100% not required for Platinum is disappointing

I was also surprised that this game doesn't require 100%, I'm not sure about the eggs because to open certain portals a certain amount is necessary. even so in the first area of the game i have almost everything at 100%, i like to explore everything including the side quests :) 

• Like 1

I must agree with the OP.

Both first games oblige you to complete 100% of the game to unlock the last trophy. Spyro 3 is the hardest and you only need 100 eggs to access the final boss, everything else is miscellaneous trophies for some each level. The platinum would be much rarer if it asked everything like the previous games.

And yes, people; we can (and I did) 120% of the third game. It doesn’t invalidate the fact that people are disappointed for the trophy list being easier -_- 

• Like 2

TBH I was more disappointed that chasing Moneybags was way too easy. I was really looking forward getting the gems back from him, but it was kind of a letdown. I think you had to chase him a lot more in the original trilogy. Also after playing Reignited Ripto's Rage/Gateway to Glimmer, is still my favourite Spyro game.

While I do understand the disappointment, I personally didn't mind. It was weird, yes. But I didn't mind.

On 09/12/2018 at 1:47 PM, RikuKelev said:

TBH I was more disappointed that chasing Moneybags was way too easy. I was really looking forward getting the gems back from him, but it was kind of a letdown. I think you had to chase him a lot more in the original trilogy. Also after playing Reignited Ripto's Rage/Gateway to Glimmer, is still my favourite Spyro game.

While I do understand the disappointment, I personally didn't mind. It was weird, yes. But I didn't mind.

Especially as it's a gold trophy too.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So at first I too was disappointed that 100% completion wasn’t necessary for the platinum, but then I got to the stupid parts of the game like the skateboarding race and decided it wasn’t so bad after all. I was able to coast through the rest of game with no problem knowing 100% wasn’t required for the platinum. 

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Tbh I am glad that the Bonus round isn't for the Platinum since I was never any good at winning the Yeti Race without the Star Exploit* that allowed Spyro to get a permanent maximum boost instead of you doing tricks and Toys for Bob didn't put it in.  Personally this is actually my favourite of the trilogy [ and actually the first Spyro game I bought and still own, did the the demo only of the first one ]as apposed to Gateway to Glimmer aka Ripto's Rage in the US.

*If you stood Spyro in one of the Boost Stars on the racecourse and counted to 100, the skateboard would have a permanent boost and you can get past all the Yetis and win the race, removing the need to do tricks to fill the boost bar. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 11:05 PM, LunchCannon54 said:

Anyone else a bit miffed by this?

The other two require them and I don't see why they didn't do it here. Perhaps a DLC trophy in future? 

I'm kind of glad in a way though considering how broken a lot of the mechanics are in 3. It feels the most rushed out of any of them and I encountered several glaring bugs and glitches during my run. 

Not in the least bit. The shorter the better so I can move on to the next game/platinum. Three games of this Spyro trash and I'm burned out with it.

I mean I'm glad they don't. While I went for the 100% still myself just because I wanted too. I don't personally like seeing those trophies in games, because in the end it creates this really uncomfortable usually long collectathon of collectible list after collectible list that kills the enjoyment of the games more then it does make you happy by the end. Plus if you ever played a game like Mad Max where collection trophies could bug forcing you to replay an entire game from scratch? Yeah I hate that alot. It's bad enough if you have to do almost acouple hundred things but then find out when your nearly done one glitched and you can't complete it so gotta start over. It's more then infuriating.

11 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I mean I'm glad they don't. While I went for the 100% still myself just because I wanted too. I don't personally like seeing those trophies in games, because in the end it creates this really uncomfortable usually long collectathon of collectible list after collectible list that kills the enjoyment of the games more then it does make you happy by the end. Plus if you ever played a game like Mad Max where collection trophies could bug forcing you to replay an entire game from scratch? Yeah I hate that alot. It's bad enough if you have to do almost acouple hundred things but then find out when your nearly done one glitched and you can't complete it so gotta start over. It's more then infuriating.

Oh dude, Mad Max was so painfully average bordering on boring, I’m so glad it’s done and I never have to touch it again. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hmm, I suppose I was mildly disappointed to learn that no trophies are associated with 100%, but I decided to go for it anyway:

avUlIg4q_o.jpg

Why the heck not, right? And I had a good time regardless. I'm not sure if it's the improved controls, my additional years of gaming experience, or both, but this seemed significantly easier to do than it was in the PS1 originals. Shooting down those twin dragons in the Fireworks Factory was a bit of a pain, though.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...