Any help and advice WELCOME!

First time playing a lego game and whilst I'm finding it fun this game is unclear as fuck to me, thought they were meant to be easy!

Ok so basically I've completed the story and am now mopping up on freeplay mode, problem is I can't finish the levels or progress further beacuse I can't select/deselect which characters to use when starting the level.  I've just tried doing level 9 attack on lexcorp 3 times to get to a point that I can't progress any further because i don't have the right batman.  Why is there no option to switch when you build the lego suit switch things in freeplay?  It just goes to a grey colour.

This is probably going to something really simple and stupid which will make me look a right knobcheese but as i say, never played these before.  Its really pissing me off......

Can you really not change your character in free play either using L1/L2/R1/R2 or by keeping Triangle pressed? I don't know about this game specifically, but usually that's the way to do it. Sometimes holding Triangle also gives you a selection of characters and one of the options opens a larger selection.

Edited by Karlsson89

Im playing batman 2 at the moment what kind of suit you need? The only needed suites are batman invisibility and robin ball ability, you can switch bomber batman to get silver block blown by pinguin`s O button. Electric station can be charged with Joker hand zapper. But i my game all suits stations are availible on freeplay sometimes hidden (shouldnt be skipp if you try play freeplay like normal game changing characters only if needed/when you using other characters to speedup lvl you can glitch some of the stations). What batman costume you need again?

I assume you cant have spare characters to all abilites becouse you will do gotham city golden blocks roam just by flying from rooftop to rooftop selecting needed character and getting the gold. You can do it for some but you need to do legit platforming for most.

Edited by Beliar4

Before I start the freeplay level, I have no idea how to selct what characters to take in with me, I can select batman and choose the electric/bomb batman.  Then I can select superman or robin, what I'm not getting is the rest of the random characters I keep going in there with.  I've unlocked quite a few characters.  When you get to the free play party screen that shows all the characters you have before starting the level, thats what I'm having trouble with.  No idea how to deselect them so I can take just what I need its beyond annoying.

What you select before starting level isnt important becouse you can change it anytime during the stage (You can select regular Batman/Robin). Im selecting superman just to fly right off. Just press and hold triangle to view character select map. (You need to hold triangle for 2 seconds minimum)

Also you need to hold triangle while choosing new hero, releasing the button close the select map.

Edited by Beliar4
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...