Fast Travel Quirk

Mr_Wright95

For anyone looking to try and set a "speed run" Time or even people just looking to be efficient with their time, keep the following in mind.

The Fast travel system, new to Spyro, is very handy, however it has some nuances. Quite often I would finish a level (by getting the Talisman) and then backtrack through the level to collect any missing orbs or gems.

On completion you receive the 100% world completion message and so on a few occasions I would then fast travel to the Hub world and exit out of the world I was in.

This however DOES NOT count your Talisman for unlocking that HUB world's Boss Fight. Now this is only a minor issue and it simply means you need to go back to that world and re-collect the Talisman, but it can be quite mindless going through a desolate 100%ed world again because you jumped the gun and exited out via the menu, instead of via the Return to Home portal.

Hopefully this saves you some time as it's a really easy mistake to make.

Sorry for multiple posts, my internet had a moment and I didn't think it had gone through! (I EVEN RETYPED this one because i didn't think the other went through)

Edited by Mr_Wright95
multiple posts, internet error
  • Like 1

Helps a ton, I have completed 50% of the game so far while avoiding all trophy unlocks....when I'm at the end Ill go back to begin and speed unlock each trophy req then fast travel to the next level should easily be able to crush the current time provided nothing goes wrong.

1 hour ago, Asmund89 said:

Helps a ton, I have completed 50% of the game so far while avoiding all trophy unlocks....when I'm at the end Ill go back to begin and speed unlock each trophy req then fast travel to the next level should easily be able to crush the current time provided nothing goes wrong.

Halfway through the game I realised people would be able to set very fast Gap Platinum Time's by ignoring specific things that would trigger a trophy, but still be progressing through the game.

Goodluck :) curious to see what time you manage!

Keep in mind that this isn't nearly as benign in Spyro 3. Levels there aren't programmed to do a full reset every time you re-enter, so if you complete a level and exit through the menu, the egg will count as collected, but the world won't count as completed, and you will be unable to interact with the end-of-level NPC again. Meaning your save file just got ruined and you can't progress further. I lost a save like that, fortunately an early one.

22 hours ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

Goodluck :) curious to see what time you manage!

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/8207-spyro-2-riptos-rage

Check it out

There was a bugged trophy that snared me by 30 minutes (It was called Bug Control ironically).  Then some random trouble spots that I hadn't planned for but ultimately not bad, I think it can be shaved by another 35 minutes or more honestly, just a matter of time till someone does it flawlessly.

4 hours ago, Asmund89 said:

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/8207-spyro-2-riptos-rage

Check it out

There was a bugged trophy that snared me by 30 minutes (It was called Bug Control ironically).  Then some random trouble spots that I hadn't planned for but ultimately not bad, I think it can be shaved by another 35 minutes or more honestly, just a matter of time till someone does it flawlessly.

Congrats mate, Awesome Time!