100% not required for Platinum is disappointing

31 minutes ago, Trope Hore said:

u shouldnt let trophies dictate  how u play :)  hav fun and juss b urself ^_^

i agree with this, though if i was put in this situation i'll tend to just do everything required to the 100% and then move on to the next one even if it meant not finishing the final boss and seeing the ending (can always youtube that part).

• Like 2

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:05 AM, LunchCannon54 said:

Anyone else a bit miffed by this?

The other two require them and I don't see why they didn't do it here. Perhaps a DLC trophy in future? 

I'm kind of glad in a way though considering how broken a lot of the mechanics are in 3. It feels the most rushed out of any of them and I encountered several glaring bugs and glitches during my run. 

A little odd seeing as the other 2 did, but I still 100% 3 even though it wasn't needed.

I never encountered any bugs in the spyro trilogy other than one of the thieves in mystic marsh getting stuck behind a power up giving me an easy kill,

What bugs did you encounter?

Platinums that 100% is not required is my favourite type of platinums. I think that this type of platinum presents two possibilities of hunting for trophies. The first is simply having platinum in your account, and the other is having platinum and hundred percent. This second option is for real trophyhunters. I personally think that the most important thing is to get platinum, and trophies from DLC are only for having the higher number of trophies.

• Like 2

the real problem is not about you don't need to 100% it, but what bothering me is that toys for bob delayed this collection three months for " more care and love " for nothing!

they never attempting to put all three games in the disc or at least two discs nor to ironing out the bugs and glitches also they said the PS4 Pro and XBONEX run the games with no enhancements not even HDR and hilariously can't even get 50FPS, I did spotted some area in spyro's 1 and 2 that sounded like a quick rushed patch.

It sounded like they delayed the collection until the backlash about the insane extra 36GB ( which is actually bigger than the file size that's already on the disc ) to died down and people to finally taking it with a grain of salt while toys for bob's defenders to do their job by damage controlling the situation.

it's Activision, any game came incomplete/rushed/screwed up/micro transaction heaven/to please the shareholders, should be the norm by these greedy publishers without been so surprised ( Activision, EA, Ubisoft, Bethesda, WB and sometimes Microsoft )

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 4

On 11/19/2018 at 5:40 AM, Gaberdude said:

It doesn't bother me that it doesn't require 100%, but it is weird that it doesn't when the other two games in the packaged trilogy do.  Actually, the trophy list itself makes me feel like this game's list was made by someone totally different from the first two.

It probably was, considering Sanzaru developed the Year of the Dragon remaster entirely. 

Also I never said it was a dealbreaker for me (plenty of other issues that are far more pressing about the remaster) and that getting the trophies is the sole source of my enjoyment, I was just expressing disappointment. You guys do realise this is a trophy hunting website, right? 

On 11/19/2018 at 2:13 PM, yellowwindow7 said:

It sounded like they delayed the collection until the backlash about the insane extra 36GB ( which is actually bigger than the file size that's already on the disc ) to died down  

That sounds about right. 

• Like 2

On 20‏/11‏/2018 at 4:24 PM, ThatMuttGuy said:

It's a little strange, but I'm going to go for 100% regardless! 

same here, I don't buy my games just for the easy trophies, the first thing that came to my mind for getting this collection is to relieve my old days with my favorite game series on the ps1.

the collection seems to be rushed out for the holidays, but at least i'm enjoying it so far, I heard the third game is really messed up but I can't wait to see the new looks of the characters and levels.

Edited by yellowwindow7
i'my to I'm
  • Like 1

I'm glad the third title doesn't require 100%. Out of the trilogy I despised the third game on PS1. An unpopular opinion I know, but I truly hated it. I hated the skateboarding. I hated the forced characters, I hated a lot of the side missions. *cough* The boxing in particular. *cough* I liked Enter The Dragonfly much more, that's how much I didn't like it. I was not looking forward to playing it again.
But the remake has me decently enjoying the third game this time around and I have played a lot further than I did on the PS1 title. I'm actually 100%ing a good chunk of the levels. So far everything except Enchanted Towers and Frozen Altars. But despite liking it more this time round I don't like it enough to 100%... at least not without ending up hating it again.
So for me this looks like it will be an enjoyable platinum.

• Like 2

After trying to complete it, I'm kinda glad they don't ask for 100%

I'm encountering game breaking bugs while trying to recover what I missed.

Lost Fleet: The darn race with the rhynocs. I already didn't like this part in the original, but now they randomly teleport ahead of me?? Like, was this game even tested? There's so many bugs! I can't seem to win that race for the life of me! One time I'm first and then I just get down to 6th place with rhynocs nowhere in sight.

Crystal Islands: The mole mission. The counter stays stuck after trying the mission once. It would stay at the previous counter and not go up. This mission, again, is already frustrating in the original. Now, it's even more aggravating with this bug and the camera so zoomed in that you can't see more than one mole at a time...

I'm beginning to think they made the platinum not requiring 100% because they knew they had those bugs but didn't have time to fix them. 

I think I'll leave this game at that until they patch it. Already have the platinum anyway :/

• Like 1

I've not gone for 100% in this game, mainly because some of the egg missions are a bit much for me.  I'm not a big fan of the races in the speedways, they're a bit tough for me, as well as other missions here and there.  But I did get close, about 125 eggs or so I managed and a good amount of gems.  But hey, I beat the Sorceress in this game, and for me, that's still a good accomplishment as I don't even think I even did that on the PS1 version.

• Like 1

Well, one of the points in platinums is that you obtain the platinum for obtaining all free trophies if you can’t afford the DLC. I heard The Eye of Judgement is the only psn game that has a platinum where you also need all the DLC trophies as well as the free trophies to obtain the platinum which is pretty dumb if you ask me.

9 hours ago, Notdog1996 said:

After trying to complete it, I'm kinda glad they don't ask for 100%

I'm encountering game breaking bugs while trying to recover what I missed.

Lost Fleet: The darn race with the rhynocs. I already didn't like this part in the original, but now they randomly teleport ahead of me?? Like, was this game even tested? There's so many bugs! I can't seem to win that race for the life of me! One time I'm first and then I just get down to 6th place with rhynocs nowhere in sight.

Crystal Islands: The mole mission. The counter stays stuck after trying the mission once. It would stay at the previous counter and not go up. This mission, again, is already frustrating in the original. Now, it's even more aggravating with this bug and the camera so zoomed in that you can't see more than one mole at a time...

I'm beginning to think they made the platinum not requiring 100% because they knew they had those bugs but didn't have time to fix them. 

I think I'll leave this game at that until they patch it. Already have the platinum anyway :/

Yeah it is incredibly buggy and that's also why I think this list is easier, not to mention that they made some of the challenges a lot easier to compensate for these glitches and broken mechanics. The Yeti race in Super Bonus Round is a complete joke in this version and I believe that may be because of (how you said) the broken skateboard mechanics in this version. I would say the mole mission in this version, though. Everything is just racing around this time, the default view is a standard one instead of top down and it's very easy to accidentally hit the other magicians because they run around so closely to the moles. Didn't take me too long, but still probably one of the more annoying ones in the remaster. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

I would say the mole mission in this version, though. Everything is just racing around this time, the default view is a standard one instead of top down and it's very easy to accidentally hit the other magicians because they run around so closely to the moles. Didn't take me too long, but still probably one of the more annoying ones in the remaster. 

I remember this always being hard even as a kid. Still the trilogy took me 5 tries, the last round went so well that I got all 20 with 24 seconds left

Why care?

If you enjoy the game, why would you need a trophy as a motivation to 100% it? Shouldn't the fun of the game be motivation in itself?

If you don't enjoy the game, shouldn't you then be glad that you're not required to play more than you really want to, if your only end goal is just to get the platinum?

• Like 4