'm happy the people who want to play will still be able to. As for the whole morality part I personally think that both boosting and modding is wrong. Modding is obvious because you're changing values on the back end that allow you to manipulate the game however you want to a certain extent. But idk boosting is meg, I remember back when I was like 12 boosting for a nuke in mw2 and that was cancer thinking back on it lol. I just think that you should try your best to get it legit how they intended it, and who knows maybe one of the modders will help you out if you get close.

"boosting and modding is wrong" but its fine if you mod to then derank people. Arent you nice a nice modder to possibly help out if people get close, wow thanks!.that is definitely not against the rules here. You are also not going to play the game how they intended it by modding. nice one.

Edited by richard_1997

So you know its wrong to do, but you continue resetting some people's stats and not letting people do what they want. Modding in terms of changing others stats is obviously scummy and i cant wait for whoever does it to be banned if they ever do anything about it. Yes boosting can be seen as wrong but its on a completely different level and most of the time its fine as long as it does not affect other players within the game lobby/server imo, which is definitely not affecting people in this game as people can make their own server. Modding is messed up as a normal player would not be able to do anything with their negative stats that were placed by a modder. Dont people have better things to do with their time rather than spending it trolling on a game that is 11 years old.

Edited by richard_1997
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SkidPatrol said:

Lol yeah, there's a pretty big community on facebook and stuff though. We have xLink all setup for after the servers close. Honestly I'm just playing for fun for the last couple months then I'll go back to pc probably but I'm happy the people who want to play will still be able to. As for the whole morality part I personally think that both boosting and modding is wrong. Modding is obvious because you're changing values on the back end that allow you to manipulate the game however you want to a certain extent. But idk boosting is meg, I remember back when I was like 12 boosting for a nuke in mw2 and that was cancer thinking back on it lol. I just think that you should try your best to get it legit how they intended it, and who knows maybe one of the modders will help you out if you get close.

Smh....this guy is even more of a loser than what I thought. You are literally the poster child of incels. It’s a shame that you’re going out of your way to stop people from getting the platinum, patrolling empty servers for HOURS a day. Honestly, kid; I know how useless to society you feel, but you can always get other hobbies as well. I don’t know join a gym or something. You will find out that you don’t have to make others miserable to enjoy yourself.

Right now, the only good you can do is just reset everone back to 0 and just let then get the plat and be done. It’s crazy how you’re trying to show “justice”, but where is justice for your critical offense?

You will not be remembered after this, skidpatrol. I can assure you though, if you have a karmic change you can be remembered for the better. I just can’t even imagine you sitting home in your sweaty conputer chair all day trying to make others miserable. That’s just the “be all” of being a straight up lame.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SkidPatrol said:

Things that are not flaggable:

• Boosting - Playing online via coordinating with other players in a way to speed up progress in obtaining a trophy through normal means via in-game exploits, glitches, coordination, private lobbies, and or other doable means within the in-game environment. Hacked lobbies, hacking, or exploits performed via external means (outside of the game as created) are flaggable.

1 hour ago, Property_Damage said:

Im not following this thread but I got an email today from psn that the servers for warhawk. Twisted metal, playstation all stars battle royale and sound shapes were staying up until next year, so it sounds like the plat is still available guys, for now

Well, some loser is resetting people’s Warhawk stats. Hackers suck man.

5 hours ago, kingdrake2 said:

even if they play legitimately they may still hack ya anyway or they may leave one alone for they show mercy but it's ultra rare.

was going to suggest backing up your save. they can't mess up your data if you have backed up save though you'll end up losing X amount of hours prior to what you earned after that point.

Well, Warhawk save is all backed up on the Warhawk server so that won’t help sadly.

1 hour ago, Skeptical69 said:

The "what constitutes a flag" post only pertains to this website & leaderboard, both of which have no official affiliation with Sony, PSN, or playstation.

What Skidmark is saying, is that he (since he's been outed as one of the hackers) and/or the other hackers consider boosting a game to be cheating because you aren't playing the game as intended.  

You can compare them to vigilantes if you like, basically doing something illegal to deliver their version of justice for what they feel is an offense.  However, it's overkill.  It's basically like executing someone for doing something debatably harmless like marijuana in their own house where it affects nobody else.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

The "what constitutes a flag" post only pertains to this website & leaderboard, both of which have no official affiliation with Sony, PSN, or playstation.

What Skidmark is saying, is that he (since he's been outed as one of the hackers) and/or the other hackers consider boosting a game to be cheating because you aren't playing the game as intended.  

You can compare them to vigilantes if you like, basically doing something illegal to deliver their version of justice for what they feel is an offense.  However, it's overkill.  It's basically like executing someone for doing something debatably harmless like marijuana in their own house where it affects nobody else.

Oh. I assumed he was just another one of those "boosting games for trophies is cheating" attention seekers. I didn't know anything about this side of the story and now that I've looked at his profile, the possibility as one of the hackers appears very clear (joined PSNP nearly a week ago, the only game on his trophy collection, etc.). The reason behind linking the topic to my reply post was to inform him (and other users) that boosting for trophies is, in fact, not cheating. Unfortunately, far too many users on this site feel the need to express themselves opposing the idea that boosting is not in any way cheating.

Now this is the part where I challenge everyone reading this to find any threads for games regarding their server closure (specifically games like Modnation Racers, Motorstorm Apocalypse, PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale and a lot of others), scroll through all of the posts and manage to not stumble upon a single post from a user stating that boosting is cheating. You'd be very surprised how many users believe this, but here's the catch: they're all wrong!

giphy.gif

Elitist trophy hunters come at me!

4 minutes ago, Skeptical69 said:

Oh. I assumed he was just another one of those "boosting games for trophies is cheating" attention seekers. I didn't know anything about this side of the story and now that I've looked at his profile, the possibility as one of the hackers appears very clear (joined PSNP nearly a week ago, the only game on his trophy collection, etc.). The reason behind linking the topic to my reply post was to inform him (and other users) that boosting for trophies is, in fact, not cheating. Unfortunately, far too many users on this site feel the need to express themselves opposing the idea that boosting is not in any way cheating.

Now this is the part where I challenge everyone reading this to find any threads for games regarding their server closure (specifically games like Modnation Racers, Motorstorm Apocalypse, PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale and a lot of others), scroll through all of the posts and manage to not stumble upon a single post from a user stating that boosting is cheating. You'd be very surprised how many users believe this, but here's the catch: they're all wrong!

giphy.gif

Elitist trophy hunters come at me!

I'm pretty sure the guy (s) fucking with boosters rn don't give two flying fucks about trophy hunting themselves. If he is in a Facebook group that's so hardcore that they'll carry out private games on a ghost lan network, they're a bunch of lifers, or close to it. 

Also, I seriously doubt these guys are sitting around, hunting for glitch room boosters. I know a couple of the loud mouthed geniuses here think that, but I can assure you, it's not as difficult as you all may think. This guy is most likely spending no more than 15 or 20 mins a day to terrorize trophy boosters.

I do understand where they're coming from. I get why they're doing it. You guys can also fight fire with fire. Also, he isn't catching everybody. So, obviously some people are staying hidden well enough. 

again with the thing that boosting is cheating? Boosting is not cheating. Cheating is what the hackers do (infinite ammo, immortality, shots through the walls etc). Boosting is just give us a hand each other. And if those hackers don't want that we gives us a hand, well, fuck them, they are nobody.

The main problem is that a very good number of people says that boosting is cheating (because the TOS says that you can't do that, although no ones reads and follows it, because if everyone will follow the TOS, the trophy hunting couldn't exist [create an account on a different country IS a break of TOS, for example, but we don't give A SHIT about that]) but, they boost anyway. For me, this is hypocritical.

If i consider something cheating, i don't do it. End of the story. On Call of Duty: World at War, i was offered the chance to unlock way more easily the trophies about the special weapons (the monkey, etc) by entering an hacked lobby. I refused, because is cheating entering in an hacked lobby.

On GTA V, there is a RP generator (watch on youtube, there are plenty of videos about that) that can give you all RP that you want, but THAT is CHEATING and i will not do it.

And there are other examples, but what's the catch? The catch is that if one wants to boost, it's ok. Don't annoy him because boosting is this, boosting is that etc, because not all are PROs in multiplayer (my self, for example) and not all wants to lose 100+ hours to get all online trophies (my self again, for example). Peace :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrettyBoy said:

How is that hacker not banned from this site? He brags about hacking people’s Warhawk stats but hacking is against the rules on psn.

Do you want to ban him? I know I would rather have a line of communication open with my enemy in hope I'd be able to talk some sense into them. If you kill his outlet here, he'll have no reason to stop what he's doing and nobody to rebut his view on why he's doing it.

Come on people. I knew this site has some dull ones in it, but this thread is putting a highlighter on them. Yall need to sharpen your tools. Crying and complaining are going to get you nowhere. I know watching the American political system at the moment makes it look like being a whining little bitch gets you everything, but it really doesn't. Try cunning. Try debate. Try conversation. 

• Like 3