Conservationist 2

LunchCannon54

Is it just me or is this really hard? 

I was trying to do this first time around but gave up and just abused the fodder and ended the fight.

Gulp is just so fast here. The charge attack has been modified so he actually leaps at you rather than just kind of lazily bellyflopping in the original. 

His cannon also seems to fire near constantly and the shots track where you're running. In the original game from what I remember he only very rarely uses them and they have a ridiculously slow windup and fire rate.The problems with the camera in this release also come to a head as you constantly have to look up for the lasers and wrestle with it when you're trying to avoid the charge. Get hit twice and you might as well restart from there as the chickens start dropping and he starts healing.

Of course with the permanent superflame this trophy is a complete non-issue but doing it the normal way is just maddening. 

• Like 2

This boss fight was made extremely harder compared to the originals. 

I honestly feel this was way harder than Ripto. What I noticed is if you are tackling this the same way you would in the original games you would get crushed by Gulp.

In the original games you could simply run in circles and his cannons would attack where you where, so if you are constantly in motion you are not at risk. Toys for Bob have sneakily designed this boss fight so that Gulp anticipates your placement based on your current movement. If you move left as soon as he fires (from a stationary position) his next attack will be slightly to the left of where you already are.

This can be exploited by moving back and forth (left to right, when his cannons are aiming)

Also when he charges you and goes to squash you it is now much easier to run underneath him compared to in a loop.

Just some tips, hopefully they help, I managed to get him down to 1-2 health this way with no damage but ultimately just used the permanent superflame method.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

In the original games you could simply run in circles and his cannons would attack where you where, so if you are constantly in motion you are not at risk. Toys for Bob have sneakily designed this boss fight so that Gulp anticipates your placement based on your current movement. If you move left as soon as he fires (from a stationary position) his next attack will be slightly to the left of where you already are.

This can be exploited by moving back and forth (left to right, when his cannons are aiming)

Yeah I know that and am capable of dodging most of the time, it's just when he fires as often as he does in this version that you eventually start making mistakes. The eggs also seem to have a much lower drop rate that they do in the original version. 

I struggled to get the trophy and skill point on Gulp for quite a bit but I managed to found a tactic that makes it actually pretty simple.

So for everyone having trouble with this as well, here are some TIPS and TRICKS in order to take no damage:

1) Avoiding his basic attacks: * for his LEAP attack: stand still and let him come to you, start dashing away to the side right when he is about to     jump on you. Do Not let him chase you cause his jump can sometimes have a nasty long range on it

* for his CANNONS: stand right in front of Gulp and start walking left (or right) and as soon as he fires his first shot,                                  quickly alternate direction to the right (or left) and repeat this after his second shot. This also works when he                                              shoots 4 or even 6 times, even though you might get unlucky if your timing is a bit off.

2) Hit him multipe times at once: every time you hit Gulp he will jump and his landing will cause all available weapons or eggs to be           destroyed, however, a rocket missile that is already in Spyros mouth will still be there. Abuse this                                                               mechanic to take away 2 hit points at once by swallowing a missile and then moving to a barrel and using                                                   the barrel on him first, or by going to another missile, fire the first one and then quickly pick the other one up.

3) Do not let him pick up any weapons: the attacks from the weapons are the most difficult ones to avoid. Make sure to always get close   to an egg as soon as they drop and use whatever is inside quickly, if it is a rocket you can try to go for the tactic of htting him twice, but as soon as he starts moving to a weapon, shoot him.

4) Do also keep in mind that as long as you dont get hit yourself, there will come no fodder out of the eggs. It is recommended that, when going for the trophy, you also make sure not to get hit since Gulp will also use the fodder to heal himself, which basically almost resets the entire fight. As soon as you get hit...start over.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

On 14.11.2018 at 9:51 AM, Mr_Wright95 said:

In the original games you could simply run in circles and his cannons would attack where you where, so if you are constantly in motion you are not at risk. Toys for Bob have sneakily designed this boss fight so that Gulp anticipates your placement based on your current movement.

That's why it felt so difficult as I didn't remember the fight to be difficult back in the day.