[Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.

Mako

On 11/17/2018 at 10:41 AM, bpmotard said:

If I'm able to do this later it would be amazing, Baja: Edge of Control HD with the 1.06 update fixed some trophies but broke some that were good before the update

Interesting, I would think that some games don’t accept later version save files on earlier version save files, so it would become a headache to balance everything and get a game done without playing on 2 separate save files, stupid either way! 

That's fucking amazing, dude. Great discover.

EDIT: here's some games that will be very useful to test with the "patch deleter":

- Paladins (if this method works and the game can be played at 1.0, the 100 cards trophy will be MUCH MORE easy and FAST to unlock)

- Micro Machines

Edited by APCGrayLocked
games to test

1 hour ago, APCGrayLocked said:

That's fucking amazing, dude. Great discover.

EDIT: here's some games that will be very useful to test with the "patch deleter":

- Paladins (if this method works and the game can be played at 1.0, the 100 cards trophy will be MUCH MORE easy and FAST to unlock)

- Micro Machines

Both of those are online only games afaik, doubt this will work.

16 hours ago, RNumbers said:

And here is the tutorial/demo video:

https://youtu.be/pau4RQ7CYZY

It's 8 minutes long but you really only have to watch 5. The end is instructions for doing away with the proxy and demonstrating that the latest patch then gets applied.

That's exactly what I did, but it always comes patched

Have you tried it in other games as well?

7 minutes ago, LucasDiasC said:

That's exactly what I did, but it always comes patched

Have you tried it in other games as well?

Just one, Tesla vs Lovecraft, which came at 1.01. I guess it may not be a universal method, but we always suspected that.

There may still be a way to use PSX download helper to down rev those games, if you can prevent the patch files from downloading. More research is needed.

• Like 1

Hey, this is an awesome find @Mako! I currently have no use for the workaround, however, I can definitely see myself utilising it in the future (so hopefully nothing comes up which voids use of the PSX Download Helper). I wonder if this will work for games like Dragon Age: Inquisition or The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, since both of those games had useful exploits which were patched fairly early on.

17 minutes ago, Mako said:

If anyone knows C# and can figure out how Method 1 grabs/blocks the links, please let me know. Would like to figure out why it works fine for some people and not so much for others.

I think it's based on the game and not the user. Unless we have confirmed cases of the same game behaving differently. I've read about some methods using a couple of other programs in conjunction with PSX DH to grab individual links. That might help.

Edit: It's PSX Link Generator and Internet Download Manager. Not sure how legit these are yet, but if anyone is feeling adventurous...

Edited by RNumbers

Just now, RNumbers said:

I think it's based on the game and not the user. Unless we have confirmed cases of the same game behaving differently. I've read about some methods using a couple of other programs in conjunction with PSX DH to grab individual links. That might help.

I've had a few people say it doesn't work for some games and others who say the same games work, Singstar for example. Singstar will sometimes try to download the patch for me, most of the time it won't. resetting the proxy typically fixes this so i'm pretty sure its program/proxy related

4 minutes ago, Mako said:

I've had a few people say it doesn't work for some games and others who say the same games work, Singstar for example. Singstar will sometimes try to download the patch for me, most of the time it won't. resetting the proxy typically fixes this so i'm pretty sure its program/proxy related

I'll try with singstar this weekend and see what happens.

To be fair, I'm surprised the GUI app from method #1 is even installing unpatched games. It's supposed to bypass slow download speeds, mostly the terrible receive window, and provide a local cache for your PSN downloads.

My guess would be that there's a bug somewhere and it might prevent the game from being fully installed from time to time. The code has not been updated in the past 3 years.

Anyway:

Also, lots of manual work around handling HTTP requests.

TL;DR There's most likely a bug that "acts" as a feature.

The node.js script is also supposed to install full game including the patch. There is no "patch blocker" or anything like that.

Edited by HusKyCode
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, HusKyCode said:

My guess would be that there's a bug somewhere and it might prevent the game from being fully installed from time to time. The code has not been updated in the past 3 years.

TL;DR There's most likely a bug that "acts" as a feature.

I figured that was the case, was hoping it wasn't. Well time to see if there's anything i can do to make it work the way we want it too.

Well, while not the best solution, It's possible to have someone else connect to your working proxy and download using method 1 if they are unable to get it to work.
Port forward the port the program uses and send them your public IP and the port to enter in the proxy settings on the ps4. you need to stay connected the whole time it downloads otherwise it'll regrab the patch.

It might be region related if the program 'works' or not, no Brazilians i know are able to get it to disable patches. if this isn't the case let me know.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried blocking requests through Charles?

Originally, I did not even attempt this with Mad Max since I already had v1.00 on the disc.

Basically, the steps would be similar like in the Mad Max guide:

1. Start download

2. Wait for PS4 to fetch description JSON, e.g. "EP1018-CUSA00054_00-MADMAXTHEGAME001-A0105-V0100.json"

3. Add this request to blacklist

4. Stop download, delete game if needed, start download in PS4

If that does not work then it might be a good idea to try to block individual ".pkg" files from being downloaded. Some patches consist of multiple files and it might be necessary to block all of them (although I would expect PS4 to stop downloading once the first file fails).

Edited by HusKyCode

On 11/16/2018 at 9:06 PM, RNumbers said:

Disc games can already be reset to v1.00 simply by deleting the game information and blocking patch downloads. I don't know of any disc games that come pre-patched, although I suppose it's possible.

What's the issue with Doom?

go on my trophies and Look at doom.

8 hours ago, mriaborat9 said:

go on my trophies and Look at doom.

No, thanks. If you want help or advice with an issue, I'm glad to look into it to see if this method could help, but I'm not going on a fact finding mission just to find out what the problem is.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Trope Hore said:

i'm sure this has already been asked, but is there a way to revert to a particular, non–1.00 version?  E.G.   No Man's Sky has some sweet exploits on 1.03 that weren't on 1.00

Not using this method, but potentially using Charles (aka the Mad Max method from HuskyCode).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trope Hore said:

i'm sure this has already been asked, but is there a way to revert to a particular, non–1.00 version?  E.G.   No Man's Sky has some sweet exploits on 1.03 that weren't on 1.00

What Numbers said. If they work in 1.05 i can give you the patch link.

I can't get this to work at all. When I set up the proxy server with PSX and set the PS4 up to connect to it, I get told that I can't connect to the internet even though I've followed the instructions exactly and even made sure that my computer and PS4 were on the same Wi-Fi network. Shame since I wanted to try to get a trophy from Tetris Ultimate using this method since there was a glitch in version 1.00 that let you cheat the 60-second sprint in Team Versus Sprint with two controllers and two AI.

EDIT: Tried Method 2 and it still doesn't work because when I go to connect to the proxy server, the PS4 tells me it can't connect and throws error code CE-33986-9 at me.

EDIT2: Managed to get it working with Method 1. I had to manually allow PSX to use Port 8080 through my firewall to get it to finally work.

EDIT3: Method 1 gave me Patch 1.02 for Tetris Ultimate anyway, which is the latest patch. :|

Edited by Walt the Dog

1 hour ago, Walt the Dog said:

EDIT3: Method 1 gave me Patch 1.02 for Tetris Ultimate anyway, which is the latest patch. :|

sounds like you're also getting hit by it not working for no reason, not much i can say other than possibly keep restarting.

15 hours ago, quickfoozlle said:

Has anybody tried these tools with Surgeon Simulator and Table Top Racing?

Both games are much easier without any patches.

Do you think it works with the Anniversary Edition of surgeon simulator ? :)

How much easier would it be with the 1.0 Version ?

https://store.playstation.com/de-de/product/EP4491-CUSA00861_00-SURGEONSIM000001