Stan Lee is Dead (1922-2018)

Aecesaje_

21 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

I liked it, it probably will get an 30-40 on RT but it will be fun to see it with my friend that loves Pokémon, I can already see him saying "That Pokémon isn't from Gen 6 he is from Gen 4. Jesus this movie sucks"

Ya I love pokemon but I don't think I have ever watched an anime turned live action that wasn't complete shit.  I hope they prove me wrong, it does have hope with Ryan Reynolds.

18 hours ago, thepeaguy said:

I personally find it a bit odd to bereave over someone whom you've never met, just because they're successful as a professional in a particular craft. Well, to each their own, but it isn't something I indulge in.

I actually did meet Mr Lee once, albeit very briefly.

It's not uncommon at all for people to lament the loss of a celebrity that they're fond of.  We all have our favourite actors, singers, and so on, and we will all be sad when those figures that many of us will have known of throughout our lives are no longer around.

17 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Don't worry, no one dies at Marvel. They will just write him back in later. 

Seriously though, RIP to a man that entertained millions for decades.

That is my favorite Simpsons cameo of all time, even though it came after the "Golden" period of classic Simpsons. The whole thing is great, but Stan taking a personal hand in the Marvel vs DC rivalry is hilarious. Watching him force The Thing into the Batmobile is comedy gold, as is him putting Marvel comic books in the front of each stack.

Anyway, RIP Stan Lee. I always looked forward to his cameos in the MCU movies, and I loved his involvement in the LEGO Marvel games. I'm bummed that I won't see him in those roles anymore, but maybe Marvel could do something cool as a homage going forward. Stan always seemed like a genuinely nice person who went above and beyond for fans.

17 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

I wanna laugh but is it an appropriate time to do so?

I never met him, but I'm pretty sure that Stan would want you to laugh. His many cameos showed he had a great sense of humor, and why can't we remember the dead for how they made us laugh while they were alive?

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MosesRockefeller said:

That is my favorite Simpsons cameo of all time, even though it came after the "Golden" period of classic Simpsons. The whole thing is great, but Stan taking a personal hand in the Marvel vs DC rivalry is hilarious. Watching him force Thing into the Batmobile is comedy gold, as is him putting Marvel comic books in the front of each stack.

Anyway, RIP Stan Lee. I always looked forward to his cameos in the MCU movies, and I loved his involvement in the LEGO Marvel games. I'm bummed that I won't see him in those roles anymore, but maybe Marvel could do something cool as a homage going forward. Stan always seemed like a genuinely nice person who went above and beyond for fans.

I never met him, but I'm pretty sure that Stan would want you to laugh. His many cameos showed he had a great sense of humor, and why can't we remember the dead for how they made us laugh while they were alive?

Exactly :) I think as an entertainer the biggest crime would to be morose in a time of passing. It is like Graham Chapman's funeral. People were sad but they made sure to make others laugh.

5 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

That is my favorite Simpsons cameo of all time, even though it came after the "Golden" period of classic Simpsons. The whole thing is great, but Stan taking a personal hand in the Marvel vs DC rivalry is hilarious. Watching him force The Thing into the Batmobile is comedy gold, as is him putting Marvel comic books in the front of each stack.

You got a point. I was really upset when Robin Williams passed but made sure to laugh at all his stuff (not hard to do) cause I knew that's what he'd want.