[Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.

Mako

I tested out a number of games and can confirm method 1 still works, but you may have to restart your PS4 and PSX Download Helper a couple of times in order for the games to download at version 1.00.

Unfortunately, when I tried DOOM 2 at version 1.00 I got a message trying to confirm my account is linked with Bethesda.net. I have an account on that website but there is absolutely nothing regarding the old DOOM 1 & DOOM 2 games, just DOOM 2016 and DOOM Eternal. No matter what I try doing I CANNOT get past the screen, since it says I need an internet connection to continue.

So am I screwed? Has anyone else tried to revert to update 1.00 for an easier Nightmare Co-Op for DOOM 2?

19 hours ago, Spaz said:

So am I screwed?

Kinda. Doom1 and 2 both required a Bethesda account to play prior to update 1.06 (August of last year). So dropping to the 1.0 version isn't going to help you.

See if there is a patch backup somewhere or other for version 1.06 specifically and it should be fine. Right after login was removed, but before the new additions.

10 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Kinda. Doom1 and 2 both required a Bethesda account to play prior to update 1.06 (August of last year). So dropping to the 1.0 version isn't going to help you.

See if there is a patch backup somewhere or other for version 1.06 specifically and it should be fine. Right after login was removed, but before the new additions.

Update 1.06 already made Nightmare more difficult due to 60 FPS and the lack of pause for Co-op. So it's already a real pain in the butt.

Anyone know what happens when you revert back to the 1.00 patch, trophy wise? I ask because in "The Persistence" I unlocked a few trophies before the latest patch installed (1.10 - which broke trophies) and once the patch was installed, I completed an objective (level 2) and no trophy.

If I go back to 1.00 would that trophy unlock since I completed it's requirements or will I need to start the game again, which would be the only way to complete the objective. If anyone has experience with a similar issue I'd love to know 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Anyone know what happens when you revert back to the 1.00 patch, trophy wise? I ask because in "The Persistence" I unlocked a few trophies before the latest patch installed (1.10 - which broke trophies) and once the patch was installed, I completed an objective (level 2) and no trophy.

If I go back to 1.00 would that trophy unlock since I completed it's requirements or will I need to start the game again, which would be the only way to complete the objective. If anyone has experience with a similar issue I'd love to know 

if you install 1.00 all your "updated" savegames are useless anyway

21 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

if you install 1.00 all your "updated" savegames are useless anyway

I've read on other threads that this isn't the case . . . maybe it depends on the game? I'd backup my save data to cloud, delete the game and all data, revert to 1.00 and transfer save data.

Why wouldn't that work?

Edit: saw other people saying the save isn't compatible. Dammit why did it have to update the game?! It was working just fine but then updated while in rest mode. Came back, completed a task which should have popped a trophy but didn't. Now I have to wait for them to patch the game or start over. FML

Edited by MikeCheck--

20 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

It depends on the game. Some will be fine with the later version save, but others won't be.

For example, Real Farm won't run properly with a later version save. This needs to be deleted (or backed up) before it's even playable.

For others like The Witness you need to start a completely new game.

3 hours ago, Xemik said:

It depends on the game. Some will be fine with the later version save, but others won't be.

For example, Real Farm won't run properly with a later version save. This needs to be deleted (or backed up) before it's even playable.

For others like The Witness you need to start a completely new game.

Do any reverted game work with the later updated save? If you know. I don't want to chance it and delete hours of gameplay. 

Do any reverted game work with the later updated save? If you know. I don't want to chance it and delete hours of gameplay. 

I'm not sure what you're asking here. Do you mean the v1 save or your original latest version save?

The new v1 save should work when you update back to the latest version, otherwise there'd be an outcry every time dev's update a game, right? ;)

If you mean your original save, there shouldn't be an issue since it would have been made with the latest version. This is how I got the plat' in Real Farm. I backuped up my save to the cloud, deleted it from PS4 and used v1 to get the bugged trophy. Then I simply downloaded my original save, overwriting the v1 save and carried on from where I left off.

• Like 1

@Xemik

So the game updated to "1.10" (bugged all trophies in a game called "The Persistence). Prior to updating, the version "1.00" worked fine and I popped a few trophies (developers are aware by other users)

In rest mode, the game updated to "1.10" and I completed an objective that should have rewarded a few trophies.

If my save is now "1.10", and I revert to "1.00". Will my "1.10" save work with the "1.00"? Or would I need to restart the whole game? I've had conflicting reports on this thread

Thanks for you input!

Edited by MikeCheck--

@Xemik

So the game updated to "1.10" (bugged all trophies in a game called "The Persistence). Prior to updating, the version "1.00" worked fine and I popped a few trophies (developers are aware by other users)

In rest mode, the game updated to "1.10" and I completed an objective that should have rewarded a few trophies.

If my save is now "1.10", and I revert to "1.00". Will my "1.10" save work with the "1.00"? Or would I need to restart the whole game? I've had conflicting reports on this thread

Thanks for you input!

Assuming auto-save, then the save will now be 1.10. Whether a later save will work with v1, depends on the game. For me Super Blackjack did, but Real Farm didn't.

In this case, it'll be worth reverting your game to v1 and loading the save. Those missing trophies might then pop. If not, looks like a restart...

As an aside, you should turn off auto-updates to prevent this happening again.

@Xemik thanks! It may be worth trying then. However I think I'll complete FNaF VR first and wait for an update from devs as I don't want to complete 3 hours of game again. 

Funny thing is that I downloaded the game months ago and when I started, it asked if I wanted to do the update, which I declined but updated somehow in rest mode lol

• 3 weeks later...