Fallout 76 magazines ingame ?

TheScorpi0411

Nope. I've played 17 hours myself and havent found any either. Also struggling to find terminals to hack. Only hacked one, and found one other which needed level 3...

Nearly have 10 bobbleheads already which is cool, though.

Edited by Animated_JoeJoe

3 hours ago, DerKnecht21 said:

Found 2 ( Scouts' Life and Tesla Science). But with the non permanent effect they are less usefull than in Fallout 4

How do they look like ? 

Update !! : found one :)

There is a perk that u can use, when u are close to a magazine it makes a sound ;)

Edited by TheScorpi0411

7 hours ago, TheScorpi0411 said:

How do they look like ? 

Update !! : found one :)

There is a perk that u can use, when u are close to a magazine it makes a sound ;)

OOH I have that perk too but I honestly can't tell what sound I'm supposed to be listening out for. How would you describe the sound??

Edited by wetfloppytoddler

• 1 month later...

I've now played over 100 hours and have only just found 20 magazines. 

The last 12 were found in 2 hours!!

Somehow I was in a server all by myself  for hours and every new location and location that had been discovered had at least one magazine. 

They were everywhere. ?

Also the trophy description says read 20 magazines but the trophy popped for me when I picked up the 20th so only 19 had been read. This means it may be possible for someone to drop 20 mags and earn the trophy????

Simply way if You just want to unlock the trophy for magazines/locks/terminals/bobbleheads:

Find one on the map, pick up/open/hack now switch the server, go back to the same place and do it again. If there is no item You searchinng that means someone did it earlier. 

Yes - You can have 20 the same magazines, 10 bobbleheads etc. 

4 hours ago, reiner- said:

Also the trophy description says read 20 magazines but the trophy popped for me when I picked up the 20th so only 19 had been read. This means it may be possible for someone to drop 20 mags and earn the trophy????

Trophy description is correct imho. It means that picking up is exacly the reading because after You click "X" You have a view on it on the middle of screen. When You click it again at Your inventory it works like using food or drink with better bonus results.

1 hour ago, lukaszssj2 said:

Simply way if You just want to unlock the trophy for magazines/locks/terminals/bobbleheads:

Find one on the map, pick up/open/hack now switch the server, go back to the same place and do it again. If there is no item You searchinng that means someone did it earlier. 

I've tried using this method the past couple of days for magazines and bobbleheads, and it hasn't worked.  I've hopped server upwards of 30 times and found nothing back in the same location.

Instead I used gameshedge.com guide which has been fantastic as it's really detailed and specific, coupled with the perk that gives you an auditory indicator when the magazine is nearby.

5 hours ago, reiner- said:

Sadly not, I tried dropping the 20 magazines I found for my husband and the trophy didn't unlock for him.  He ended up having to collect them all himself

I think the server hopping has been patched by Bethesda, thanks Todd, but yea best thing to do is equip the perk that makes a sound when close to one, and also to google locations known for magazines to spawn in, then just load in and travel to each area one by one to farm, I think they will reset after 24h like the vendor caps/inventories, and as far as termainals go you should have all 3 hacker perks unlocked and use the same method by googling terminal locations