Update 1.07 Increased Ship Level

eGEORGE__

I was one upgrade away from a maxed out ship and the trophy when update 1.07 rolled out.

Looks like more upgrades have been added and are required for the trophy now.  I upgraded to the original max and the trophy did not unlock.

If you're close to maxing your ship, you may want to finish it offline because the new upgrades require a lot of material.

• Like 3

That's out of order. I was two away from completion and noticed last night that all of a suddenly I was nowhere near! It didn't really register at the time, but after I read your post I suddenly realised this. Surely, devs shoudn't be allowed to make trophies more difficult once they've been earned by others

• Like 1

I just noticed this as well. I was maxed out on everything and then when I went to go look at my new crew theme, I saw I wasn't maxed out anymore. I went back through the patch notes and didn't even see anything mentioned about this. They just kind of snuck it in there, but I suppose they have to since the enemies will get stronger with you like always, so if your 70, your ship needs to reflect that as well.

• Like 1

It's not too bad if you play the game very thoroughly, inc DLC. I haven't even finished the base game yet and I've now maxed 4 of the 9 squares even under the new rules. I'm not anticipating having to grind this out at any point.

Only people who this may affect are those who just want to dash to platinum and then pack up as fast as poss.

• Like 4

On 21/11/2018 at 7:19 AM, PainOfDemise said:

I just noticed this as well. I was maxed out on everything and then when I went to go look at my new crew theme, I saw I wasn't maxed out anymore. I went back through the patch notes and didn't even see anything mentioned about this. They just kind of snuck it in there, but I suppose they have to since the enemies will get stronger with you like always, so if your 70, your ship needs to reflect that as well.

Sure, there's nothing wrong with upping the ship levels, but they should have left the trophy requirements at the original max-out levels.

And I'm finding it a real pain because I'm charging through the player levels - at least one per session. I'm now at 54 and spending all my resources to keep my armour & weapons levelled up. So I never have any left to upgrade the ship, even after buying all the blacksmith's stock.

Edited by Xemik
Added more detail
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Xemik said:

Sure, there's nothing wrong with upping the ship levels, but they should have left the trophy requirements at the original max-out levels.

And I'm finding it a real pain because I'm charging through the player levels - at least one per session. I'm now at 54 and spending all my resources to keep my armour & weapons levelled up. So I never have any left to upgrade the ship, even after buying all the blacksmith's stock.

Personally, I recommend only upgrading weapons/armor once every 5-10 levels. I suppose it depends on what difficulty you're on, but on Normal there are very few instances where at level 59 my level 50 weapons/armor were failing me. Naval combat on the other hand...I was getting torn up and those extra upgrades really helped. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Personally, I recommend only upgrading weapons/armor once every 5-10 levels. I suppose it depends on what difficulty you're on, but on Normal there are very few instances where at level 59 my level 50 weapons/armor were failing me. Naval combat on the other hand...I was getting torn up and those extra upgrades really helped. 

That's what I did early on, but we're back to the lack of resources problem. I could usually manage to upgrade everything 1 or 2 levels, but once it got to 5+, the required resources were so high, I couldn't do them all. Mind you, is it possible that upgrading 5 levels uses less resources than 5 individual levels?

One thing that niggles me a little is that upgrading is all or nothing. I'd have liked to option to choose the level rather than force it to my current level.

As for ship levels, I've never had much of a problem. If my ship health got too low, I'd make a point of boarding a ship to recover my health. :D

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Xemik said:

That's what I did early on, but we're back to the lack of resources problem. I could usually manage to upgrade everything 1 or 2 levels, but once it got to 5+, the required resources were so high, I couldn't do them all. Mind you, is it possible that upgrading 5 levels uses less resources than 5 individual levels?

One thing that niggles me a little is that upgrading is all or nothing. I'd have liked to option to choose the level rather than force it to my current level.

As for ship levels, I've never had much of a problem. If my ship health got too low, I'd make a point of boarding a ship to recover my health. :D

I never checked whether or not individual levels cost more or less than every 5. I'm level 61 now and my stuff is at 60 so I guess next time I'm on I can jot down the amount for my weapon and keep track until 65. I would have to assume it costs less.

Engravings and stats can more than make up for lack of DPS. I can't remember the legendary daggers we use but they came with damage converting to poison damage so the effect of poison more than makes up for lack of DPS.

There were some instances on the sea where there would be 5+ ships and if some are elite they can take chunks of your life even if they are a pentaconter. :facepalm: 

• Like 1

Make sure to raise your mercenary rank in order to get the discount upgrades and the newer upgrades don't require Ancient Tablets at least.

Really though, unless you're rushing through the game you'll eventually have more resources than you'll know what to do with. I have 20k of everything aside from the Obsidian and precious gems but I have plenty of those as well and money practically rains from the sky

• Like 1

I noticed this aswell. Ugh...

Oh well, no rush really, as I'm having so much fun with this game.

Glad they're adding new trophies too, because that gives me that extra motivation! ^_^

@majob, luckily I reached max mercenary rank recently, so... good to know!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...