Putting me back on the leaderboards despite the issue with those trophies would not effect much.

Deathon6
By Deathon6 in Flagged Game Disputes,
So a few years ago back in 2015 I was playing a zombie game with some randoms. One of those randoms happened to be a modder and that modder unlocked 14 of my bronze zombie trophies. I didn't ask him to he just did it.    Now this happened 1 year before I joined psnprofiles. At the time I wasn't thinking of the consequences syncing my illegitimately earned trophies would have on me years later. To me it was 14 trophies I didn't have to worry about working on anymore. Looking back I wish I hadn't synced them. I wish I would of known not to and I wish I had known how to lock them again by creating a new user account on my ps3. But at the time I didn't know you could do that. I just figured once they were unlocked that there was no way to get them locked back up again. If Sony ever makes it possible to relock trophies back up so they can be obtained again; these 14 trophies will defiantly be getting locked back up because I would love to be able to earn these trophies legitimately like I wish I could have done.    Below I would like to explain to you guys how taking me off the leaderboards hasn't effected it and would not effect it if I got put back on.    The Game in question is Call Of Duty World at War.   These are the 14 trophies that were not obtained legitimately. I am also going to put the date and time I got that trophy and the date and time the player in 50th place on the first achievers leaderboards got that trophy and tell you how many people on the first achievers leaderboards would be effected if I were to be put back on the leaderboards.  __________________________________________________________________________ Trophy                                        Me                               50th Place                         Effected   Hammer Time         14 Sept 2015 03:57:08 PM    (11th Jun 2009 2:23:31 PM)              0   It's a Trap                 14 Sept 2015 9:56:23 PM    (12th Jun 2009 10:42:15 AM)             0   Weapons of MD       14 Sept 2015 9:57:21 PM   (11th Jun 2009 11:08:57 AM)              0           Perk-a-holic              14 Sept 2015 9:57:01 PM  (11th Jun 2009 1:37:22 PM)                0   Fertilizer Man           14 Sept 2015 9:56:14 PM   (11th Jun 2009 12:18:46 PM)              0
Dead Head               14 Sept 2015 9:56:31 PM  (11th Jun 2009 9:36:02 PM)                 0
Big Baller                  14 Sept 2015 9:57:27 PM  (12th Jun 2009 10:39:14 AM)              0
Big Brawler               14 Sept 2015 9:56:42 PM (11th Jun 2009 1:22:53 PM)                  0   Soul Survivor            14 Sept 2015 9:56:53 PM (11th Jun 2009 2:01:26 PM)                   0
40 knifes                   14 Sept 2015 9:57:43 PM  (6th Aug 2009 1:04:28 PM)                   0
Der Electrician          14 Sept 2015 9:58:00 PM (6th Aug 2009 11:23:59 AM)                  0
Frequent Flyer           14 Sept 2015 9:57:38 PM  (6th Aug 2009 4:55:52 PM)                  0
Wacker Packer          14 Sept 2015 9:57:32 PM (6th Aug 2009 11:35:31 AM)                 0
Pack Addict                14 Sept 2015 9:57:50 PM (6th Aug 2009 5:36:59 PM)                  0 ____________________________________________________________________________   As you can see putting me back on the leaderboards would effect absolutely no one on the first achievers leaderboards since it only keeps track of the top 50 and the player in 50th place for all those trophies mentioned above earned it in 2009 where I obtained it in 2015. 6 years after they obtained it.  _____________________________________________________________________________________   Now let's look at the leaderboards for the World, my country (The United States) and Call of Duty World at War.   Right now I have 1,049 trophies (14 of those trophies are the ones that were obtained illegitimately)    Here is the break down for all my trophies.    I have 11 Platinum, 48 gold, 202 Silver and 788 Bronze (14 of those bronze are the ones that were obtained illegitimately)    So where would I rank on the world leaderboards?   (Numbers in ( ) are how much more or less I have compared to them).   Well with all 1,049 trophies I would rank at 585,022th place at the time of this post.    The person in 585,021st place has 850 bronze (-62), 217 Silver (-15), 34 gold (14) and 11 Platinums (0)    The person in the current 585,022nd place has 698 bronze (90), 203 Silver (-1), 66 gold (-18) and 10 Platinums (-1)   Now let's see where I would rank had I never obtained those 14 illegitimately obtained trophies.    So this is what my trophy stats would look like if I had never obtained those 14 illegitimately obtained trophies.    I would have a total trophy count of 1,034 broken down to: 774 Bronze, 202 Silver, 48 gold and 11 Platinum.    If you plug those stats into the current leaderboards I would rank at 585,022th place. The same place I would rank with the 14 bronze trophies. That's because adding those 14 trophies would not place me any higher than the person above me and taking away those 14 trophies would not place me any lower than the person below me.  _____________________________________________________________________________________   Now what about for my country (The United States). Where would I rank on those leaderboards?    Well with all 1,049 trophies I would rank at 192,454th place at the time of this post.   The person in 192,453rd place has 823 Bronze (-35), 204 Silver (-2), 42 Gold (6) and 11 Platinums (0)   The person in the current 192,454th place has 677 bronze (111), 196 Silver (6), 71 gold (-23) and 10 Platinums (1)     Now let's see where I would rank had I never obtained those 14 illegitimately obtained trophies.   I would have a total trophy count of 1,034 broken down to: 774 Bronze, 202 Silver, 48 gold and 11 Platinum.    If you plug those stats into the current United States leaderboards I would rank at 192,454th place. The same place I would rank with the 14 bronze trophies. That's because adding those 14 trophies would not place me any higher than the person above me and taking away those 14 trophies would not place me any lower than the person below me.  _____________________________________________________________________________________   Now Let's look a the leaderboards for the game Call of Duty World at War.    My last legitimately earned trophy was earned on December 30th 2015     If you take all 62 trophies that I have for that game that would put me at 19,949th place on the leaderboards.    The person in 19,948th place earned their 62nd trophy on December 6th 2015  (24 days before me.)   The person in the current 19,949th place earned their 62nd trophy on January 4th 2016 (5 days after me)   Now let's see where I would rank had I never obtained those 14 illegitimately obtained trophies.   If I had never obtained those 14 illegitimately obtained trophies I would only have 48 trophies for that game unlocked with the last one being unlocked on December 30th 2015.    I would rank at 24,839th place (a difference of 4,890 places).    If you would like to check this out for yourself there will be links below.    _____________________________________________________________________________   Now I know that a difference of 4,890 places sounds like a lot. But let's be honest. Most people who are that low on the leaderboards don't really care where they rank. The only people that really care where they rank are those who are either at number 1, in the top 10, in the top 100 or in the top 1000s. But like I said. Most people who are at such a low rank like 19,000+ really aren't going to care that much. That's because being at rank 19,000+ really isn't that much to brag about compared to being at number 1 or in the top 10s, 100s or 1000s.    I could understand if putting me back on the leaderboards knocked down the person in 1st place down to 2nd place or the person in 1000th place down to 1001st place. But obviously that would never happen given my stats. I would however knock the person in 19,949th place down to 19,950th place and anyone below that would get knocked down by 1 to. But like I said because they are so low on the leaderboards I highly doubt they would care. However anyone that has a rank between 1 and  19,948 would be unaffected.    ____________________________________________________________________________________   My short story on why I think the person who reported me reported me.    I find it odd that 2 years goes by after I joined this site (3 years for the time of the incident) and all this time no one was ever bothered by this until now. People would look at my profile see my trophies and would never bat an eye over these 14 trophies. They would just ignore it and move on. I have a feeling that I wasn't reported because someone saw it as unfair. That person reported me because they were trying to get revenge on me for platinuming Twisted Metal.    You see; back when I was boosting Twisted Metal there was this random that was hell bent on preventing us from boosting it. He said he did not want to see the platinum become less rare. He tried and tried and tried but in the end his efforts to prevent us from boosting this game and platinuming it was futile. I honestly think that he was mad over the fact that he could not stop us and I honestly think that he went on to my psn profile trophy log to search for a way he could intact his revenge on me. Unfortunately for me he found it. I also think that he may have went on to the psn profile trophy log of everyone who boosted that game to find something to report them for so he could intact his revenge on them as well.  _____________________________________________________________________________________   Here are the links so you can check out my stats and where I would rank on the leaderboards if I was added back.    My Trophy Proflle   World Leaderboards   United States Leaderboards   Call of Duty World at War Leaderboards (62 trophies) (Includes the 14 trophies)   Call of Duty World at War Leaderboards (48 Trophies) (Does Not include the 14 trophies)   My Trophy List for Call of Duty World at War   Disclaimer: The information provided above was accurate at the time of this post. However since the information on the leaderboards is always changing it may not be accurate when you view it.    ____________________________________________________________________________   You guys probably won't care either way. I'll probably just get told to hide the game if I want back on the leaderboards. The problem is; the platinum for Call of Duty World at War is one of my proudest platinums. and hiding it would hurt me more than being removed from the leaderboards. Think about it. Would you hide your proudest platinum even if there were some dlc trophies that were obtained illegitimately?    To me it's not just a platinum it was a huge victory on a game I thought I'd never beat.    If I could hide just the illegitimately obtained trophies I would.   We all make mistakes; that's what separates Humans and Protagonist. If you made a mistake I would give you a second chance. That's what I am asking for, a second chance.    If you have read and understand what I have explained in this post please leave your feedback below.    Thank You! 
  • 7 replies