Herbalist #9

TVDex252

So I'm on the challenge where you need to the pick 43 different plants and I'm struggling to find the Acuna's Star Orchid. I've found it twice before during my playthrough and for some reason, I cannot find a single one anymore. I've checked several guides and videos for locations and they just aren't there. I have found other types of Orchids, as far as I know, this is the only one I can't seem to find.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Do these plants respawn? And if so how do I get them to respawn?

32 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

So I'm on the challenge where you need to the pick 43 different plants and I'm struggling to find the Acuna's Star Orchid. I've found it twice before during my playthrough and for some reason, I cannot find a single one anymore. I've checked several guides and videos for locations and they just aren't there. I have found other types of Orchids, as far as I know, this is the only one I can't seem to find.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Do these plants respawn? And if so how do I get them to respawn?

Sleeping for 3 days seems to repsawn most things in the game. Also consider using "Dirty Tyler's" YouTube video as he made a great guide on where to find all of them. 

On what step are you on the exotics quest? There is a mechanism in the game that prevents more orquids to spawn I guess in order for you to actually complete both the quest and the challenge.

In my case I was picking ahead some orquids (4/5 Spider ones) and they stopped spawning eventually; they respawned once I reached the specific quest step and I were on Herbalist 9 (my guess is you need both active)

Edited by BlackTorito
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

On what step are you on the exotics quest? There is a mechanism in the game that prevents more orquids to spawn I guess in order for you to actually complete both the quest and the challenge.

In my case I was picking ahead some orquids (4/5 Spider ones) and they stopped spawning eventually; they respawned once I reached the specific quest step and I were on Herbalist 9 (my guess is you need both active)

I came into this thread to say exactly this, if you haven't completed the exotic quest then the herbs will stop spawning to prevent you from completing the objectives before you have started the quest. Sorry to say but you will have to progress to this part of exotics quest first if you want to complete the herbalist challenge #9

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, x7eight said:

I think this may be missable or at least I'm yet to find a workaround.

I completed the exotics quests and picked up all 5 dragon orchids, nows there no more for me to pick for herbalist 9? 

The orchids are not gone once you picked them up. They grow just like any regular plants so you can’t miss them. ?

16 hours ago, aCCzTaurin said:

The orchids are not gone once you picked them up. They grow just like any regular plants so you can’t miss them. 1f642.png

Yes, thanks, worked it out I just had to look in different location, guide I used said there's only 5 in games so I got a Lil scare but all is well. ? 

On 12/1/2018 at 0:31 AM, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

does anyone have a clue how long it takes for the herbs to respawn once picked? 

For regular herbs, 3 in-game days was usually enough to get them to grow back. I never needed to wait for exotics to grow back but I assume it would be the same.

2 hours ago, TVDex252 said:

For regular herbs, 3 in-game days was usually enough to get them to grow back. I never needed to wait for exotics to grow back but I assume it would be the same.

i came to the conclusion for me they only respawned after i'd picked a certain number of other herbs.  it was very strange, as everything  else is on a timer but herbs it seems.