[Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.

Mako

2 hours ago, Trope Hore said:

method 2 seems just as reliable as method 1 from my experience. Method 1 stopped working for me, and method 2 didn't work either. It forces me to download the /ppkgo/ files

@timpurnat  so does this debug stuff actually work? https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/kerbal-space-program/323947-easy-platinum-guide-1-2-hours-cheat-warning.html

Yes it works but you will need more than 2hrs to get a plat because it takes a lot of time to learn basic mechanics of the game. I needed like 10+hrs. Also this guide isn't very useful if have never played the game. I'll link you some guides that are more detailed.

This one is very useful for the hardest trophies
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/kerbal-space-program/327773-trophy-tips.html

And here are 2 full walkthroughs, they are great but the one on trueachivements takes a bit more legit approach and it's kinda useless, it's good for learning the basics tho. The other one is full video guide and it's great but I found a bit better and more efficient ways for some trophies, but you should definitely use the vessels that he made.

https://www.trueachievements.com/walkthroughfull.aspx?walkthroughid=2056

Also there is one very annoying trophy, I recommend using this method.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

Good luck??

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Trope Hore said:

method 2 seems just as reliable as method 1 from my experience. Method 1 stopped working for me, and method 2 didn't work either. It forces me to download the /ppkgo/ files

@timpurnat  so does this debug stuff actually work? https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/kerbal-space-program/323947-easy-platinum-guide-1-2-hours-cheat-warning.html

And method 2 should work , you must be doing something wrong because I used it multiple times now and it worked everytime. It worked for me in kerbal space program, surgeon sim, Table top racing. What does message do you get in cmd? Do you even get an error at the start? Do you download the right file on your PC(appgo)? What game are you trying to download, I can try to download it if I have it. Please tell me more about your problem so I can figure out what's wrong?

On 10/3/2019 at 3:45 PM, timpurnat said:

And method 2 should work , you must be doing something wrong because I used it multiple times now and it worked everytime. It worked for me in kerbal space program, surgeon sim, Table top racing. What does message do you get in cmd? Do you even get an error at the start? Do you download the right file on your PC(appgo)? What game are you trying to download, I can try to download it if I have it. Please tell me more about your problem so I can figure out what's wrong?

thanks for the tips!

i tried it with Ruiner and then Mercenary Kings. Neither worked, even though the latter worked months ago

i don't get any errors; cmd gets filled with links just like it's supposed to, i download the appkgo etc, but eventually there's only ppkgo links that appear :dunno:

9 hours ago, Trope Hore said:

thanks for the tips!

i tried it with Ruiner and then Mercenary Kings. Neither worked, even though the latter worked months ago

i don't get any errors; cmd gets filled with links just like it's supposed to, i download the appkgo etc, but eventually there's only ppkgo links that appear :dunno:

Sorry don't own those games but I think it should work with all games anyway. It's weird because you should get an error right after you start downloading the game.  And after you download the game on PC and put it in data folder , there shouldn't be any ppkgo packages downloading. Do you start downloading the game and pause it before you connect your ps4 with PC? You should get an error after you connect ps4 with PC and you resume the download. I don't know what could cause ppkgo files do download orher than that.

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1

I tried method 1 and 2 on The Binding of Isaac Rebirth and neither worked for me. I dont know if I was doing something wrong or what. i tried method 1 several times and each time it just downloaded v1.08 (newest patch) instead of v1.00. i tried method 2 twice, the first time it gave me the newest patch and the second time it just says cannot download.

20 hours ago, Trope Hore said:

thanks for the tips!

same thing happened to me with the binding of isaac when i tried method 2, i tried it again and then my ps4 just refused to download. it just kept giving me cannot download error

My concern is getting a trophy called Insured in “Super Blackjack 2 Turbo Edition.” I bought a laptop in an attempt to use either method but I couldn’t even use the first one because I didn’t know what program that the method uses nor couldn’t figure out what. I haven’t done the second method since it looks like a lot of careful coding.

Can a veteran just test it and confirm if it works or doesn’t at this time?

On 10/8/2019 at 6:12 PM, TheDraegonLord said:

Have you heard anything from the developers about the patch that supposedly is coming?

I am no where near equipped to try this but why don’t you guys see if it works with another game to see if Sony somehow implemented a block.

On 10/9/2019 at 5:09 AM, Xemik said:

Not heard or read anything since the update on here. In January the devs said that the patch was with Sony & would be out in 1-2 weeks. Hm...

Anyone know how to contact the devs?

Would someone please see if this still works with a different game who has experience with it?

14 hours ago, TheDraegonLord said:

My concern is getting a trophy called Insured in “Super Blackjack 2 Turbo Edition.” I bought a laptop in an attempt to use either method but I couldn’t even use the first one because I didn’t know what program that the method uses nor couldn’t figure out what. I haven’t done the second method since it looks like a lot of careful coding.

That's the same trophy that's got me watching this thread. So I'll be interested to see if you get this to work.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheDraegonLord said:

Have you heard anything from the developers about the patch that supposedly is coming?

Not heard or read anything since the update on here. In January the devs said that the patch was with Sony & would be out in 1-2 weeks. Hm...

Anyone know how to contact the devs?

• Like 1

On 06/10/2019 at 9:32 PM, alex75346 said:

I tried method 1 and 2 on The Binding of Isaac Rebirth and neither worked for me. I dont know if I was doing something wrong or what. i tried method 1 several times and each time it just downloaded v1.08 (newest patch) instead of v1.00. i tried method 2 twice, the first time it gave me the newest patch and the second time it just says cannot download.

I just tested method 2 and it works fine for Binding of Isaac Rebirth. Make sure you start the proxy before starting any downloads.

• Like 2

On 08/10/2019 at 6:34 AM, TheDraegonLord said:

My concern is getting a trophy called Insured in “Super Blackjack 2 Turbo Edition.”

Ok, I'm stumped. I couldn't get Method 1 to work because there's no .exe in the ZIp.

So I used Method 2, got connected & downloaded two files, except one of the files has the same name as the original with "A0101-V0100" appended. Obviously this is the 1.01 update that broke one of the trophies, but I can't figure out how to stop the PS using it. The install won't complete unless it's in the Data folder.

Auto update is off, but I think this only applies to downloading.

Am I missing something or is installing V1 and not possible any more?

Edit:

Woohoo! Success with Method 2!

The instructions say you need to start the download, then pause it before switching to the proxy. Tried this 3 times, but it always tanked 2/3 in. So I deleted this failed d/l and restarted from my Library while connected to the proxy (which accessed the files I'd already d/led, of course). This installed V1 successfully and I now have the plat'. :D

PS
I've left my original post intact, because I thought it might help others avpid the trap I apparently fell in to.

Edited by Xemik
Update
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Xemik said:

Ok, I'm stumped. I couldn't get Method 1 to work because there's no .exe in the ZIp.

So I used Method 2, got connected & downloaded two files, except one of the files has the same name as the original with "A0101-V0100" appended. Obviously this is the 1.01 update that broke one of the trophies, but I can't figure out how to stop the PS using it. The install won't complete unless it's in the Data folder.

Auto update is off, but I think this only applies to downloading.

Am I missing something or is installing V1 and not possible any more?

Edit:

Woohoo! Success with Method 2!

The instructions say you need to start the download, then pause it before switching to the proxy. Tried this 3 times, but it always tanked 2/3 in. So I deleted this failed d/l and restarted from my Library while connected to the proxy (which accessed the files I'd already d/led, of course). This installed V1 successfully and I now have the plat'. :D

PS
I've left my original post intact, because I thought it might help others avpid the trap I apparently fell in to.

Were you using a pc or laptop for method 2?

Congratulations for a successful attempt.

49 minutes ago, TheDraegonLord said:

Were you using a pc or laptop for method 2?

Congratulations for a successful attempt.

I used a Windows 10 desktop.

I was puzzling as to why starting the download as normal, then switching to the proxy didn't work (after all, that's what Method 2 suggests), but starting new one while the proxy was active worked correctly..

Since computers are logical beasts I have a theory. I suspect that when the download is initiated it checks the number of files in the 'data' folder and flags them for download, so won't complete if it can't d/l them all. For an internet d/l this would be the V1 PKG and (I assume) all update PKGs, but for the local PC/proxy I renamed the update PKG so when the d/l started it only saw one valid file.

If this is correct it would mean that we could d/l the base PKG and select which progressive updates to also include. This might be helpful if earlier updates fixed an issue, but a later one broke something else.

So, I'm going to have a bash at Real Farm next.

• Like 1

Glad you got it working. Re-reading my post I realize it is a little cryptic but this is what I meant by start the proxy before starting the download. That you need to be connected to the proxy before you even press download.

11 hours ago, Xemik said:

Since computers are logical beasts I have a theory. I suspect that when the download is initiated it checks the number of files in the 'data' folder and flags them for download, so won't complete if it can't d/l them all. For an internet d/l this would be the V1 PKG and (I assume) all update PKGs, but for the local PC/proxy I renamed the update PKG so when the d/l started it only saw one valid file.

The proxy is just a download manager it has no logic for this. When starting a download, it does a request for a json file first which lists the pkg files that need to be downloaded. This list doesn't include the update files. I haven't monitored the network traffic but my assumption is that there is a response header on the pkg files when downloading from the internet that tells the PS4 to also download updates, but when running via the proxy this response header is not added. Alternatively the header is on the json file and it is unintentionally stripped when going via the proxy.

13 hours ago, Xemik said:

If this is correct it would mean that we could d/l the base PKG and select which progressive updates to also include. This might be helpful if earlier updates fixed an issue, but a later one broke something else.

PS4 will only download base game + latest patch. It does not download all of the patches in order.

You could however download, for example, v1.01 update package, rename it to v1.05 and when the PS4 requests patch v1.05, the proxy will serve that renamed file.

This is *kinda* what I did with Mad Max back in the day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bjenn_x said:

Glad you got it working. Re-reading my post I realize it is a little cryptic but this is what I meant by start the proxy before starting the download. That you need to be connected to the proxy before you even press download.

Actually it's not cryptic at all, I read your post a few days ago, but it never came to mind when I decided to give this a try. I was only researching at the time. ?

2 hours ago, bjenn_x said:

The proxy is just a download manager it has no logic for this. When starting a download, it does a request for a json file first which lists the pkg files that need to be downloaded. [snip]

Is there any significant differences between Method 1 & 2? Other than the user interface, of course. I ask, because I attempted to d/l Real Farm last night and it appeared to d/l ok, but when installed its XMB image was a black square instead of the tractor picture. It ran, but just displays a black screen with a swirling cursor. Eventually, the intro music plays, but that's it. It doesn't stiff the PS4. I can switch between the XMB and game at will.

The link on the front page seems to point to a project which needs to be built. I checked online and the help videos show a very different list of files in the 'proper' ZIP.  I couldn't find a zip to d/l that didn't want me to register, pay or add a (likely) unsafe Chrome add-in.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Xemik said:

Is there any significant differences between Method 1 & 2? Other than the user interface, of course. I ask, because I attempted to d/l Real Farm last night and it appeared to d/l ok, but when installed its XMB image was a black square instead of the tractor picture. It ran, but just displays a black screen with a swirling cursor. Eventually, the intro music plays, but that's it. It doesn't stiff the PS4. I can switch between the XMB and game at will.

I haven't tried method 1 since I have a mac. Method 2 also just seems like the easier choice, but maybe that's because I'm familiar with node. I don't have Real Farm to test so can't really say. It could be some games are packaged differently, or a corrupt install, or it is just broken in v1.0.0 ?

Method 1 didn't work for the game GoNNer unfortunately which kind of sucks because on current patch the game doesn't save any of your item progress if you close the game, and anything found past stage 2 doesn't get saved ever so you basically have to start fresh every single playthrough unfortunately.

Edited by iGGTheEnd

• 1 month later...

So I am a bit familiar with both methods - worked ok for me for one title.

Now I am trying to get to earlier version of "Lost Ember" since there is a theory that newest patch broke one trophy.

So after setting up method 2 and starting to download on PS4 it shows that the game is 15GB.

And there are three files called

EP2945-CUSA15538_00-LOSTEMBER0000000_"X".pkg where X is 0,1,2.

I copied the 2x 4 GB and 1x 100 MB file links shown on CMD line to my browser and downloaded them to my PC - so the totalis like ~8GB - HALF of what PS4 "wants"...

Copied those files to "Data" folder and restarted downloading on PS4 - files where were properly copied (downloaded via proxy) BUT then on CMD I see that PS4 still

"demands" more files (6+2.4 GB) named

EP2945-CUSA15538_00-LOSTEMBER0000000-A0117-V0100_1.pkg and 2.pkg

which are obviously 1.17 patch (A0117) which I would "like not" to install.

Anyway to bypass this and "force" downloaded "1.00" files to install only?  

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/81950-missing-memory/?do=findComment&comment=1963443

Edited by Smashero