Let's talk about the honor system

phoenix_shade

I went from +%0 honor to full honor in 35 min. by fishing and then throwing them back into the water. You get one honor level per 8 fish you throw out - just equip cheese bait and fish for Bluegill and Chain Pickerel they're easy to reel in and then rinse and repeat till you've reached max honor. It's super easy and kinda broken. Watch this video for an in-depth tutorial 

• Like 2

There's loads of ways to get honor aside from chores tbh. Ultimately to unlock things properly in Chapter 6 you need to only need to be at level 4 honor, which isn't that far off the middle of the honor gauge.

I like that evil actions are weighted heavier than good ones. If you rob a bank, steal from the dead or anything like that it totally should detract more honor than you would gain from carrying a bundle of hay to horses.

I really dislike the honour system. There isn't really any incentive to be dishonourable, yet we're playing as an outlaw. It just feels like this tacked on mechanic that I have to get up if I want any real incentive like discounts in stores or access to certain honour missions. There are also times where I've robbed other outlaws and received negative honour for it. When you think about it, you can go from town to town murdering and looting people and then just rebuild that lost honour by running around and saying hi to people in Saint Denis. 

Just be nice and say hi to everyone donate to the camp, put fish back when you catch them, try not to loot anyone but bad guys and do as many stranger missions as you can as they give a lot of good honour points. Plus in chapter 6 your honour skyrockets when you do any good deed. I got the trophy today for high honour and I was stuck for ages with a quarter to go until I got to chapter 6.

Edited by freaky_45

Had no real dramas with the honour system and maxed out during chapter 6.

Although it is shit losing honour for looting dead bodies. I mean those dead guys aren't gonna use the items/money and the camp really needs a chicken coop so fair's fair. Arthur's looting is for the greater good.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:18 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

There's loads of ways to get honor aside from chores tbh. Ultimately to unlock things properly in Chapter 6 you need to only need to be at level 4 honor, which isn't that far off the middle of the honor gauge.

I like that evil actions are weighted heavier than good ones. If you rob a bank, steal from the dead or anything like that it totally should detract more honor than you would gain from carrying a bundle of hay to horses.

Yeah, sure, but what about bumping into a pedestrian detract more than you gained from stopping a train robbery?

Once I lost honor points by shooting an eagle, WTF??

Not really worry about it as friends told me lots of honor points are coming automatically later but it is just really annoying.

Edited by Maverick6146