Spyro 1 trophies are mostly good - save one

PolarPhantom

So, I just finished Platinuming Spyro 1. I think the trophies added are pretty fun for the most part. They use the preexisting game and add little fun activities for you to do.

I even like the Skill Points and appreciate how they seem to have been designed to be slightly more challenging, some requiring searching for specific and hard to find objects.

I'm proud to say I earned every trophy and Skill Point without a guide

except for the Gears one in Twilight Harbour.

I got close. Real close. But I couldn't find that last lousy gear! So I used a guide. And I'm not too ashamed because I think that the gears blend into the background way too much.

Literally everything you need to collect to get everything is designed to stand out: Gems, Dragons, enemies, chests etc.

But those gears are black. Some of them are in poorly lit areas. And one is literally placed on a black surface. Honestly, if it weren't for that gear, it wouldn't be so bad, but I do think it would have been better to colour them that Stainless Steel grey.

But I'm not a game designer, and the rest of this remake is so solid, I don't wanna harp on too much. Like I said, it was literally only one badly placed collectible. So I can't be too petty.

I'll start 2 and watch the intro, but I think I'll take a break from Spyro for some hours.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, PolarPhantom said:

So, I just finished Platinuming Spyro 1. I think the trophies added are pretty fun for the most part. They use the preexisting game and add little fun activities for you to do.

I even like the Skill Points and appreciate how they seem to have been designed to be slightly more challenging, some requiring searching for specific and hard to find objects.

I'm proud to say I earned every trophy and Skill Point without a guide

except for the Gears one in Twilight Harbour.

I got close. Real close. But I couldn't find that last lousy gear! So I used a guide. And I'm not too ashamed because I think that the gears blend into the background way too much.

Literally everything you need to collect to get everything is designed to stand out: Gems, Dragons, enemies, chests etc.

But those gears are black. Some of them are in poorly lit areas. And one is literally placed on a black surface. Honestly, if it weren't for that gear, it wouldn't be so bad, but I do think it would have been better to colour them that Stainless Steel grey.

But I'm not a game designer, and the rest of this remake is so solid, I don't wanna harp on too much. Like I said, it was literally only one badly placed collectible. So I can't be too petty.

I'll start 2 and watch the intro, but I think I'll take a break from Spyro for some hours.

I'm enjoying the first game for the most part, besides having trouble on two levels getting the rest of the gems... But Spyro 2 has always been my favorite out of the series. The other don't compare for me. 

• Like 1

The game is really stunning to look at and I'm really enjoying playing with my favourite little purple dragon again. However I've encountered minor problem when playing, like for example the enemy hit box, when you're charging towards them from a far distance they will sometimes hit you anyway and some of the ledges you have to jump on seem a little harder this time round. Also another thing I'm not a big fan of are the speedway flying challanges as Spyro feels so 'heavy' to control du ring those... Might just be me ???

I do advise people to back up your save while playing through the game because even while I'm at Gnasty's World now I have encountered 3 trophies not unlocking when completing the requirements so I had to replay the mission again (I know it's not an issue as the missions are short, but just to be on the safe side if the 100% trophies don't unlock as apparently there is a glitch where the trophy won't pop up when unlocking Gnasty's Loot misssion according to PYX)

The trophies that didn't unlock for me when I did them were

1) Comin' Through!

2) Arachnophobe

3) Launch Date!

Once I exited the level and did the exact same as before the trophies for each respected one unlocked.

Edited by ZachBoardyHD
Grammar error.
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Gumby114 said:

or 2 and 3.......

proudest plats those 3 games! The time trials were a brilliant challenge.

I hope the Medievil trophy list is as good as these games.

I’d do them again because of the challenge. 

Except for The High Road in Crash 1. Terrible level to do the time trial. 

I almost wish they forced you to do the platinum time trials instead of the gold. Would of separated the men from the boys.

5 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

The game is really stunning to look at and I'm really enjoying playing with my favourite little purple dragon again. However I've encountered minor problem when playing, like for example the enemy hit box, when you're charging towards them from a far distance they will sometimes hit you anyway and some of the ledges you have to jump on seem a little harder this time round. Also another thing I'm not a big fan of are the speedway flying challanges as Spyro feels so 'heavy' to control du ring those... Might just be me 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

I do advise people to back up your save while playing through the game because even while I'm at Gnasty's World now I have encountered 3 trophies not unlocking when completing the requirements so I had to replay the mission again (I know it's not an issue as the missions are short, but just to be on the safe side if the 100% trophies don't unlock as apparently there is a glitch where the trophy won't pop up when unlocking Gnasty's Loot misssion according to PYX)

The trophies that didn't unlock for me when I did them were

1) Comin' Through!

2) Arachnophobe

3) Launch Date!

Once I exited the level and did the exact same as before the trophies for each respected one unlocked.

Ya I noticed some of the trophies are buggy.  Launch date bugged for me where I had hit all 4 and it didn't go off and right before ending the level I went up a ramp instead of down and it triggered the trophy, a ramp I had already gone down.   

21 hours ago, Spaz said:

I almost wish they forced you to do the platinum time trials instead of the gold. Would of separated the men from the boys.

I think, grammatically, you're doing a pretty great job of that right now.

Would have*

It's just down to memorization and time invested.  You're just separating people based on time prioritization.

On 14/11/2018 at 4:00 PM, Spaz said:

As the owner of the High Road Plat- I completely agree. However I worked hard to plat all crash plat time trials because I love the games. I feel more rewarded because I did it because I wanted too. Not because a trophy told me to.