[Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.

Mako

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2020 at 2:41 PM, Mixtract said:

snip

Thanks so much for these tips, just did it with Nioh and ran into 0 problems ?

I tried method #2 that OP had in the first post a few times a while back, didn't work and thought I was out of luck since I have a Mac.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not seen this discussed here but I checked how PS5 downloads games and it looks pretty good:

• PS4 games use the same distribution system like before -- this makes sense for compatibility reasons
  • PS5 games use slightly different system but it looks like they can still be downgraded
    • I think the tools listed in the first post will not work
    • Charles or any other proxy with mapping/redirect can still be used most likely

If I have more time, I will try to downgrade Maquette to an older version. For anyone looking for PS5 patches, you can find them at https://prosperopatches.com/

If someone else downgrades PS5 game, let us know. I don't know if there's a game right now which would benefit from this.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

On 4/13/2021 at 6:03 AM, HusKy said:

I have not seen this discussed here but I checked how PS5 downloads games and it looks pretty good:

• PS4 games use the same distribution system like before -- this makes sense for compatibility reasons
  • PS5 games use slightly different system but it looks like they can still be downgraded
    • Charles or any other proxy with mapping/redirect can still be used most likely

If I have more time, I will try to downgrade Maquette to an older version. For anyone looking for PS5 patches, you can find them at https://prosperopatches.com/

If someone else downgrades PS5 game, let us know. I don't know if there's a game right now which would benefit from this.

Demon's Souls would benefit greatly from this. Anything before patch 1.004. There was a glitch that was fixed. It allowed you to one-hit-kill pretty much every enemy and boss with unlimited Luck stat and a special Luck based sword. I think there was also a glitch for unlimited souls that was patched out.

Edited by Moomba
glitch

On 4/13/2021 at 7:03 PM, HusKy said:

Turned out its not that simple, all ps5 update are bundled with base game, see that 48 gigs demon souls patch.

When im using charles proxy its only download pkg files and when mapped to older pkg links the download fail, i didnt see any crc,delta,sc,json entries either, probably encrypted ?

edit : yes its encrypted with https protocol

Edited by KillLaGil

14 hours ago, KillLaGil said:

Turned out its not that simple, all ps5 update are bundled with base game, see that 48 gigs demon souls patch.

When im using charles proxy its only download pkg files and when mapped to older pkg links the download fail, i didnt see any crc,delta,sc,json entries either, probably encrypted ?

I will test it out with Maquette this weekend.

• Like 2

is there a error with the program? for some reason i cant get it to connect. nothing is showing up in the psx menu and when i try to download a game it sticks at 1% and fails. it might be the ports on my laptop maybe. im now trying a spare laptop but it has windows 7 which i have to download net framework and that wont install so now im getting irritated. my ps4 is just lagging and not doing anything correctly. i havent used this in a few months

On 13/04/2021 at 2:03 PM, HusKy said:

So the PS4 game distribution is unchanged? I've tried the program with my PS5 but it only downloaded the latest version through the proxy.
Am I doing something wrong? If it's unchanged then it should work, shouldn't it?

On 4/30/2021 at 10:29 PM, VagashyFerencz said:

So the PS4 game distribution is unchanged? I've tried the program with my PS5 but it only downloaded the latest version through the proxy.
Am I doing something wrong? If it's unchanged then it should work, shouldn't it?

1.0 no longer works, but downgrading to lower version is still posible as long you have the json files of previous patch

On 5/8/2021 at 4:21 PM, KillLaGil said:

1.0 no longer works, but downgrading to lower version is still posible as long you have the json files of previous patch

Sorry to bother you, but could you instruct me on how to do this? I'm trying to use this app to get DOOM on an older patch so I can tackle the Nightmare Trophies. Unfortunately, Orbis Patches doesn't seem to have an older patch for DOOM, but it does have all the DOOM II patches, so at least it's something. I got a copy of the 1.04 patch, should be enough. But every time I try to download the game, it's up to date. How do I "dowgrade" it?

On 5/16/2021 at 2:35 AM, TheMultiversity said:

Sorry to bother you, but could you instruct me on how to do this? I'm trying to use this app to get DOOM on an older patch so I can tackle the Nightmare Trophies. Unfortunately, Orbis Patches doesn't seem to have an older patch for DOOM, but it does have all the DOOM II patches, so at least it's something. I got a copy of the 1.04 patch, should be enough. But every time I try to download the game, it's up to date. How do I "dowgrade" it?

this method still work, but you need to have Json files from previos patch i only see 1.11 on orbispatches

edit: do you mean classic doom? i do found 1.04 json 

Edited by KillLaGil

On 5/18/2021 at 5:08 AM, KillLaGil said:

Thanks! After some tinkering, I was able to download version 1.00 of DOOM and DOOM II (and The Last Guardian!) on my PS4 Pro. I connected the HDD I used to have plugged into it and now have on my PS5 and it got recognized immediately. I was able to move the three games onto it and now I can play them on my PS5 without any updates! I guess the 1.00 version is a tad better for Nightmare co-op, since it runs at 35 FPS, making it easier to dodge enemy fire.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone Trying to get the the game "sheltered" down to 1.00 but every time i download it no matter how many times I try or different ways using psx helper and using method 1 it always downloads the 1.03 version of the game. the plat is unobtainable unless i can get back to 1.00. I have been following the guide every step of the way, psx helper comes up with a error whenever I hit start saying "input string was not in correct format" not sure if that helps really looking to finish this game off, any help would be appreciated :) 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, CloudCamel said:

Any news regarding PS5? Wouldn't work for me last week, using the method in the OP.

Downgrading PS4 games on PS5 works, I have already done that.

PS5 games won't work with PSX Download Helper and I forgot to test Maquette with Charles proxy which I said I would couple weeks ago.

1 minute ago, HusKy said:

Downgrading PS4 games on PS5 works, I have already done that.

PS5 games won't work with PSX Download Helper and I forgot to test Maquette with Charles proxy which I said I would couple weeks ago.

Hm, I tried to downgrade the Uncharted Nathan Drake collection, to use the UC2 tweak glitch, but it would only download the 3.xx GB version. It would also sometimes not allow me to download games, giving me some kind of network connection despite having the network test confirm I'm online.

7 minutes ago, CloudCamel said:

Hm, I tried to downgrade the Uncharted Nathan Drake collection, to use the UC2 tweak glitch, but it would only download the 3.xx GB version. It would also sometimes not allow me to download games, giving me some kind of network connection despite having the network test confirm I'm online.

I only use method 2 combined with proxy server and that usually works.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried both methods and I haven't managed to make any of them work on my PS5. The games I tried downgrading are The Witness and Uncharted 4.

In the case of method 1, the game will always be updated to the latest version.

For method 2, I couldn't get the script to work properly. I managed to set up the proxy and get some download links to show in the console. The problem is that the same link are being written to the console multiple times (one link contains an appgo file and another a ppkgo). After downloading the appkgo pkg file and placing it in the data folder, the program will keep displaying the same link that contains the package I've already downloaded over and over again, with the download on my PS not progressing at all.

If anyone is able to help me, I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I made it work to download version 1.00 of Drunkn Bar fight to get 2 locked trophies for the current version.

My problem now it that i need version 1.13 of the game to get the last trophy (worst glitched game i know!).

I have been experimenting with the PSXdownloadhelper 1.8, but i cannot seem to install the patch, even if i have the files put in the local folder.

Help?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know IF this will work why Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare?

I'm trying to knockout the 2 EXO trophies that require us to "flip" a map and was wondering if the Digital version of this game could be downgraded (so that I don't have to purchase a physical copy, LOL)...?

Thanks.