Tech help required. Audio question.

Gr4de_04

Hello everyone. Unfortunately, someone accidentally knocked over my TV about 2 months ago, It broke and I wasn't able to use my Playstations. Now I decided a few days back to hook up my PS4 to my PC monitor because I still can't buy a new tv any time soon. However, there's 1 thing that annoys me.

Currently, my PS4 is outputting the audio through the speakers in my monitor, this is kinda annoying as I usually play late at night and use headphones because they are more clear but also because I don't wanna wake my family up. I was wondering if I somehow can let my PS4 output my audio to my headphones that are plugged into my PC.  Switching from PS4 to PC all the time is annoying and I can't plug it into the monitor because it needs a certain calibration that is provided through a USB connector that connects the audio jack with the PC. Both my PC and PS4 are connected with the monitor at all times, the PS4 through HDMI and the PC through a DP port.

I was wondering if anyone here would know of a method that allows me to output my PS4s audio into my PC-connected Headphones. Instead of having to listen to my monitor speakers.

Hey. I'm uncertain what you mean by "DP port"  White cable -> DVI and a blue cable -> VGA. 
I looked that DP thing up -> You mean Display Port right? That cable should be able to transport audio. However i think the limitations in point 2) and 3) wont make it work.

1) HDMI can Transport both audio and visuals over the same cable. DVI and VGA can't. So on that part it is impossible to get your audio on your headset that is connected to your pc.
2) Other technical limitation -> I don't think your monitor is capable of forwarding the audio it gets from the ps4 towards the pc headset. 
3) I dont think the ps4 system will see your headset that is connected to your pc as an output device. 

Can't you just connect your headset directly on your ps4 system?

Edited by knoef_NL

14 minutes ago, knoef_NL said:

2) Other technical limitation -> I don't think your monitor is capable of forwarding the audio it gets from the ps4 towards the pc headset. 

This is basically my problem. Not sure if it can, just asking how i can if it were possible.

16 minutes ago, knoef_NL said:

Can't you just connect your headset directly on your ps4 system?

24 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

Switching from PS4 to PC all the time is annoying and I can't plug it into the monitor because it needs a certain calibration that is provided through a USB connector that connects the audio jack with the PC.