[Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.

Mako

This is really annoying af. 
I do the first method and everything goes well, until it doesn’t.

Downloads the game normally but always gets an error later (like many ppl mentioned) & once I manage to resume it, it changes size & has the latest version included in the download.

(Game is Metro Exodus, too long to download so the error always messes it up before I can play it but ppl have played the 1.00 with it thx to this method)

• Like 1

The methods aren't 100 percent guaranteed, I had to tinker with them a bit before I got the proxys to work properly.

Downloading a specific version is going to be a bit more difficult. It's my last chance at DOOM 2 because if I can't do that then I'm officially giving up on that platinum. Nightmare Co-op is far too difficult on version 1.08.

On 12/2/2020 at 4:00 PM, Spaz said:

The methods aren't 100 percent guaranteed, I had to tinker with them a bit before I got the proxys to work properly.

Downloading a specific version is going to be a bit more difficult. It's my last chance at DOOM 2 because if I can't do that then I'm officially giving up on that platinum. Nightmare Co-op is far too difficult on version 1.08.

The larger issue with downgrading to specific versions is sometimes the patch isn't just a patch. It's adding or closing out features to the base game that are now required to run it or does something that alters the base game in such a way that it just can't function without the patch. I forget the title, but there was a farming game that had glitched trophies and downgrading was attempted. Seemed the base game itself was altered in such a way that if it wasn't running the newest listed patch, it would just error out at start up. In your case, Spaz, DOOM 2 requires a Bethesda login to play and that's not going to be easy to get around without doing something shady.

4 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

The larger issue with downgrading to specific versions is sometimes the patch isn't just a patch. It's adding or closing out features to the base game that are now required to run it or does something that alters the base game in such a way that it just can't function without the patch. I forget the title, but there was a farming game that had glitched trophies and downgrading was attempted. Seemed the base game itself was altered in such a way that if it wasn't running the newest listed patch, it would just error out at start up. In your case, Spaz, DOOM 2 requires a Bethesda login to play and that's not going to be easy to get around without doing something shady.

The version I'm looking for in particular is version 1.05, or version 1.06. That was when the annoying Bethesda.net login was removed so you are free to play a new game. In my case, the enemies (Pinkies especially) are far more difficult to deal with on version 1.08, they move much faster and the projectiles are pure hell to even avoid.

Share Play isn't an option for me due to slow internet where I currently live.

Everything I don't have on my trophy list in terms of skill I can do on my own, but DOOM 2 could be the first game I will ever throw in the towel. It's just far too difficult.

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

The version I'm looking for in particular is version 1.05, or version 1.06.

It's strange, I can find patches for 1.04 and 1.07 (both of which seem to just be gateway patches), but not the other two. It's not uncommon for patches to not be backed up for any given game, but for two of the most useful to not be is...odd.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello you all :) 

I tried this today for about 4 hours but i can not get it to work.

So what i did was follow the Method 1 and what it should do is download the Version 1.00 to my PC?
That's the confusing part for me because someone answered a question and said "Check the PC folder where the update is"...?!

I thought this just automatically downloads my PS4 Game on my PS4 with V1.00 instead of V.1.62 the moment i hit download?

I did method 1 with The Witcher 3 and it works after some trys but then 10GB in it just stops and gives me error messages, so i try everything, disconnect internet close the program and try and continue the download and then it works, so it downloads it and the second it hits the first of the two "things" (to start the game) it automatically changes from 1.00 to 1.62.

The game was bought online (of course, like the title of this thread says) but just to make sure someone who reads this sees that it's from psn store.

I would appreciate any help on this.

Maybe someone knows how to fix that and maybe even someone here has tried it with TW3.

Thanks in advance :)

- sry for bad english btw ^^

Hi

first thanks for making this post, been researching this for days now. 

Firstly, method 1 worked for me. I Downloaded the game PKGs and put them in the same folder. For some reason in the middle of the transfer, the console looks for the latest patches, I see this in the PSX Helper links “http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA03365_00/15/f_939e00739bcbf8011e2f2277cf568582a2514483c0da7594948fed52f27b828c/f/EP0700-CUSA03365_00-DARKSOULS3000000-A0115-V0100_0.pkg

It’s patch V1.15 as you can see. So I would really appreciate if somebody who owns Dark Souls 3 to try to download if the size is around 17-19GB it’s without patches anything above that will be with the latest patch.

EDIT: It works now, gonna post what I did.

Edited by samo-warlord
  • Like 2

On 19.12.2020 at 11:04 PM, samo-warlord said:

3- go to where you unzipped the folder at the top the path should be something close to this 

C:\acer\Downloads\psx-download-helper-nodejs-master

delete it and type CMD, this will open the command prompt with the path

and then type:

npm i

then

node index.js

Did everything up to this point but can't do this one. If i type "npm i" (or the other one [tried both]) then it says something like "The command "npm" is either misspelled or
could not be found."..... had a good feeling about this whole thing but i can not try this sadly :/

On 19/12/2020 at 10:04 PM, samo-warlord said:

First, I was trying to download Dark Souls 3 V100 of the digital game but it kept adding the patches. Finally, it worked after I combined almost 3 different guides, here is what I did.

GUIDE PART 1 (FINDING AND DOWNLOADING THE GAME, PATCH LINKS, AND ALSO FINDING YOUR IP ADDRESS)

1. Follow this video guide from 4:00 to 13:00 min, you can watch it all if you like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq-27nexuXs.
  • there gonna be different links in the PSX helper download both kind of these

only skip the one that ends in DARKSOULS3000000-A0115-V0100-DP.pkg.

GUIDE PART 2 ( INSTALLING NODE.JS, SETTING UP YOUR PS4 CONNECTION AND PLACING DATA IN FOLDER)

1- Download node.js installer from: https://nodejs.org/en/download/

once it's downloaded open the installer pkg and install it

2- Download the PSX script from: https://github.com/harryi3t/psx-download-helper-nodejs/archive/master.zip

once it's downloaded unzip the file and preferably leave it in the Downloads folder and don't change its name

3- go to where you unzipped the folder at the top the path should be something close to this 

C:\acer\Downloads\psx-download-helper-nodejs-master

delete it and type CMD, this will open the command prompt with the path

and then type:

npm i

then

node index.js

once you do that you gonna see this:

Reveal hidden contents

psxdh: Proxy listening on http://localhost:8081

4- Startup your ps4 and make sure auto-updates are turned off (in Settings > System > Automatic Downloads > Turn off Application Update Files) then go to Network > Set Up Internet Connection > Wi-Fi > Custom > Choose your network (the same as your PC) > for IP address choose Automatic > Do not Specify > Automatic > Automatic > for Proxy Server choose Use >  TYPE THE IP ADDRESS YOU GOT FROM PART 1 OF GUIDE FOLLOWING THE VIDEO AND PORT NUMBER IN THE COMMAND PROMPT "8081".

5- Go to your library and download the game you want once you start the download it'll immediately fail. once it fails go back to your computer and move the GAME DATA AND PATCHES to the data folder inside the script folder (it's named psx-download-helper-nodejs-master > data)

6- Once you put the pkg file inside the data folder go back to your ps4 and resume the download once it starts downloading (let it download for a minute or two to be sure) check how much is the size. If includes the patches the delete it and download it again.

PROBLEM1: No internet connection, download keeps failing and returning an error 

FIX: Restart both Ps4 and PC.

I really hope this helps. 

THANKS TO Mako for making this topic(guide), copied the second part of the guide from Mixtract.

SPECIAL THANKS to timpurnat for helping me with the last obstacle of this guide.

I’ve tried this for binding of Isaac. I’ve tried it a hell of a bunch of ways and no matter what after it gets 500/900mb it tries to install the v1.08 patch. So frustrating

If anyone figures out an easy way for binding of Isaac HMU.

Is there a list of games online anywhere that list all the games where you would want a previous version for various benefits?

I know of 6 but there are probably WAY more, especially ones with glitches patched out...

1) Bloodborne (Cannon requires no ammo on 1.000 but does in later versions)

2) Demon’s Souls (luck glitch works on versions 1.000 through 1.003, but was patched out in 1.004)

3-6 all have better frame rates on PS5 on version 1.000 as the frame rates were unlocked originally but patched to locked lower rates for stability reasons in later patches. With the PS5s power, however, the unlocked frame rate is not a problem)

3) God of War

4) Last Guardian

5) Arkham City

6) AC: Unity

Does anyone know of any other games with similar benefits (glitches or frame rate/performance)? 

Edited by DeGarmo2

I have used method #2 for several games in the past and it works like a charm for both downgrading to 1.0 and to a specific update version! Thank you! :)

20 minutes ago, DeGarmo2 said:

Is there a list of games online anywhere that list all the games where you would want a previous version for various benefits?

I know of 6 but there are probably WAY more, especially ones with glitches patched out...

1) Bloodborne (Cannon requires no ammo on 1.000 but does in later versions)

2) Demon’s Souls (luck glitch works on versions 1.000 through 1.003, but was patched out in 1.004)

3-6 all have better frame rates on PS5 on version 1.000 as the frame rates were unlocked originally but patched to locked lower rates for stability reasons in later patches. With the PS5s power, however, the unlocked frame rate is not a problem)

3) God of War

4) Last Guardian

5) Arkham City

6) AC: Unity

Does anyone know of any other games with similar benefits (glitches or frame rate/performance)? 

I have a thread bookmarked which has a list of such games. It probably is missing some games but you can find it here  :)

Edited by AsheRebel

55 minutes ago, AsheRebel said:

I have used method #2 for several games in the past and it works like a charm for both downgrading to 1.0 and to a specific update version! Thank you! :)

I have a thread bookmarked which has a list of such games. It probably is missing some games but you can find it here  :)

You’re the best! Thanks! 

On 29/12/2020 at 6:07 AM, xTuckingFypo_ said:

Anyone who got it to work on PS5 information would be greatly appreciated. Everything works as is except sign in to playstation network fails. Restart console with proxy still enables and signed in fine but still thinks it can’t sign in

Just gonna post this here again. 

On 12/29/2020 at 1:07 AM, xTuckingFypo_ said:

Anyone who got it to work on PS5 information would be greatly appreciated. Everything works as is except sign in to playstation network fails. Restart console with proxy still enables and signed in fine but still thinks it can’t sign in

dont think it works on ps5 unless someone finds a workaround. method 1 & 2 both failed

method 1 yields error CE-106444-9 when trying to download the game. starting download remotely via PC doesn't work either

method 2 only gives me useless /ppkgo/ links

On 01/01/2021 at 11:36 AM, hore said:

dont think it works on ps5 unless someone finds a workaround. method 1 & 2 both failed

method 1 yields error CE-106444-9 when trying to download the game. starting download remotely via PC doesn't work either

method 2 only gives me useless /ppkgo/ links

Method one does install fine but downloads the patch with it. And method 2 doesn’t sign in to playstation network for me so the download can’t start

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 26/07/2020 at 6:41 AM, Mixtract said:

I don't know if you still didn't figure out how to do it but..

FOR MAC:

1- Download node.js installer from: https://nodejs.org/en/download/

once it's downloaded open the installer pkg and install it

2- Download the psx script from: https://github.com/harryi3t/psx-download-helper-nodejs/archive/master.zip

once it's downloaded unzip the file and preferably leave it in the Downloads folder and don't change its name

3- open your terminal (it's in the Utility folder in Applications) and type:

cd ~/Downloads/psx-download-helper-nodejs-master

and then type:

npm i

then

node index.js

once you do that you gonna see this:

Reveal hidden contents

Screen-Shot-2020-07-25-at-9-23-55-PM.png

4- Start up your ps4 and make sure auto updates are turned off (in Settings>System>Automatic Downloads> Turn off Application Update Files) then go to Network>Set Up Internet Connection>Wi-Fi>Custom>Choose your network (the same as your Mac)>for IP address choose Automatic>Do not Specify>Automatic>Automatic>for Proxy Server choose Use> here go back to your Mac and hold alt and click the wifi icon on your menu bar, it's gonna show few info about the network and you gonna find "IP Address: XXX.XXX.X.XXX" put this address in your PS4 under Address, for Port Number put the one that shows in your terminal (Probably 8081) and connect.

5- Go to your library and download the game you want (Yes do this after connecting to the proxy unlike what the original guide says bc that's how it worked for me) once you start the download it'll immediately fail. once it fails go back to your Mac and check your terminal, it's gonna show a link, copy the link and go to your browser and download it. once it finishes (it's gonna be a .pkg file) move that file to the data folder inside the script folder (it's named psx-download-helper-nodejs-master > data)

6- Once you put the pkg file inside the data folder go back to your ps4 and resume the download once it starts downloading (let it download for a minutes or two to be sure) go to network and connect normally to your network (without proxy) and you can turn off your Mac. this should let it download the rest of the game from the official servers without the patch (I tried it for a few games and it worked just fine)

This method works better for me bc downloading the whole game through the psx helper takes like 10x the time.

Hope this helps. 

My good man, you are a f'ing legend!!! I tried OP's method but it wouldn't work for me for some reason, just kept getting no command found when I tried to type npm i in Terminal. But for some reason it worked when I tried it your way. Once I got the node working, I did also try OP's method but it looked like it was going to try and download the patched version again as the download file size was the same as just doing it without the proxy so I quickly canceled that. When I did your way and connected to the proxy first the download was about half the size so I knew it was going to be the right one, prepatched version 1.00 and it was bang on. I then switched back to normal network settings on the PS4 and it downloaded blazing fast. Only thing is I had to quickly cancel the download for the patch after it got installed as mentioned elsewhere here as it wanted to do that automatically despite having turned off all automatic downloads.

Anyway I got the game running, completed the previously bugged quest on the "updated" version and got my platinum trophy. Thank you so much for posting this alternate method. I had nearly given up looking for a solution among the 16 pages of comments until I came across this and you saved me! I shall bee posting this in the Bee Simulator community!! (lame game I know LOL).

Many thanks again!! Your instructions were clearer and easier to follow.

I tried to use this method to get version 1.0 of The Witness, to make the challenge trophy easy. It worked and I have the version 1.00 downloaded, but every time I start it it gives the error message CE-34878-0. Anyone know anything that could help? Or is the witness unplayable without the patches?

Edit: Forgot to delete my save data. Seems to be working so far.

Edited by Bluntercub

Hey all, this downloader no longer works, I cannot open it on my computer. I click run PSX download helper and it won't open. It loads like it will open and doesn't work. 

EDIT: Yep, the download for method 1 does not work with this link. I can confirm the one at archives.com works, I got Doom (1993) to download at patch 1.00. 

Edited by BearyDeadly