[Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.

Mako

29 minutes ago, Mako said:

Before we start, I did not create these programs and this isn't their 'intended' purpose, I cannot guarantee this will work for every game.

Method 1 (Windows required)
This method uses a application call PSX Download Helper. It's the easier of the methods

Download Link | Github

When you first open the program, it will be in chinese.
To change the language follow the images below and then restart the program.

Hide contents

2TXteRd.png
626HHo3.png

Once that's done, Start up your PS4 and head over to the settings, set up internet > custom > follow till proxy settings appear. Enter whatever appears in the IP and port box for you in the program, on the ps4

36JpWCY.png

At this point, it will be set up and working, keep the program open and download something small to test. I downloaded Singstar as its only 100~ mb.

Interesting, it’s just for downloading the 1.0 version of games? This could be interesting if that version is easier trophy wise. 

13 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I'm guessing the only reason to be doing this is if a trophy is glitched on the latest patch version, or there is an exploit in version 1.00 that was patched out for a certain game you're playing.

correct. some had to do that for mad max for a time and i think one other game because the patch did "more harm than good".

Just now, kingdrake2 said:

correct. some had to do that for mad max for a time and i think one other game because the patch did "more harm than good".

The latest patch fixed the races but there is still the scavenging glitch.

Over 33 GBs to break a part of the game and fix it afterwards. What a waste of space.

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Still, that's largely unfair for the people who had to go through the games without using exploits. Not that they are banned or anything because most exploits in games are perfectly acceptable and don't break the game trophy wise.

This is an interesting piece of software which if this catches on, some trophy hunters will use this to great effect. But I'm just going to skip this altogether and play my games with the patches, which usually bring improvements.

I like to patch my games, but in the case where a patch brings more harm than good i’ll use this until I get said trophy then patch. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Still, that's largely unfair for the people who had to go through the games without using exploits. Not that they are banned or anything because most exploits in games are perfectly acceptable and don't break the game trophy wise.

This is an interesting piece of software which if this catches on, some trophy hunters will use this to great effect. But I'm just going to skip this altogether and play my games with the patches, which usually bring improvements.

People also use it to complete Gorod easter egg for Black Ops 3, since Treyarch made the easter egg impossible to finish in later updates.

I checked the node.js script and I can confirm that it's harmless. All it does is that it will intercept certain HTTP requests by matching their URL against a pattern and then prompts you to download the file locally to your PC only to server your console the file later.

Makes me wonder, what is the original purpose of this script? Local cache for PS4 downloads?

@Mako Did your PS4 start downloading the patch after the base game?

Also this part:

Once it's done installing, open up your Command Line/Terminal and put in the below one line at a time, you might not need to install send, however i had too.

You should first navigate into the unzipped folder, then run "npm i" which will read the "package.json" file and install the "send" package (into node_modules folder). No need to manually install it.

Edited by HusKyCode
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Mako said:

When you first open the program, it will be in chinese.
To change the language follow the images below and then restart the program.

Once that's done, Start up your PS4 and head over to the settings...

If the only step is to launch the program and change the language, is there any reason to do that? Seems like it should be easy enough to put in a value on our PS4?

Can something like this be patched away with a new firmware? If they deliver all games with the latest patch preinstalled just for convenience's sake, then I think they won't care too much about this. But the fact is that you're downloading something you aren't supposed to, so someone at Sony might already be scratching their head over this.

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I know for a fact that download-only games are usually fully replaced within Sony's server infrastructure after they've received a patch. They already did this on PS3. So, if a game was patched to v1.02, this is the only version you can download. Players of Hyperballoid HD will painfully remember this...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

If the only step is to launch the program and change the language, is there any reason to do that? Seems like it should be easy enough to put in a value on our PS4?

True, Still figured it should be there.

34 minutes ago, GTRP_Lancerlover said:

Can something like this be patched away with a new firmware? If they deliver all games with the latest patch preinstalled just for convenience's sake, then I think they won't care too much about this. But the fact is that you're downloading something you aren't supposed to, so someone at Sony might already be scratching their head over this.

They would have to change how they deal with patches and actually prepatch games, even then i think this method would still be possible using the 2nd method and already having the game downloaded onto your PC

2 hours ago, HusKyCode said:

Makes me wonder, what is the original purpose of this script? Local cache for PS4 downloads?

@Mako Did your PS4 start downloading the patch after the base game?

Also this part:

Once it's done installing, open up your Command Line/Terminal and put in the below one line at a time, you might not need to install send, however i had too.

You should first navigate into the unzipped folder, then run "npm i" which will read the "package.json" file and install the "send" package (into node_modules folder). No need to manually install it.

Ah, so that's where i went wrong with that, will fix the main post.
And no, the first program blocked any search for the update even if i tried to manually do it, second i didn't test too much because of the annoying way to use it. Will note to turn off automatic updates though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mako said:

Ah, so that's where i went wrong with that, will fix the main post.
And no, the first program blocked any search for the update even if i tried to manually do it, second i didn't test too much because of the annoying way to use it. Will note to turn off automatic updates though.

From what I can tell, the node.js script will offer you to download the patch as well (as long as it matches the URL pattern). Not sure what happens if I just quit the server after that, but it's possible that PS4 will properly install the base game.