PS4's 5th Anniversary!

Terra

Last year, with mediocre-gameplay-but-wow-what-a-story Horizon Zero Dawn, and finally-they-got-rid-of-Nate-and-Elena Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

Spider-Man was okay, but God Of War was very boring to me and I haven't even bothered with Red Dead Redemption II yet (if we count non-exclusives, but then this year saw the awesome Hitman 2 so it evens out).

This year will be awesome though if The Messenger manages to hit PS4 before the end of the year. It came out on Switch and Steam a few months ago and it's definitely my GOTY 2018.

This year had some great non-exclusive indies in stuff like Yoku's Island Express and Celeste and Runner3 and such, though. Don't think I've seen a year so packed with great indies yet.

Edited by Agent 47
  • Like 2

5 years ago Playstation were working hard to be the best and become once again the prestigious brand they once were... And here we are 5 years later with them being entitled assh*les censoring everything and acting like they rule the gaming business, such progress !

Hopefully the next 5 years humbles them.

And I'm saying this as someone who's been a Playstation guy since the PS1.

• Like 3

PS4 is really great. Not really looking forward to a "ps5" . Got the VR system almost a year now. I love it. 

I think every year is the best year. Games are improving so much. The remastered version of games is also doing a fine job. 
This year was great with God of War, Spiderman & Spyro. But next year will also have great games like Resident Evil 2 Remaster, Last of us 2(?!) , Days gone, and Kingdom Hearts...

Butttt if I HAD TO CHOOSE. I would go for........ 

Spoiler

2015 - The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
Afbeeldingsresultaat voor the witcher 3 wild hunt

• Like 1

I feel like 2017 was the best year for PS4 and even for this generation of gaming. You had quite a few worthwhile exclusives like Yakuza 0, Persona 5 and Gravity Rush 2. There were also some great timed exclusives like Nioh and NieR: Automata. If you want to look at non-exclusive titles on PS4, you had a lot of solid entries like Resident Evil 7 and The Evil Within 2.

2015, 16 and 18 were good, but there were less notable exclusives on PS4 from those years.

I'm also not ready for PS5 at all. There are a ton of titles I haven't even touched this generation, so I have no intention of picking up a PS5 if it comes out in a year or two. The only way I'd even consider that is if Persona 6 or God of War 2 releases alongside its launch, which I highly doubt. 

6 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

5 years ago Playstation were working hard to be the best and become once again the prestigious brand they once were... And here we are 5 years later with them being entitled assh*les censoring everything and acting like they rule the gaming business, such progress !

Hopefully the next 5 years humbles them.

And I'm saying this as someone who's been a Playstation guy since the PS1.

Same here, i'm bad with words so i couldn't think of a way to say it without seeming salty. They've really been going backwards and Nintendo has actually been doing good and i don't even like Nintendo games.
I'm really considering just saving up and switching to PC cause steam sometimes gets the banned/censored games on PS4 completely fine, still use PS4/Vita for exclusives though.

There's still so many games i got to play that even if the PS5 came out soon i got so much stuff to play i wouldn't get it for a while.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xM1s3RYJ0k3Rzz said:

say it without seeming salty.

This reminds me of a running joke in my house, regarding the seasoning of food. There's three levels of salt seasoning in my house, being:

-"None": No salt at all

-"Some": Just a couple light taps on the shaker

-"Gaming forum": Throw that shaker around like you're the fry cook at McDonalds

Typically when someone requests "Gaming forum", someone else has to respond with "Hahaha, oooooh..."

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 3:35 PM, knoef_NL said:

But next year will also have great games like Resident Evil 2 Remaster,

There is a remaster along with the new game?? We have Resident Evil 2 (a new game based on the Resident Evil 2) but are they remastering the original as well? This is the problem with words being used wrong.

We have Ace Combat 7 next year as well and Darksiders next week too. I know they are not exclusives.

28 minutes ago, Void said:

There is a remaster along with the new game?? We have Resident Evil 2 (a new game based on the Resident Evil 2) but are they remastering the original as well? This is the problem with words being used wrong.

We have Ace Combat 7 next year as well and Darksiders next week too. I know they are not exclusives.

boehoe go cry me a river, you know exactly what i mean. I'm sorry i dont master English as a second language.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, knoef_NL said:

boehoe go cry me a river, you know exactly what i mean. I'm sorry i dont master English as a second language.

To do some positive criticism instead, as the other post didn't help with anything: the word you were looking for was remake.

Note that I'm not sure if the RE2 thing next year is a remake or a remaster, I'm just going by context.

On 15.11.2018 at 9:34 PM, itachi-destroyer said:

And here we are 5 years later with them being entitled assh*les censoring everything and acting like they rule the gaming business, such progress !

With everything you mean a handful of Japanese waifu simulators, that have content that's sexually problematic in the western hemisphere? :D

The above graphic is rather depressing. cod, cod, fifa, fifa, cod, fifa. It's like MS was right all along with their Xbox One presentation. Skip to 0:37

Edited by soniq

6 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

To do some positive criticism instead, as the other post didn't help with anything: the word you were looking for was remake.

Note that I'm not sure if the RE2 thing next year is a remake or a remaster, I'm just going by context.

It is actually neither a remake or a remaster. it is an adaptation or re-imagining due to the massive changes to the game overall. It is like the New Total Recall verses the Old Total Recall, It has the same Base elements but it is quite different overall.

7 hours ago, knoef_NL said:

you know exactly what i mean. I'm sorry i dont master English as a second language.

actually i did not know what you meant, that is part of the issue with text.