Tention-_-

It's Art Trophy BUG

19 posts in this topic

RDR2

It's Art Trophy:

I completed the 4th request for Ms. Hobbs, mailed them in. Slept 24 hours while having ALL perfect carcasses in inventory for the follow up list (Request 5) cedar waxwing, bat, bluejay, crow, beaver. Received request and mailed those in and now I am not getting the invitation from Ms.Hobbs to obtain the statue. I’ve slept at least 48 hours prior to completing the 5th and final request. No invitation.

Just read Powerpyx guide on hunting request to find out that if you have perfect carcasses in inventory for the followup request you could potentially glitch the game.

What do I do? Am I out of luck here?
Edited by Tention-_-

I also was aware of this bug and saved my game everytime I send her the carcasses.

So maybe you have a save ?

I think if you have a save and discard one of them and go for that animal again it might work.

3 minutes ago, KingTom95 said:

I also was aware of this bug and saved my game everytime I send her the carcasses.

So maybe you have a save ?

I think if you have a save and discard one of them and go for that animal again it might work.

Hopefully I have a save. I'm scared that I saved after I sent them all in.

Just now, thecoolgamerz511 said:

Hi I see your struggling I am too just found out you have to kill the animals in a single hit hope this helps

Thats not my issue man. Read the post again.

I accidently had a perfect bat corpse in my inventory when I got the 5th request, didn't glitch for me and counted the bat as completed. I was aware of the risk

Edited by Erkawest

16 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I accidently had a perfect bat corpse in my inventory when I got the 5th request, didn't glitch for me and counted the bat as completed. I was aware of the risk

I don't think having one or two of them in your inventory is dangerous but in my case I had every single one of them. And mailed almost instantly. I don't see why that would be an issue but apparently it is. Gotta love Rockstar.

2 hours ago, Tention-_- said:

I don't think having one or two of them in your inventory is dangerous but in my case I had every single one of them. And mailed almost instantly. I don't see why that would be an issue but apparently it is. Gotta love Rockstar.

I think there's always a chance.

On the last request i had 3/5 and it still glitched out for me luckily I made a save after reloaded it worked.

So I think it can happen on every request as long as you have one animal earlier in your inventory.

For me also one set of cigarette pictures are glitched out and i had to find it again, highly recommend for other people to save their game everytime they send something quest related.

Edited by KingTom95

Have you guys solved the issue? I have couple extra birds in my satchel and I don't want to encounter this problem.

edit. I'll make sure to make backup save before each mail and see how it goes.

Also, I have read somewhere that 5th request unlocks very late to the game, possibly after epilogue.

Edited by HusKyCode

55 minutes ago, HusKyCode said:

Also, I have read somewhere that 5th request unlocks very late to the game, possibly after epilogue.

Yeah in my playthrough the last request unlock near the end epilogue part 1.

The tracking counter isn't perfect. I collected a perfect opossum but was missing a chipmunk. The opossum was ticked in the tracker (pressing left on the d-pad). By the time I collected the chipmunk the opossum had degraded and I needed a new one, despite it still being ticked in the tracker -  I tried sending the mail anyway but it didn't work until I had a new perfect opossum.

More specifically about the reported bug, I also had all five animals on me when I collected the 5th request and I turned it in immediately. I freaked out a bit when nothing happened. I slept for about 2.5 days waiting for the mission to advance and for the next letter to arrive but it took some riding around (10 minutes real time) as well as the sleeping before I got new mail.

Then I got the mail and couldn't open it for another 5 minutes real time. 

It all turned out okay for me in the end and I needn't have panicked. Long story short, make a backup save for sure, but yet, I haven't really seen someone's legitimate full account of DEFINITELY not achieving it on any forum... but maybe I didn't look hard enough. 

Some added tips:

- critters that you put in your satchel DO NOT DEGRADE. Only animals that you hang on your horse will degrade.

- the animals that will degrade are: opossum, skunk and beaver. Catch them last when you do a round of hunting.

- get the buck trinket (helps turn a "good" carcass into a "perfect" carcass about 50% of the time that it actually says "good" as you look at it on the ground) and get the pronghorn trinket (stops any animal from degrading).

15 minutes ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

Get the buck trinket (helps turn a "good" carcass into a "perfect" carcass about 50% of the time that it actually says "good" as you look at it on the ground) and get the pronghorn trinket (stops any animal from degrading).

Woah, didn't even know this stuff existed. That's some legit pro tip right there, thanks!

@GonzoWARgasm's buck trinket trick is a must, but I'm under the impression it only works for parts obtained through skinning, and for the very small game or birds which you neither skin nor pluck. Because I am yet to witness a carcass quality upgrade for moderate and up (in this case, the opossum, skunk and beaver), for which the pronghorn trinket is indeed really useful. Been stuck with 2 * opossums for the last two days.

9 minutes ago, KennethMcCormick said:

@GonzoWARgasm's buck trinket trick is a must, but I'm under the impression it only works for parts obtained through skinning, and for the very small game or birds which you neither skin nor pluck. Because I am yet to witness a carcass quality upgrade for moderate and up (in this case, the opossum, skunk and beaver), for which the pronghorn trinket is indeed really useful. Been stuck with 2 * opossums for the last two days.

In fairness, the beaver and opossum are large enough that I didn't really have to focus too much on a headshot. I am only partly sure that the skunk carcass upgraded as I never went collecting perfect carcasses for anything else (all of Pearson's/trapper's crafting is meh IMO). 

It definitely works around 50% for the skinning and for critters that go in the satchel whole, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for other full carcasses. Let me know if you find out different though :)

One last tip! Ignore the bow and the small game arrows unless you specifically need them for the survivalist challenge. The varmint rifle is easier. Headshots for beavers should be with a rifle such as the bolt action.

53 minutes ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

It definitely works around 50% for the skinning and for critters that go in the satchel whole, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for other full carcasses. Let me know if you find out different though :)

Will do.

Yesterday I spent a few hours hunting, for most of the Master Hunter and Survivalist challenges and the hunting requests, with like 90% head shots, and I'm almost certain I never had an animal you can skin be upgraded.

The way I see it, the trinket-powered upgrade is computed when you pluck or skin the animal you picked up, unless the animal is so small you can't do that, where it's the picking it up/putting it in the satchel that does the trick. I'll try tonight to kill a few 2 * animals and just pick them up and drop them back, or pick them up and store them on the horse, see if there's an upgrade, but I'm not very optimistic :).

[Edit :] Come to think of it, it's the killing that does the trick, because I remember shooting whole flocks of birds and having 2* and 3* birds lay at my feet... So much for that theory.

Edited by KennethMcCormick

After a few tests (and a few hours trying to find a damn robin 😓 ), it appears my edit of the previous post was wrong. I guess A: I must have been lucky while shooting down a whole flock or - more likely - B: I remembered wrong. :D

I looked at a downed bird and distinctly saw 2*, yet when I picked it up, the notification was for a Perfect Carcass, so for the "satchel game", it's the scooping up that does it.

With bigger animals, they kept the quality of the kill: it you look at their carcass, and see 1* or 2*, the carcass won't upgrade with :square: , or at least it didn't on a dozen of kills, while the small game upgrade was pretty consistent. Yet I got some 3* pelts with 2* carcasses with :triangle:. What I can't guarantee, though, is if the live game was 2* or 3* before being shot down, meaning I'm still not 100% on the way the pelt upgrade works. I'm sure you can get a Perfect Pelt with a 3* animal that went 2* with the kill, not sure it would work with a 2* animal that kept its 2* through a clean kill.

On 11/13/2018 at 5:41 PM, Tention-_- said:

I had a VERY similar issue with cigarette cards. Met the guy, walked inside, and mailed every set of cards simultaneously. It checked off all the checkboxes for “X set sent” but not “all sets posted”. I fixed it by finding another full set and mailing them, and then the quest marked as completed. Perhaps could be a last ditch effort on your part to redo the request?

Oh boy, the hunting requests are indeed buggy as hell. I was 3/5 in request 4, then picked up bullfrog and I was at 5/5 with skunk still missing. Couldn't mail them of course, had to find that skunk anyway. Also my perfect beaver carcass outright disappeared after I reloaded my auto save.

To make this is painless as possible, make sure to create some backup saves along the way. And of course use those 2 trinkets (pronghorn, buck) GonzoWARgasm mentioned in his post.

Edited by HusKyCode