[Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.

Mako

All mine have converted to 1.00 that I want but the long dark debug menu doesn't appear for the digital version. Anyone know how to for sure activate that? I destroyed it on steam and don't wanna grind some of the harder ones. They say r3+l3 to fly then r1+l1 to activate debug but nothing happens.  

• 1 month later...
On 07/05/2019 at 2:24 AM, dpasztor said:

Yep. No problems at all. V1.00 was installed. Had to replay the whole game as save files weren’t compatible. Not one glitch. I was able to enter rest

mode and work on the challenge puzzles. Just got platinum. Interestingly, the music for the challenge is different on v1.00. It’s not the two classic pieces by Grieg, but some rock music with a classical tinge to it and an opera style singer. 

If you got The Witness working at v1.00 then I think alot of us would love to know how you got it working. Thanks. 

22 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

Did you delete your saves, because saves on newer version aren't compatible with unlatched version, so the game crashes because of that.

Yes, this is correct. Newer save file crashes the game so you will have to delete it and start from scratch. Hence why I did not use the 1.00 version at the end. xD

• Like 1

I did method 1 for Lovecraft Untold stories, and it did work.

I couldn't get an internet connection using the proxy provided by the app. But I could nevertheless launch the download of v1.0 and revert to my initial network setup before the download failed to complete it. Then went offline before launching the game so it didn't update and voilà!

I am likely to use that trick again in the future if need be. Awesome find @Mako!!!

Edited by Lothym
Not up to date on intel (see below)

6 minutes ago, Lothym said:

I did method 1 for Lovecraft Untold stories, and it did work.

I couldn't get an internet connection using the proxy provided by the app. But I could nevertheless launch the download of v1.0 and revert to my initial network setup before the download failed to complete it. Then went offline before launching the game so it didn't update and voilà!

I am planning to complete Mad Max someday, so I am likely to use that trick again in the future. Awesome find @Mako!!!

The platinum breaking bug in Mad Max races has been patched months ago. No reason to downgrade now.

• Like 2

The first method doesn't seem to work for me. The software keeps displaying the message "input string was not in correct format" after I have launched it. I'm 100% sure that I'm doing everything in correct order and that the settings are correct. Is there any solution to this?

6 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

The first method doesn't seem to work for me. The software keeps displaying the message "input string was not in correct format" after I have launched it. I'm 100% sure that I'm doing everything in correct order and that the settings are correct. Is there any solution to this?

I would recommend the 2nd method which gives you full control over what data your PS4 downloads. The setup is a bit more complicated but it's not too bad.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I would recommend the 2nd method which gives you full control over what data your PS4 downloads. The setup is a bit more complicated but it's not too bad.

Thank you for the reply. I was trying to avoid the second one as I'm not familiar with JavaScript. Coding is not really my cup of tea. But if there's really no other solution I'll give it a shot :).

23 hours ago, Floriiss said:

Have you deleted all game saves/option files from the later version? These have upset other games when they are regressed to v1.

Perhaps backup your current saves to the cloud, then delete them and try running v1 again?

On 17/2/2020 at 6:29 PM, Floriiss said:

i used first method and all worked at first try (the witness). anyway in the guide there's wrote:

"At this point, hit start and there will likely be a error box, just ignore it and hit okay. 
It will be set up and working, keep the program open and download something small to test."

Yeah, after i try Method 1 and 2 (Now my SSD has even less space☹️ ).

I read the Thread. And on PAGE 5 i found a great solution for myy problem.

Method 1: I do exactly the same steps but the Program UI didnt show any log or something.

Method 2: The download dont failed. Always says "Wating". And no links appear in the "Commando Lines"

I found this post:

On 26.11.2018 at 7:08 AM, Walt the Dog said:

I can't get this to work at all. When I set up the proxy server with PSX and set the PS4 up to connect to it, I get told that I can't connect to the internet even though I've followed the instructions exactly and even made sure that my computer and PS4 were on the same Wi-Fi network. Shame since I wanted to try to get a trophy from Tetris Ultimate using this method since there was a glitch in version 1.00 that let you cheat the 60-second sprint in Team Versus Sprint with two controllers and two AI.

EDIT: Tried Method 2 and it still doesn't work because when I go to connect to the proxy server, the PS4 tells me it can't connect and throws error code CE-33986-9 at me.

EDIT2: Managed to get it working with Method 1. I had to manually allow PSX to use Port 8080 through my firewall to get it to finally work.

EDIT3: Method 1 gave me Patch 1.02 for Tetris Ultimate anyway, which is the latest patch. :|

I manually allow PSX through my firewall, too. And voilâ it worked for me with Method 1.

This should mention in the "First Post".

Now i have to find out how to clean this "Method 2" junk away from my SSD.

14 hours ago, chris_stie said:

I manually allow PSX through my firewall, too. And voilâ it worked for me with Method 1.

This should mention in the "First Post".

Now i have to find out how to clean this "Method 2" junk away from my SSD.

Hi,

How did you allow PSX through your firewall? I've been trying for hours and I still have the same result, PSX telling me this:

" Port or IP like some question, modify the port and check the IP information, error message: Value cannot be null"

I tried various methods like authorize the app via my firewall or add the 8080 port, but maybe i'm doing something wrong...

Hy,

i used McAfee Antivir.

And theres my FIrewall integrated. I say it that theres a programm PSX...(The name that shows up in the TaskManager when ur running this programm) which needs following

Local TCP/IP Ports: 8080.

And that worked for me.

The Windows Firewall should work in the same way. I activated the UpnP-Option (Or DMZ?) in the Router-Settings for the PC during this step.

On 2/23/2020 at 0:15 AM, Ac3dUd3- said:

Anyone know if this works for the old trophy list of rainbow 6 siege? I just have 2 trophies left that might be easier on the old list

Just tried it twice, I did get R6S v1.0 to download however the download stopped both times at around 70% due to the server not responding, I'm guessing some of the 1.0 files are no longer available on PSN, thus this method doesn't work for R6S, unfortunately.

Edit: NVM, apparently it was a problem on my side. Just tried method #2 and it worked, I got the annoying "Close but not cigar" trophy by finishing the "Cold Zero" situation on 1.0. @Ac3dUd3-

Edited by Liav222
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 11:28 PM, Liav222 said:

Just tried it twice, I did get R6S v1.0 to download however the download stopped both times at around 70% due to the server not responding, I'm guessing some of the 1.0 files are no longer available on PSN, thus this method doesn't work for R6S, unfortunately.

Edit: NVM, apparently it was a problem on my side. Just tried method #2 and it worked, I got the annoying "Close but not cigar" trophy by finishing the "Cold Zero" situation on 1.0. @Ac3dUd3-

The 2 I need are "senseless" kill 10 stunned enemies and Close but no cigar, what are the requirements for cold zero and the senseless on the old list?

7 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

The 2 I need are "senseless" kill 10 stunned enemies and Close but no cigar, what are the requirements for cold zero and the senseless on the old list?

Senseless is one of the trophies that remained unchanged since launch, according to the wiki, so you'll have to get it legitimately. As for Close But No Cigar the 1.0 method will work as stated, you just need to beat the Cold Zero situation.

• Like 1