[Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.

Mako

can you use it to downgrade to a specific patch update? because with DOOM 1 on the PS4 reverting it back to v1.00 does not work. because they say a bethesda account is required to play this title. so l need to revert back to Patch 1.03.

im currently on patch v1.09 which has made one of the trophies impossible. so l need to get it back to version 1.03 before bethesda screwed everyone over with their horrible patch.

v1.09 makes one trophy unattainable.
v1.03 is what l want to get before the horrid patch.
v1.00 is impossible to even run the game, because it pops up and says this game requires a Bethesda account in order to play. And Version 1.03 is the one you want that passes that unneeded log In and runs the game properly how it did at launch.

I did use the PSX download helper and it did work perfectly. It reverted the digital DOOM download back to its ORIGINAL state of 1.00. BUT the game won't load. Like it loads everything to the main screen but when you press start it says a Bethesda account is required to play this game. And l searched the internet and they all say yea v1.00 will not work anymore because it requires at least v1.03 as that bypasses that required check in. 

So yea is it possible to use the PSX download helper to revert back to a specific patch? v.1.09 makes a trophy impossible with everything sped up 5x faster. v1.00 is impossible to even run the game. v1.03 is the one needed to revert the game BACK to its playable state on Nightmare Mode, and doesn't require a log in to start the game.

Edited by PlatinumChaser
Wanted to add more detail
  • Like 1

On 05/12/2021 at 6:38 AM, IsaacDK503 said:

Method 1 doesn't work for me, I tried downgrade Nathan Drake Collection but I can't

It does work bro. I also thought it didn't work at first. Because my test connection said failed everytime l tried it. But the problem was alot of peoples video guides were not really explanatory on the main part.

You have to start the download helper and put the program in the language you want. Then close the program and then boot the program up again. 

Then go to your PS4 and when you get to proxy select use, then put in the ID that is listed on the PSX download helper and the port number and make sure both match. 

Then BEFORE clicking test connection click start on the PSX download helper so it starts running, then click test connection on the PS4 and it should succeed on the test then. 

If it still doesn't work it might of released on PSN with the patches already on it. But you can still get the Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection back to v1.00 if you really need. You just have to buy the physical copy and delete the update patch from the PS4. 

On 16/11/2018 at 0:41 PM, AJ_Radio said:

Still, that's largely unfair for the people who had to go through the games without using exploits. Not that they are banned or anything because most exploits in games are perfectly acceptable and don't break the game trophy wise.

This is an interesting piece of software which if this catches on, some trophy hunters will use this to great effect. But I'm just going to skip this altogether and play my games with the patches, which usually bring improvements.

While this is actually true in most cases, it is NOT the case why l want to use it. V1.00 is no good because DOOM 1 on the PS4 will not even run now on that version, because it says it REQUIRES a Bethesda account in order to play this title. 

And the latest patch is v1.09 which has basically made Nightmare on DOOM1 almost impossible. Enemies have been REVED UP and now run/shoot/attack 5 times faster. And they are also alot stronger to. When the game FIRST re released on PSN in 2019 Nightmare Mode was like all the other modes, but alittle bit faster and stronger and shoot a little faster and enemy respawns took longer. NOW they respawn within 10 seconds and they are stupid fast and strong and you die every 10-20 seconds, and by the time you respawn the enemies and monsters you killed have all respawned to.

So the people who got the NOT So Bad trophy when the game was first released had it 100 times EASIER to get that trophy for a whole year before they patched it. Now since the patch it is completely unfair for other trophy hunters who now have to deal with an insane task.

So it might be true that this program makes it unfair for some who had to struggle without bugs in the beginning, but people like me are now struggling because the people in the beginning had it 100 times EASIER before the patch released to make it almost impossible 

On 18/04/2022 at 6:49 AM, PlatinumChaser said:

can you use it to downgrade to a specific patch update? because with DOOM 1 on the PS4 reverting it back to v1.00 does not work. because they say a bethesda account is required to play this title. so l need to revert back to Patch 1.03.

im currently on patch v1.09 which has made one of the trophies impossible. so l need to get it back to version 1.03 before bethesda screwed everyone over with their horrible patch.

v1.09 makes one trophy unattainable.
v1.03 is what l want to get before the horrid patch.
v1.00 is impossible to even run the game, because it pops up and says this game requires a Bethesda account in order to play. And Version 1.03 is the one you want that passes that unneeded log In and runs the game properly how it did at launch.

I did use the PSX download helper and it did work perfectly. It reverted the digital DOOM download back to its ORIGINAL state of 1.00. BUT the game won't load. Like it loads everything to the main screen but when you press start it says a Bethesda account is required to play this game. And l searched the internet and they all say yea v1.00 will not work anymore because it requires at least v1.03 as that bypasses that required check in. 

So yea is it possible to use the PSX download helper to revert back to a specific patch? v.1.09 makes a trophy impossible with everything sped up 5x faster. v1.00 is impossible to even run the game. v1.03 is the one needed to revert the game BACK to its playable state on Nightmare Mode, and doesn't require a log in to start the game.

Use Charles to download a specific patch thread is found here. If you're looking for patch 1.03, unfortunately, ORBIS patches only has 1.12 or 1.11 for both US and EU versions.

UPDATE: @Mako You need to update the OP to state that 1.00 DIGITAL PS4 GAMES ON PS5 DOES NOT WORK. Thanks to @HusKy for verifying that Node.js is now broken on PS5 as well as PSX helper (this has been confirmed previously) and Charles isn't used (as far as I'm aware of) to download pre-patched games, only download specific patches for games.

Hence, my god-run on Skyrim Special Edition is now dead, platinum for Binding of Isaac is now dead (cba for the headache) and Stardew Valley quick method for Joja co. is dead (although I'll still platinum this game since there's a lot of hype surrounding it).

Edited by Blasphemous_Bish

Yes, I can confirm that none of these methods work on PS5.

On PS4, you can just close connection when the console sends a request to download patch file (ppkgo). But on PS5, closing the connection will immediately cancel the download including the base game.

I tried playing around with different response values and HTTP headers but PS5 was pretty adamant about downloading that patch.

On 12/4/2021 at 0:38 PM, IsaacDK503 said:

Method 1 doesn't work for me, I tried downgrade Nathan Drake Collection but I can't

I'm trying Method 2 for the Nathan Drake Collection literally right now and it seems to be working fine. I suspect it's because the game is broken up among multiple packages, and the single "game" is actually three games in one. Resetting my network connection back to the non-proxy version ended up putting me on 1.02 again, so I'm just downloading one package at a time as needed. Long process, but better than downloading the whole thing and needing to start again.

On 18.04.2022 at 9:05 AM, PlatinumChaser said:

It does work bro. I also thought it didn't work at first. Because my test connection said failed everytime l tried it. But the problem was alot of peoples video guides were not really explanatory on the main part.

You have to start the download helper and put the program in the language you want. Then close the program and then boot the program up again. 

Then go to your PS4 and when you get to proxy select use, then put in the ID that is listed on the PSX download helper and the port number and make sure both match. 

Then BEFORE clicking test connection click start on the PSX download helper so it starts running, then click test connection on the PS4 and it should succeed on the test then. 

If it still doesn't work it might of released on PSN with the patches already on it. But you can still get the Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection back to v1.00 if you really need. You just have to buy the physical copy and delete the update patch from the PS4. 

Disabling firewall on pc seems to solves it.

Edited by thesahinonur

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know why it works only on smaller games? i explain better: when i download files bigger than maybe 10gb at a certain point i get an error and download stops without the possibility to resume it. Meanwhile the pc's fan starts to spinning. Seems that's its something thats depend from pc, as the more u download the more resources are needed. In fact i found a way to raise download autonomy by some gb's, pausing download, waiting for cooldown pc, and resuming download. in this way i gain maybe 2-3gb extra, but its still too low for big games. any ideas?

Edited by XpanderFX

On 25/7/2020 at 8:41 PM, Mixtract said:

I don't know if you still didn't figure out how to do it but..

FOR MAC:

1- Download node.js installer from: https://nodejs.org/en/download/

once it's downloaded open the installer pkg and install it

2- Download the psx script from: https://github.com/harryi3t/psx-download-helper-nodejs/archive/master.zip

once it's downloaded unzip the file and preferably leave it in the Downloads folder and don't change its name

3- open your terminal (it's in the Utility folder in Applications) and type:

cd ~/Downloads/psx-download-helper-nodejs-master

and then type:

npm i

then

node index.js

once you do that you gonna see this:

Reveal hidden contents

Screen-Shot-2020-07-25-at-9-23-55-PM.png

4- Start up your ps4 and make sure auto updates are turned off (in Settings>System>Automatic Downloads> Turn off Application Update Files) then go to Network>Set Up Internet Connection>Wi-Fi>Custom>Choose your network (the same as your Mac)>for IP address choose Automatic>Do not Specify>Automatic>Automatic>for Proxy Server choose Use> here go back to your Mac and hold alt and click the wifi icon on your menu bar, it's gonna show few info about the network and you gonna find "IP Address: XXX.XXX.X.XXX" put this address in your PS4 under Address, for Port Number put the one that shows in your terminal (Probably 8081) and connect.

5- Go to your library and download the game you want (Yes do this after connecting to the proxy unlike what the original guide says bc that's how it worked for me) once you start the download it'll immediately fail. once it fails go back to your Mac and check your terminal, it's gonna show a link, copy the link and go to your browser and download it. once it finishes (it's gonna be a .pkg file) move that file to the data folder inside the script folder (it's named psx-download-helper-nodejs-master > data)

6- Once you put the pkg file inside the data folder go back to your ps4 and resume the download once it starts downloading (let it download for a minutes or two to be sure) go to network and connect normally to your network (without proxy) and you can turn off your Mac. this should let it download the rest of the game from the official servers without the patch (I tried it for a few games and it worked just fine)

This method works better for me bc downloading the whole game through the psx helper takes like 10x the time.

Hope this helps. 

As someone, 2 years ago, already said, YOU'RE A FUC...IN LEGEND! this method works flawlessly and download past the "critical 9gb" point of method1. Another plus is now i have one less reason for keeping the windows partition on my mac :-)

IMG-6626.jpg

IMG-6627.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Checking in as someone who was struggling with Method 1 in order to complete Super Blackjack!

Followed the directions to a T, but it kept downloading v1.01. 

To fix this, I went into my firewall settings (for me, it was Windows Defender) and granted permission for the PSX program to go through the firewall. Next time I downloaded, it was 1.00!

If you're here, you're prob struggling like I was. If you're struggling like I was, this is prob your fix.

On 6/15/2022 at 10:31 PM, XpanderFX said:

As someone, 2 years ago, already said, YOU'RE A FUC...IN LEGEND! this method works flawlessly and download past the "critical 9gb" point of method1. Another plus is now i have one less reason for keeping the windows partition on my mac :-)

IMG-6626.jpg

IMG-6627.jpg

Is the platinum easier in v.1.0  for Ark? im out of the loop and would love if someone or you could explain in it.  i know that this a dev/admin console and i was with the idea that it still works on the latest patch

On 28/6/2022 at 6:26 PM, leandroxpto said:

Is the platinum easier in v.1.0  for Ark? im out of the loop and would love if someone or you could explain in it.  i know that this a dev/admin console and i was with the idea that it still works on the latest patch

only the max survivor trophy dont popped with known method on last version so i had to do it with 1.00. However, meanwhile, an alternative method was found even for latest version, so no reason to download 1.00

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry if I sound really dumb but how do you download it exactly? I went to the download link that he gave us and downloaded it but I couldn't start it. I don't know how to install it on my windows. Any help is appreciated!

Edited by Modernrize

8 minutes ago, Modernrize said:

I'm sorry if I sound really dumb but how do you download it exactly? I went to the download link that he gave us and downloaded it but I couldn't start it. I don't know how to install it on my windows. Any help is appreciated!

You mean...The program itself? Just download psx.rar, open it with winrar, total commander, any RAR manager if you do not have any built-in, extract the files and... Start.

That's the question?

7 minutes ago, Smashero said:

You mean...The program itself? Just download psx.rar, open it with winrar, total commander, any RAR manager if you do not have any built-in, extract the files and... Start.

That's the question?

Yes, thank you! I didn't know what to do after I downloaded the rar file. 

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Is this possible with an Samsung Galaxy Tab?

To download the program, anyone tried?

To download - yes, sure.

To start - yyy... Running Windows software on Android?...

(or I am missing sth)...

Edited by Smashero

After downloading the .rar folder and locating the app, it won't launch. If I try to open it, nothing happens. I also tried to play a bit with the compatibility but nothing, the application does not launch at all.

PS: I'm on windows 10.

Edited by VirtualNight

9 hours ago, gabrzzz said:

Hello everyone, I wanted to share another method that doesn't need installing any program.
(I didn't discover this, credits goes to who shared it: qLucas, Jats Tube. And who discovered it: Cronus).

The PS4 requires you to have the double of a game's size available in order to download it.

1. Your PS4 needs to be running out of storage space for the game you want the 1.00 version.
2. Start downloading any games to make your storage full. You can pause them after they start downloading. (When it shows how much time left to finish)
3. When you run out of storage space, start downloading the game you want the 1.00 version.
4. The error of not having enough storage should occur.
5. Go to Settings -> Network -> Disable internet in the console.
6. With the internet off resume the download.
7. The message "Preparing to download... (1%)" will appear.
8. You can now delete the paused games you started downloading to make your storage full.
9. Go back to Settings -> Network -> Enable the internet again.
10. The game will automatically re-download on version 1.00.

Example:

MfVItCI.png

WHOA! It reads as 1.00 for me too (EU)! nice find!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gabrzzz said:

Hello everyone, I wanted to share another method that doesn't need installing any program.
(I didn't discover this, credits goes to who shared it: qLucas, Jats Tube. And who discovered it: Cronus).

The PS4 requires you to have the double of a game's size available in order to download it.

1. Your PS4 needs to be running out of storage space for the game you want the 1.00 version.
2. Start downloading any games to make your storage full. You can pause them after they start downloading. (When it shows how much time left to finish)
3. When you run out of storage space, start downloading the game you want the 1.00 version.
4. The error of not having enough storage should occur.
5. Go to Settings -> Network -> Disable internet in the console.
6. With the internet off resume the download.
7. The message "Preparing to download... (1%)" will appear.
8. You can now delete the paused games you started downloading to make your storage full.
9. Go back to Settings -> Network -> Enable the internet again.
10. The game will automatically re-download on version 1.00.

Example:

MfVItCI.png

This definitely works. It's currently downloading and the file size is 5.3GB, not the usual 9.6GB. (NA) Excellent find, thank you so much for sharing.