[Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.

Mako

16 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

I'm currently testing this with Remnant From the Ashes. Question though, does it have to be through wifi, opposed to LAN?

That shouldn't matter at all as long as you are connected to the same Network.

30 minutes ago, Smashero said:

That shouldn't matter at all as long as you are connected to the same Network.

I'm just asking because oddly enough, doing it through the wifi has the download at 75 minutes, whereas it spiked to 6 hours for LAN, which should definitely not be the case. So I went to do Wifi just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting these methods. I did method 1 but the game was still being dowloaded with the latest patches. I fixed it by changing Mode option in PSX Helper into Compatibility Mode. So worked all good in the end.

On 18/06/2020 at 11:03 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

For method 1, when I download the file from GitHub, where is the actual application? I've checked all the folders and can't find it.

When I tried this last year, I found that this doesn't link to a complete ZIP. I searched online for a different, valid archive, but I can't remember the URL. Try searching for "PSX Download Helper1.8.zip", and you'll find plenty of options, but it probably goes without saying, be sure that you are downloading it from a  reputable mirror.

Edited by Xemik

3 hours ago, NamelessOne167 said:

Sorry if this sounds stupid but is this safe to do? I played Calvino Noir before and was unable to get the Plat as the game was glitched but iv seen people get the plat doing it this way. Would I get banned for this? 

Nobody has been banned for it yet, considering it's been almost 2 years since this thread was made plus it was around for a few years before that, you'll be fine.

9 hours ago, Xemik said:

There sure is, but it doesn't work. ;)

"File not found..."

Then it's on your end. afaik nobody else has said it doesn't work and it works fine for me and a few friends i asked to check it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mako said:

Then it's on your end. afaik nobody else has said it doesn't work and it works fine for me and a few friends i asked to check it.

Looks like it's this garbage Firefox blocking stuff again. Tried it on Chrome and it works just fine. So yeah, I stand corrected. :D

Can your PC settings block the program from opening ? I tried to download it on a PC and on a Mac with a Windows 10 Virtual Box but I couldn't open it, I can't even set it up cause the program doesn't open itself, even if i try to run it as an administrator. Can anyone help me by any means ? 

10 hours ago, Mako said:

Nobody has been banned for it yet, considering it's been almost 2 years since this thread was made plus it was around for a few years before that, you'll be fine.

Ok thanks

I still don't quite understand how to do it using method 2 (I got a Mac) do I need to download the PSX helper thing in order to do it? 

• 2 weeks later...

So in theory I could just delete the game and try with this method to get the 1st version?

Bloodstained trophies are glitched at the moment with the latest update and 505games is really slow with their fixes so I would rather try this (considering my gamesave is still compatible with the 1st version)

20 hours ago, Mixtract said:

I don't know if you still didn't figure out how to do it but..

FOR MAC:

1- Download node.js installer from: https://nodejs.org/en/download/

once it's downloaded open the installer pkg and install it

2- Download the psx script from: https://github.com/harryi3t/psx-download-helper-nodejs/archive/master.zip

once it's downloaded unzip the file and preferably leave it in the Downloads folder and don't change its name

3- open your terminal (it's in the Utility folder in Applications) and type:

cd ~/Downloads/psx-download-helper-nodejs-master

and then type:

npm i

then

node index.js

once you do that you gonna see this:

Reveal hidden contents

Screen-Shot-2020-07-25-at-9-23-55-PM.png

4- Start up your ps4 and make sure auto updates are turned off (in Settings>System>Automatic Downloads> Turn off Application Update Files) then go to Network>Set Up Internet Connection>Wi-Fi>Custom>Choose your network (the same as your Mac)>for IP address choose Automatic>Do not Specify>Automatic>Automatic>for Proxy Server choose Use> here go back to your Mac and hold alt and click the wifi icon on your menu bar, it's gonna show few info about the network and you gonna find "IP Address: XXX.XXX.X.XXX" put this address in your PS4 under Address, for Port Number put the one that shows in your terminal (Probably 8081) and connect.

5- Go to your library and download the game you want (Yes do this after connecting to the proxy unlike what the original guide says bc that's how it worked for me) once you start the download it'll immediately fail. once it fails go back to your Mac and check your terminal, it's gonna show a link, copy the link and go to your browser and download it. once it finishes (it's gonna be a .pkg file) move that file to the data folder inside the script folder (it's named psx-download-helper-nodejs-master > data)

6- Once you put the pkg file inside the data folder go back to your ps4 and resume the download once it starts downloading (let it download for a minutes or two to be sure) go to network and connect normally to your network (without proxy) and you can turn off your Mac. this should let it download the rest of the game from the official servers without the patch (I tried it for a few games and it worked just fine)

This method works better for me bc downloading the whole game through the psx helper takes like 10x the time.

Hope this helps. 

Hey, Thank you for this. I had actually given up to be honest but I will be giving it a shot for sure now :)

On 25/07/2020 at 7:41 PM, Mixtract said:

I don't know if you still didn't figure out how to do it but..

FOR MAC:

1- Download node.js installer from: https://nodejs.org/en/download/

once it's downloaded open the installer pkg and install it

2- Download the psx script from: https://github.com/harryi3t/psx-download-helper-nodejs/archive/master.zip

once it's downloaded unzip the file and preferably leave it in the Downloads folder and don't change its name

3- open your terminal (it's in the Utility folder in Applications) and type:

cd ~/Downloads/psx-download-helper-nodejs-master

and then type:

npm i

then

node index.js

once you do that you gonna see this:

Reveal hidden contents

Screen-Shot-2020-07-25-at-9-23-55-PM.png

4- Start up your ps4 and make sure auto updates are turned off (in Settings>System>Automatic Downloads> Turn off Application Update Files) then go to Network>Set Up Internet Connection>Wi-Fi>Custom>Choose your network (the same as your Mac)>for IP address choose Automatic>Do not Specify>Automatic>Automatic>for Proxy Server choose Use> here go back to your Mac and hold alt and click the wifi icon on your menu bar, it's gonna show few info about the network and you gonna find "IP Address: XXX.XXX.X.XXX" put this address in your PS4 under Address, for Port Number put the one that shows in your terminal (Probably 8081) and connect.

5- Go to your library and download the game you want (Yes do this after connecting to the proxy unlike what the original guide says bc that's how it worked for me) once you start the download it'll immediately fail. once it fails go back to your Mac and check your terminal, it's gonna show a link, copy the link and go to your browser and download it. once it finishes (it's gonna be a .pkg file) move that file to the data folder inside the script folder (it's named psx-download-helper-nodejs-master > data)

6- Once you put the pkg file inside the data folder go back to your ps4 and resume the download once it starts downloading (let it download for a minutes or two to be sure) go to network and connect normally to your network (without proxy) and you can turn off your Mac. this should let it download the rest of the game from the official servers without the patch (I tried it for a few games and it worked just fine)

This method works better for me bc downloading the whole game through the psx helper takes like 10x the time.

Hope this helps. 

Thanks for the help with this however I'm experiencing difficulties with Uncharted 4 on Mac which I'll list below:

1. When finding the game link, multiple show up namely playstation, but the final 2 have the 'appkgo'. The first, when put into the browser gives me a text file (no download) but the second link (the final one on the list) gives me a 4GB download. (I'm assuming this is the correct one as it's a .pkg file). Q. Is this correct?
  2. I placed it within the data folder then it started to download (said it would take 99+ hours) so I tried your method of waiting around 2 minutes then using a normal connection. I put it on LAN to have a healthy 14 MBps download speed. I then messed around with the connection to improve the speed (changing the LAN proxy to another port) and it failed my download. So I resumed the download using the 'easy' settings not 'custom'. Q. Would resuming the download and changin the network type download the latest version?
  3. When the game partially downloaded enough for me to start it up it said that I was on the latest version (1.33) and not 1.00. Q. Was this because of 1 or 2?

EDIT!

Found the issue, it seems that every time you start Uncharted 4 it will automatically add the latest patch (1.33) to downloads, simply go to notifications and delete the patch before installing. (takes around 20 minutes for me to download the 14GB file so no rush).

Just did method 1 instead of method 2 (using PC instead of Mac) and I got given a different IP address and port number with this method. It worked and now have the speedrun and crushing difficulty trophies within 10 minutes (not counting the download times which took about 50 minutes).

Sorry for the all questions but thanks for reading anyhow!

Edited by Blasphemous_Bish

10 hours ago, Blasphemous_Bish said:

Thanks for the help with this however I'm experiencing difficulties with Uncharted 4 on Mac which I'll list below:

1. When finding the game link, multiple show up namely playstation, but the final 2 have the 'appkgo'. The first, when put into the browser gives me a text file (no download) but the second link (the final one on the list) gives me a 4GB download. (I'm assuming this is the correct one as it's a .pkg file). Q. Is this correct?
  2. I placed it within the data folder then it started to download (said it would take 99+ hours) so I tried your method of waiting around 2 minutes then using a normal connection. I put it on LAN to have a healthy 14 MBps download speed. I then messed around with the connection to improve the speed (changing the LAN proxy to another port) and it failed my download. So I resumed the download using the 'easy' settings not 'custom'. Q. Would resuming the download and changin the network type download the latest version?
  3. When the game partially downloaded enough for me to start it up it said that I was on the latest version (1.33) and not 1.00. Q. Was this because of 1 or 2?

EDIT!

Found the issue, it seems that every time you start Uncharted 4 it will automatically add the latest patch (1.33) to downloads, simply go to notifications and delete the patch before installing. (takes around 20 minutes for me to download the 14GB file so no rush).

Just did method 1 instead of method 2 (using PC instead of Mac) and I got given a different IP address and port number with this method. It worked and now have the speedrun and crushing difficulty trophies within 10 minutes (not counting the download times which took about 50 minutes).

Sorry for the all questions but thanks for reading anyhow!

1. Yes you need to download the 4GB file which should be the second link (see image below)

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2020-08-06-at-2-36-53-PM.png

2. Changing the network and resuming should not download the latest version however if you have auto updates toggled on the patch should start downloading separately, simply remove it or pause it. also FIY whenever you start up the game it will always start to download the latest patch so make sure each time you go to downloads and remove it.

3. I think it's either because you let the latest patch download and install OR you started to download the game before connecting to the proxy (which as I stated you should start the download AFTER you connect to the proxy because otherwise it'll request the latest version of the game)

I hope this solves your problem! if not let me know.

also I'd like to mention that Uncharted 4 was the first game I tried with this method and it worked fine I was able to get the speed run and crushing difficulty trophies just fine.

I'm hoping someone can help - I am trying to use method 1 with the PSX Download Helper.

Whenever I try to connect to the proxy, my PS4 fails to connect to the internet. I have made sure that I am using the correct IP address and port, as well as tried multiple others, but it just won't connect.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

1 minute ago, Froodstick77 said:

I'm hoping someone can help - I am trying to use method 1 with the PSX Download Helper.

Whenever I try to connect to the proxy, my PS4 fails to connect to the internet. I have made sure that I am using the correct IP address and port, as well as tried multiple others, but it just won't connect.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Might be an issue caused by your firewall or anti virus.

On 12/3/2018 at 2:56 PM, adas_2008 said:

can not get this to work with ARK SURVIAL and method 1. 

tried with a friend and it seems to crash on the data to run the application mark.

HTTP Status Code: 400 , CE-40848-4

Same happened to me using method 1. The "cant download" error appeared in the middle of downloading the game. The error info states "an error occurred on the server, (HTTP Status Code: 400) (CE-40848-4)". I have also tried restoring licenses and making sure my account is primary, but nothing has changed. Haven't seen anything about this error code anywhere online, would anyone know what to do?

4 hours ago, xHeisenberg_13 said:

Same happened to me using method 1. The "cant download" error appeared in the middle of downloading the game. The error info states "an error occurred on the server, (HTTP Status Code: 400) (CE-40848-4)". I have also tried restoring licenses and making sure my account is primary, but nothing has changed. Haven't seen anything about this error code anywhere online, would anyone know what to do?

Update: Got it to work. What I did was resume the download and paused it just before the "cant download" error appeared, and then I switched back to my normal internet without the proxy, and then resumed the download. Just have to be aware that an update download might appear, if so, delete it immediately. The game finished its download without any errors and the version was 1.0.  

All credit goes to israellaks for informing me on all this.