Command and Conquer 1&2 are getting remastered

kidson2004

6 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

Call me when they do Red Alert 1 and 2.

What's your number?

Electronic Arts revealed today that the Command & Conquer remasters it teased in October will begin with Tiberian Dawn, the story of the first Tiberium War between the Global Defense Initiative and the Brotherhood of Nod that was told in the original Command & Conquer, and the alt-universe Command & Conquer: Red Alert, along with all their expansions, which will be bundled with the base games.

"We have decided to remaster Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn," creative director Jim Vessella writes in a blog post for the announcement. "And while this is incredibly exciting on its own, we’re also aware of how passionate the community is about the Red Alert universe. So, we will also remaster the original Command & Conquer: Red Alert. But what about the classic expansion packs you may ask – Covert Ops, Counterstrike, and Aftermath?  Well, C&C and Red Alert wouldn’t be the same without them, so all three expansion packs will be bundled with the base games into one remastered collection – without microtransactions."

Edited by grifteskymfning
  • Like 2

Definitely going to try this out when it releases. Even though these two aren't my favorites in the series, I would love to see how the remasters turn out. Of course, I hope this opens them up to doing Tiberian Sun/Firestorm and Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge. 

4 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Yes they are. I’ll be getting them as I’ve never played a C&C game ever. 

They are? I may get them on here but I think I’d prefer PC. RTS doesn’t translate well into consoles (Control wise). However, I may just get on both platforms depending on the trophy list

18 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Yes they are. I’ll be getting them as I’ve never played a C&C game ever. 

On the EA website for the remasters, it only mentions PC and not consoles 

https://www.ea.com/news/details-command-and-conquer-remastered

Fellow Command & Conquer fans,

A month ago, we let the Command & Conquer™ community know we were bringing the franchise back to the PC, starting with a remaster initiative.  The reaction from fans has been amazing, with many of you sharing your favorite C&C moments from the past 23 years. We have been reading these comments and listening intently.  And now, we are ready to reveal our first PC offering and how your suggestions are already influencing our approach

Edited by SnowxSakura

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

On the EA website for the remasters, it only mentions PC and not consoles 

https://www.ea.com/news/details-command-and-conquer-remastered

Fellow Command & Conquer fans,

A month ago, we let the Command & Conquer2122.png community know we were bringing the franchise back to the PC, starting with a remaster initiative.  The reaction from fans has been amazing, with many of you sharing your favorite C&C moments from the past 23 years. We have been reading these comments and listening intently.  And now, we are ready to reveal our first PC offering and how your suggestions are already influencing our approach

Well, there goes any chance of me playing it. 

8 minutes ago, bpmotard said:

Give me your number ahah. They are remaking the 1st C&C AND Red Alert 1 with all expansions. (Remember when they were EXPANSIONS and not DLC, how times have changes)

Well Activision Blizzard games still get actual expansions for example...

... the problem is that they're "masked" as game updates with the new expansion-exclusive content locked behind a paywall.

Edited by Lance_87