Any reason to use PSN account on PSP nowdays?

PostalDudeRus

Hello guys, sorry, this question may sound dump, but I am confused about this.

So, I got my PSP very late (coz I've never been intrested in hand-held gaming devices until 2014). And since then all I did is played disc-based games and never tried to connect to PSN on it. Some of my friends said that Sony droped PSP services years ago and I can't do much on it, even download games directly from PS Store, other said completely different...so, should I try to connect to PS network on PSP? Or I miss nothing? 

P.S. sorry for bad english

P.P.S. I don't have PSP at disposal right now, so I can't try and see things for myself, but question is bothering me for few days already...

As of March 31, 2016, you can only download content from the PSN to the PSP via the PS3 (downloading the game to your PS3 and connecting your PSP to it via USB) or using the PC client called Media GO, which lets you download content from the store to the PSP via PC: https://www.lifewire.com/sony-media-go-for-psp-downloads-2792966

Edited by fabmorais_2011
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Arctic Cress said:

That's actually incorrect. You can still download PSP games on a PSP from the download list, you just can't purchase the actual content anymore (so you have to use the webstore or another system).

Hmm, I didn't know that. But the PSP doesn't support WPA2, so it's not safe to use it on WiFi (yes, WPA2 has been hacked also, but it's still safer than WEP and WPA1).

The Media GO app is decent, but if you still have a PS3, I'd just use that for downloading and transferring games to the PSP.

On 13/11/2018 at 3:07 PM, Arctic Cress said:

That's actually incorrect. You can still download PSP games on a PSP from the download list, you just can't purchase the actual content anymore (so you have to use the webstore or another system).

Oh, yes. Right. Yes, you can't access the store for purchases anymore, so you'd have to buy the games via the other available options.

7 hours ago, PostalDudeRus said:

Thanks for answers, but what about PSN messeges? Can I send/recive PM from PSP? Or if I launch game, can my friends see my status from other consoles?

I don't reckon you can, no.

• Like 1