Can't buy anything on the PS store

Xugashi

Hey guys!

So I'm in a bit of a pickle here, I redeemed a 20$ PSN card on the store only to get hit by a payment wall. I have the option to choose between credit card, paypal or to redeem a card. The issue here is that whenever I try to redeem my PSN card in order to pay it's already invalid. I have 20 bucks in my wallet and I can't use it! Anybody know a way to resolve this?

Here's a pic to show you guys what I mean:

https://www.deviantart.com/xugashi/art/Can-t-confirm-772351223?ga_submit_new=10%3A1542059856

1 minute ago, Kironken said:

Did you have the 20$ in your wallet before you used the psn card?

Yes and no. You know how you scroll down the list of options all the way down you have redeem code's, right? I redeemed my code which contained 20$, then I put my game in the cart, went on to confirm my purchase and the only option I had was add payment method which consists of credit card, paypal or redeem code. When I tried to redeem my code through the payment method's I can't because I already redeemed before I tried to confirm my purchase...:( So I'm now sitting with 20 bucks in my wallet unable to confirm my purchase. I suggest you try it out for yourself to see what I mean.

4 minutes ago, Xugashi said:

Yes and no. You know how you scroll down the list of options all the way down you have redeem code's, right? I redeemed my code which contained 20$, then I put my game in the cart, went on to confirm my purchase and the only option I had was add payment method which consists of credit card, paypal or redeem code. When I tried to redeem my code through the payment method's I can't because I already redeemed before I tried to confirm my purchase...:( So I'm now sitting with 20 bucks in my wallet unable to confirm my purchase. I suggest you try it out for yourself to see what I mean.

To be clear: You redeemed your code before putting your items in your cart?

Than after putting everything in your cart you're trying to redeem the some code again?

Because that's how it sounds for me.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MarkusT1992 said:

To be clear: You redeemed your code before putting your items in your cart?

Than after putting everything in your cart you're trying to redeem the some code again?

Because that's how it sounds for me.

No, see I redeemed the code beforehand, put my game in the cart and then when you want to confirm your purchase you have the option to pay, right? Well I can't pay because there is no pay option, only "payment method" as can be seen in the picture which. Hope that clears things up, whenever you click on "payment method" you only have the option to add a credit card, paypal or the option to redeem code. Since I already redeemed my code I can't pay for my game therefore not download it.

6 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

I have a dumb question.  So, you have $20.31 in your wallet, if you only try to purchase the Capcom game, what happens?

Exactly that, that monster hunter dlc was removed from the cart which means that I'm trying to pay for a game which is 19.99 bucks which is well within my wallet but I can't pay because the option to pay is not there, only payment method.

2 minutes ago, Xugashi said:

No, see I redeemed the code beforehand, put my game in the cart and then when you want to confirm your purchase you have the option to pay, right? Well I can't pay because there is no pay option, only "payment method" as can be seen in the picture which. Hope that clears things up, whenever you click on "payment method" you only have the option to add a credit card, paypal or the option to redeem code. Since I already redeemed my code I can't pay for my game therefore not download it.

Exactly that, that monster hunter dlc was removed from the cart which means that I'm trying to pay for a game which is 19.99 bucks which is well within my wallet but I can't pay because the option to pay is not there, only payment method.

That has happened to me before.  Try logging out and starting over again, but this time only add the Capcom game.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xugashi said:

You see that the total price of your items is 38.08$? You redeemed a 20$ code so you have a total of 20.31$ in your account.

Your are missing around 18$ to buy everything. You can't expect to be able to buy something with not enough money.

Your only solutions are to add more fund or to remove things from your cart.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 1

Just now, MarkusT1992 said:

You see that the total price of your items is 38.08$? You redeemed a 20$ code so you have a total of 20.31$ in your account.

Your are missing around 18$ to buy everything. You can't expect to be able to buy something with not enough money.

No dude that monster hunter dlc was removed, I only wanted the capcom game which was 19.99 bucks and I have in my wallet 20.31 bucks.

1 minute ago, rpg49ers said:

Capcom bundle is $19.99 plus tax. So that more than $20.00 and requires more $$$.

Wait, what!? How much more!? T__T

2 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

That has happened to me before.  Try logging out and starting over again, but this time only add the Capcom game.  

I'll try that! thnx!

Just now, Xugashi said:

No dude that monster hunter dlc was removed, I only wanted the capcom game which was 19.99 bucks and I have in my wallet 20.31 bucks.

It's still on the picture.

But then it is like rpg49ers said. It's 19.99$ plus tax. I don't know how much tax it is because it's already in the price in Europ but it's probably more than your remaining 0.32$

• Like 1

Just now, MarkusT1992 said:

It's still on the picture.

But then it is like rpg49ers said. It's 19.99$ plus tax. I don't know how much tax it is because it's already in the price in Europ but it's probably more than your remaining 0.32$

Yeah I took the pic while it was in my cart still! :P So I need to add more money is what you guys are saying? Fair enough, I guess I'll add more, thanks for the fast replies guys, appreciated!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HyperBlueWRXY said:

That's really weird with tax system on the US Store. So on the store it shows the pre tax amount and then adds tax in checkout? Here in Australia it shows the Price inc.GST (Goods and Service Tax) so we know the exact total

The tax amount is different depending on where you are in the US. It's very uncommon for any store in the US to include the tax, they just leave it was a surprise for your bill.

Because the tax rate is going to be different in different parts of the US, probably Sony doesn't list include the tax in their prices so they can show the same price everywhere (and the price is accurate even if you're not logged in and have location detection disabled) and make the same profit no matter where the buyer is (eg- if the tax included price was the same everywhere, then they make less profit in states that have a 10% tax rate compared to a state with a 6% tax rate). They could show varying tax included prices but it would be a bit probablematic for marketing and location undetermined scenarios.

49 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

The tax amount is different depending on where you are in the US. It's very uncommon for any store in the US to include the tax, they just leave it was a surprise for your bill.

Because the tax rate is going to be different in different parts of the US, probably Sony doesn't list include the tax in their prices so they can show the same price everywhere (and the price is accurate even if you're not logged in and have location detection disabled) and make the same profit no matter where the buyer is (eg- if the tax included price was the same everywhere, then they make less profit in states that have a 10% tax rate compared to a state with a 6% tax rate). They could show varying tax included prices but it would be a bit probablematic for marketing and location undetermined scenarios.

Thanks for clarifying that! It seems like a very weird way of doing things, if your gonna have a tax system make it across all states to make things easier or just don't do it at all. 

1 hour ago, HyperBlueWRXY said:

Thanks for clarifying that! It seems like a very weird way of doing things, if your gonna have a tax system make it across all states to make things easier or just don't do it at all. 

It gets even more fun when you live on the border between two states. My grocery store made it a big marketing campaign that they didn't tax food because Minnesota doesn't have food tax, unlike the store across the border in which the state does have a food tax. However, cigarettes weren't taxed in the other state where they were taxed extremely high in Minnesota. Needless to say, most people would shop in both states to get the best deals. 

To OP, you can switch the address in your settings to a state with no tax on digital goods as long as you aren't using a credit card to pay. 

Just now, Kittet3 said:

It gets even more fun when you live on the border between two states. My grocery store made it a big marketing campaign that they didn't tax food because Minnesota doesn't have food tax, unlike the store across the border in which the state does have a food tax. However, cigarettes weren't taxed in the other state where they were taxed extremely high in Minnesota. Needless to say, most people would shop in both states to get the best deals. 

To OP, you can switch the address in your settings to a state with no tax on digital goods as long as you aren't using a credit card to pay. 

That's just confusing, we just know what's taxable and what isn't and all of Australia is the same

• 2 years later...

For anyone who googled till here. Seeing 3 payment method screen means that funds in your wallet are not enough.

It's confusing because they don't give you any hint about the tax:

xWrKVXX-RAej6CcIa_RFcg.png

It's even more confusing after you press Proceed to Checkout. They don't give you message like insufficient found. They just show you this:

k74XiBIeSYqqyilPaEoEcQ.png

So yeah, add more fund. In my case it was another $10. Only after you have purchased it they will show you total price on download screen:

_zRsDtQQQuGk7tdD5k5k6Q.png